Cleaner conned into handing over salary for 15 yrs

Jman888

cannot imagine this is happening <_<<_<
the news reported that the two women told the cleaner that he owe 'govt' money and took all his monthly salary $2000 and left $50 for his meals.
i hope the old woman pay back (maybe in jail term) for what she did for past 15 years.

More than $18,000 raised for 70-year-old man who was allegedly cheated of $400,000
PUBLISHED ON FEB 9, 2015
BY JALELAH ABU BAKER
man09022015e.jpg
Mr Tan, who cannot stand up straight due to a spinal injury, holds two jobs. He works as a cleaner from 7am to 11.30am, and then as a pump attendant at the Esso station along Toa Payoh Lorong 2 from 4pm to 11.30pm. -- PHOTO: TNP
SINGAPORE - More than US$14,000 (S$18,935) has been raised online for a 70-year-old man who lost $400,000 to two women over 15 years.
The New Paper on Sunday reported that the two Singaporean women told Mr Tan Soy Kiang, who is single, that the money was for a non-existent debt he owed the government. The women are friends he has known for a long time and trusted. A 65-year-old woman has been arrested, while another 69-year-old woman is assisting the police with investigations.
A man by the name of Dan Chen, who works in an international school, started a campaign on crowdfunding site Indiegogo on Sunday. His goal was to raise US$5,000 (S$6,763), but by 8.30am on Monday, more than US$14,000 (S$18,935) has been raised for Mr Tan by 442 people. Of the public donations, US$1,000 (S$1,352) was the highest single amount.
The New Paper reported that Mr Tan, who cannot stand up straight due to a spinal injury, holds two jobs. He works as a cleaner from 7am to 11.30am, and then as a pump attendant at the Esso station along Toa Payoh Lorong 2 from 4pm to 11.30pm.
The alleged cheating by the women was uncovered only in 2013 by Mr Tan's niece, Pamela Lim, who returned to Singapore after living in Australia for 15 years. Although Mr Tan was borrowing money from his neighbours and sister, he was not forthcoming with why he was constantly out of money. Ms Lim prodded him and eventually, he told her what happened.
Although Ms Lim managed to confront the women a year ago to get them to confess on video what they were doing, and they promised to stop, they went to look for Mr Tan again after six months. They would wait for him near his workplace after his pay day.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Pity the old cleaner.... all his life savings just gone with the wind...

And damned the 2 women !

60+ and still trying to cheat an old man !

Hope SPF can recover some $ back for the old cleaner .....

Why are ppl so cruel to an old man?

He is single and depends on his savings for the last few years of his life..

How could anyone just cheat him like that ... sad ...

• Praise 3

Those two ahmah damned jek ark.. Even after kenna found out and confess, they still go back to their old ways and cheat the poor man of his money.

• Praise 2

he work as a pump attendant at the Esso station along Toa Payoh Lorong 2 from 4pm to 11.30pm

do it discretely and dun get him into trouble with his superior or company :D:D

i sympathize the cleaner

but how the hell the woman can cheat a person for 15 years ...

ok, he is a cleaner ... without high education or high IQ ...

but as an adult ... how to be cheated for 15 years with a lame excuse of "owe govt money" ... walao ehh ...

it's not a scam of magic stone, gold or brazil condo that can cheat one time gao gao and run road

is this serious?

just by saying you owe govt money, you guai guai give $1950 per month for 15 years?

70 years old now ... 15 years ago he was only 55 ... the mind sure still "ok" right?

SINGAPORE - More than US$14,000 (S$18,935) has been raised online for a 70-year-old man who lost $400,000 to two women over 15 years.
Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Pity the old cleaner.... all his life savings just gone with the wind...

And damned the 2 women !

60+ and still trying to cheat an old man !

Hope SPF can recover some $ back for the old cleaner .....

Why are ppl so cruel to an old man?

He is single and depends on his savings for the last few years of his life..

How could anyone just cheat him like that ... sad ...

What does the law say on this matter? I know that HDB flats are usually safe from debtors but what about a case like this?

Can the law take their HDB and sell it to reimburse their victim? Or must it be after they die?

• Praise 2

What does the law say on this matter? I know that HDB flats are usually safe from debtors but what about a case like this?

Can the law take their HDB and sell it to reimburse their victim? Or must it be after they die?

no one can touch the hdb...

apparently they will only get jail term if they can't pay up.

Wow just wow and I thought I've seen a lot of con tricks in my life but this about tops the lot!!

Like that also can think of and don't know how they have the heart to do this. Just wondering how they sleep at night but I guess they just don't have a conscience!! There should be some way to force the 2 women to repay him back and if needed to make them bankrupt although can't see the benefit of them being bankrupt though [thumbsdown]

• Praise 5

no one can touch the hdb...

apparently they will only get jail term if they can't pay up.

Sad to hear that - the law needs to be amended in this matter.

Let's hope those 2 clowns own a condo.

Edited by Kusje

65 and 69 year old ah mah.... I am surprised their conscience never prick them. I'm sure they have husbands, children and even grandchildren. They not scare retribution will be bestowed onto their family for doing such deeds? [shakehead]

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Really KNN

i know this poor pump attendant!! always see him whenever i stop by Esso Toa Payoh!

I hope the garment will force sell these 2 bitches' assets and homes, to pay back!

think i will do something for this chap

i sympathize the cleaner

but how the hell the woman can cheat a person for 15 years ...

ok, he is a cleaner ... without high education or high IQ ...

but as an adult ... how to be cheated for 15 years with a lame excuse of "owe govt money" ... walao ehh ...

it's not a scam of magic stone, gold or brazil condo that can cheat one time gao gao and run road

is this serious?

just by saying you owe govt money, you guai guai give $1950 per month for 15 years?

70 years old now ... 15 years ago he was only 55 ... the mind sure still "ok" right?

now we know why garment is afraid of letting us take out our entire CPF money............

• Praise 1

I am also in similar situation. Every month I also give money to this Iras guy because they say I owe govt money. [:(]

It just mean you are rich -_-

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I am also in similar situation. Every month I also give money to this Iras guy because they say I owe govt money. [:(]

u can try to stop giving them.............. give FR later..... [laugh]

• Praise 2

Actually suddenly giving the unker so much money might not be a good idea. More ppl might target him. Much like the old widow and the Chinese swindler. If no kin or caretaker to manage his funds he might use it to gamble or get swindle. Helping a person is not easy. Give lots of money to him might just do more harm dan good. With the media and news would be robbers know what he looks like and knows where he works.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7