Recommendation for Spectacles

Atrecord

They sell really cheap lens.

Anyone knows about the quality of their lens? Do they last (in comparison to Crizal and the likes)

topic merged here.

my son glasses from there and my wife just make a pair with progressive lens collecting this weekend, will update the quality next week.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My current pair is progressive with blue lens, so far so good and their prices are reasonable too.

Unable to give feedback in comparison with Crizal, cos never use Crizal before. But will go back to Owndays, in view of their prices and services rendered.

My current pair is progressive with blue lens, so far so good and their prices are reasonable too.

Unable to give feedback in comparison with Crizal, cos never use Crizal before. But will go back to Owndays, in view of their prices and services rendered.

when we were there, one customer came back to complain about the high index thinner lenses cracked, so we opt for the normal high index unless your power is like 1000 degree.

when we were there, one customer came back to complain about the high index thinner lenses cracked, so we opt for the normal high index unless your power is like 1000 degree.

The non-Hoya high index lenses that me and my wife had before, tend to turn yellow after 1-2 years.

Original Hoya and Zeiss lenses don't have this problem.

Do update if your owndays ones have the same issue.

They opening so many stores, haha must be quite popular.

They sell really cheap lens.

Anyone knows about the quality of their lens? Do they last (in comparison to Crizal and the likes)

I've had Crizal lenes and I find that the clarity of the lens diminishes very quickly.  In fact, my degree shot up after using it.  Switched to Zeiss and my degree growth is almost negligible.

One thing I've also noticed is quite a number of stores like to say that the lens brand is Alcon which is another name for Crizal. 

topic merged here.

my son glasses from there and my wife just make a pair with progressive lens collecting this weekend, will update the quality next week.

You merged without his title, thus losing one major info. He was asking about Ownday lens compare to other brands.

Just last week made a pair for my son. Cheapest is $98. Comes with free upgrade to high index 1.74. collect in half an hour.

I've had Crizal lenes and I find that the clarity of the lens diminishes very quickly.  In fact, my degree shot up after using it.  Switched to Zeiss and my degree growth is almost negligible.

One thing I've also noticed is quite a number of stores like to say that the lens brand is Alcon which is another name for Crizal. 

Zeiss is Conti. Hoya is Toyota. Crizal is ... Peugeot/Citreon  [laugh]

I balked at the price of the zeiss lenses, but after i got it, best lenses i've owned since wearing specs for 30 years.

So damn good, that i changed my home glasses to zeiss lenses cos it's like driving a sports saloon at work and coming home to drive the toyota corolla.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

You merged without his title, thus losing one major info. He was asking about Ownday lens compare to other brands.

Just last week made a pair for my son. Cheapest is $98. Comes with free upgrade to high index 1.74. collect in half an hour.

i have to agree.

this merging of topics is getting ridiculous.

everyday I log in...see the same old topics.

I balked at the price of the zeiss lenses, but after i got it, best lenses i've owned since wearing specs for 30 years.

So damn good, that i changed my home glasses to zeiss lenses cos it's like driving a sports saloon at work and coming home to drive the toyota corolla.

Very apt descriptions!!  LOL!!  [laugh]  [laugh] [laugh]  

Some say Nikon lenses > Zeiss.  I know the price difference is :a-confused: Like GTR versus regular conti pricing.

But yes, Zeiss FTW.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Very apt descriptions!! LOL!! [laugh][laugh] [laugh]

Some say Nikon lenses > Zeiss. I know the price difference is :a-confused: Like GTR versus regular conti pricing.

But yes, Zeiss FTW. [thumbsup]

You gotta be really rich bah. My lenses are already 300-320 by themselves...

got Brokewagon brand one boh? :XD:

Wear already bak chew tiow teng.

Haha. Pity you chaps.

I did Lasik almost 10 years ago and my eye sight is still perfect now. Maybe another 10 years time when I start to have poor eyesight, I will change my eyeballs.

• Praise 2

My experience when I first started wearing "glasses" was my myopia increased every other month.

Changed to real glass (not plastic lens), problem solved.

Now I stick to glass. The glass will outlast the frame. Using Japanese brand frames like Nikon and Seiko, the frame "spoil", the glass still not a single scratch despite using shirts and toilet papers to clean it every time.

Edited by Kangadrool

My experience when I first started wearing "glasses" was my myopia increased every other month.

Changed to real glass (not plastic lens), problem solved.

Now I stick to glass. The glass will outlast the frame. Using Japanese brand frames like Nikon and Seiko, the frame "spoil", the glass still not a single scratch despite using shirts and toilet papers to clean it every time.

It's not due to glass or plastic actually. Doesn't really matter.

You gotta be really rich bah. My lenses are already 300-320 by themselves...

My lens costs $440 and it is Toyota lens, don't dare to ask for Zeiss. Think need to change optician soon.

Haha. Pity you chaps.

I did Lasik almost 10 years ago and my eye sight is still perfect now. Maybe another 10 years time when I start to have poor eyesight, I will change my eyeballs.

Not really bothered by it. Wore for so long they are like part of my body.

But of course can be a hinderance if you are doing sports. Swimming is fine since prescription goggles came along.

My lens costs $440 and it is Toyota lens, don't dare to ask for Zeiss. Think need to change optician soon.

Bifocal? My parents glasses do cost a lot.

Not really bothered by it. Wore for so long they are like part of my body.

But of course can be a hinderance if you are doing sports. Swimming is fine since prescription goggles came along.

Bifocal? My parents glasses do cost a lot.

Yeah, progressive and high index with asti. Regret not doing lasik 5 years ago, now no point liow.

$440 for progressive lenses mean thr frame is branded [laugh]

my Nike titanium with progressive high index cost $390. Anyway my first progressive spect with Ray-Ban frame cost $600+ [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement