• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
345 replies to this topic | 603 praises

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:09 PM

Leoeve
  • Premium member
    Leoeve
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

those who brought either car, any feedback which is car is better in long run?

AD vs PI?

both are CVT engine but qq with turbo, must pump 98 for turbo?

performance wise which is better?

pls share. thank you.

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:16 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I believe both need min 95 ron. Vezel is gdi , comp 11.5.

Vezel is rated at 11.4 sec , qq at 12.9 sec for 0-100.  But for 0-60 , qq shudnt lose out.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:43 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged
    Author Image

AD vs PI?
pls share. thank you.

Vesel is Better, if QQ, should be 2.0NA but not 1.2T
cashcow praised this

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:51 PM

gohhappy39
  • gohhappy39
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

I am also caught in this dilemma. I think performance wise, Vezel is better, but equipment wise, QQ is better.

How? Haha

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:12 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Buy whichever car float your boat..... Both equally good...hehe

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:13 PM

Nav14
  • Nav14
    6th Gear
    Author Image

QQ might be 12.9secs on paper but feels faster according to reviews. So best to test drive both and not just based on published figures.
Features wise QQ is superior.
Interior wise QQ is also superior. Visit Ubi Tan Chong to at least sit in the QQ and then quickly move over next to the PIs next door and the difference would be immediately obvious.
Exterior wise QQ again is superior looking more like a mid range full fledged SUV vs the neither here nor there look of Vezel
5yr warranty by Tan Chong vs 3yrs by PI which depends on your luck if it will be fully honored by a third party workshop.
cashcow praised this

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:42 PM

Lordmazex
  • Premium member
    Lordmazex
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

looks like qashqai has the better overall package..

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:20 PM

Vantivetech
  • Vantivetech
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

AD vs PI?

pls share. thank you.

Bro, it is not the engine that is CVT.

The transmission (powertrain) is CVT :)

1 Anonymous member praised this
Dealer of RoyalPurple Lubricants http://www.royalpurple.com

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:11 AM

Jordanplus
  • Premium member
    Jordanplus
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

test drive QQ 1.2T, very comfort ride, well equip and good acoustic.
the only concern is the reliability of the 1.2T engine.
Vroomvroom praised this

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:20 AM

Jordanplus
  • Premium member
    Jordanplus
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

whether 11.4 or 12.9 sec for 0-100, driver like us wont feel any different by that 1.5sec. do u guys counting time to reach 100 while driving.
btw, QQ has more torque than vezel, dont just look at horsepower.
Count-Bracula and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:24 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Buying vezel and qashqai for drag race? Lol

Qashqai seems to be bigger to me
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:39 AM

Dino-Lee
  • Premium member
    Dino-Lee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Tough one here bro. Both has it's advantage. My personal opinion is that QQ has better interior, except for the back seat, too upright. Have to seat straight up. Vezel has better exterior look, 2 door like, compact and lovely "eyes" (x model and above).

Engine performance, Vezel has the edge with more power when you need it and better FC. However QQ is more quiet on the run. In general, QQ is more luxury and Vezel more sporty.

Happy hunting guys ...
Blackyv, Sweeney, Showster and cashcow praised this

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:42 AM

Rationalexuberance
  • Premium member
    Rationalexuberance
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Tough one here bro. Both has it's advantage. My personal opinion is that QQ has better interior, except for the back seat, too upright. Have to seat straight up. Vezel has better exterior look, 2 door like, compact and lovely "eyes" (x model and above).

Engine performance, Vezel has the edge with more power when you need it and better FC. However QQ is more quiet on the run. In general, QQ is more luxury and Vezel more sporty.

Happy hunting guys ...

vezel bros and sis! lets go this sunday to TC motors at bt timah..drive our vezels and park one line there. and we all test drive the QQ. Won't that be a sight to see.
i like thw QQ as well..yet to test it. wanna test shud put on a spectacle!

Edited by Rationalexuberance, 11 February 2015 - 01:43 AM.

Dino-Lee praised this

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:53 AM

Dino-Lee
  • Premium member
    Dino-Lee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

vezel bros and sis! lets go this sunday to TC motors at bt timah..drive our vezels and park one line there. and we all test drive the QQ. Won't that be a sight to see.
i like thw QQ as well..yet to test it. wanna test shud put on a spectacle!

You so poison. lol

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:13 AM

Nav14
  • Nav14
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Happy hunting guys ...

QQ definitely have better road presence. Vezel have to spend lot of money modifying the exterior to give it the same road presence.

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:17 AM

Civic6228
  • Premium member
    Civic6228
    Supercharged
    Author Image

QQ - Made in UK (not sure about the 1.2 Turbo).... PI Vezel Made in Japan and Kah Motor Made in Thailand ....

For me .... I go for the PI Vezel ... I am a Honda fan.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:28 AM

nicgrace
  • Premium member
    nicgrace
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Everyone views the word "better" from different perspectives and these perspectives change over time. I have been driving a Honda for many years and selection was very much based on "better" power and more sporty feel. Now I am switching to Nissan QQ 1.2 not because Honda is inferior, but because my selection criteria is more weighted towards overall family comfort. I do not mind trading off some power for that.

Everyone has different perspectives and living in different phases of life. So that is why there are markets to tailor to people with different tastes. There is no right or wrong, black or white.
Dino-Lee, Simpleonly, Sweeney, Fertham, Credor, Count-Bracula, Showster, 1 other member and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:41 AM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Everyone views the word "better" from different perspectives and these perspectives change over time. I have been driving a Honda for many years and selection was very much based on "better" power and more sporty feel. Now I am switching to Nissan QQ 1.2 not because Honda is inferior, but because my selection criteria is more weighted towards overall family comfort. I do not mind trading off some power for that.

Everyone has different perspectives and living in different phases of life. So that is why there are markets to tailor to people with different tastes. There is no right or wrong, black or white.

I'm like you, driving a Honda for almost 5 yrs now and like it cos of the "better" power and sporty feel.

As I'm getting older now and priorities change, I feel comfort, high seating arrangement for easier access becomes a higher priority. The Qq has become a good proposition as is the Vezel. Though I'm not too keen on going the PI route so may look at the HRV later but it's of lower specs and higher price compared to Vezel so........

Byteslurve and Sweeney praised this

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:49 AM

Rationalexuberance
  • Premium member
    Rationalexuberance
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Damn i like the QQ more and more too..Own a vezel hybrid now which fits my personality, being fun to drive everytime i get in the car. very comfortable as well when you need it to be. I must test drive the QQ soon, it may well be my family's 2nd car after my wife's existing one needs to be scrapped

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:05 AM

Vroomvroom
  • Premium member
    Vroomvroom
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Cost/Running Cost:

Vezel X model should be about on average 7k cheaper than QQ 1.2T

QQ road tax per year as compared to Vezel is lesser by about $234 per year.

QQ insurance likely cheaper since it is a 1.2L?

QQ petrol consumption likely better since 1.2L ?

Vezel 3 yrs warranty, QQ 5 years warranty but what does this 5 years warranty cover? Reverse sensor spoilt, will they cover?

my current Nissan ride reverse sensor spoilt within 1 year and they told me its not covered under warranty. Will they repair for free if one of those gadget in the QQ breaks down? 

Parts and maintanence, QQ 1.2L parts where will it come from? UK? Will it share the same parts with its 2.0L variant?  HRV coming to town, Vezel parts may be readily available?

Exterior:

Pointless to discuss, i see her sweet you see her cute, u get what i meant.

Interior:

Definitely QQ. Will be a surprise to me if anyone says Vezel wins in this aspect.

Space:

Vezel larger boot space

Backseats seems like Vezel more spacious also

PIs vs ADs:

Seriously whats the fear about PIs' car? I see tons of Estimas, Fit etc on the road. These owners cant be mad right to buy such cars?

No doubt there are some risks involved with buying a car from PI. However, i feel that the risk is not big enough to cause major concern especially if you have done all due diligence with your homework.

Honda vs Nissan Engine/CVT

I can't speak for Honda, i never driven one before. Im a 8yrs old Nissan car CVT owner. No problem with its engine or transmission whatsoever, just need to follow and do your regular maintenance as recommended.

I wont make a decision as both cars are equally appealing, i will talk to both the PIs and Tan Chong. Whoever gives a deal that is more irresistable will clinch my business.

2c ( Dont scold me, just my view nia)

Lala81, Sweeney, Hmsg, Credor, Showster, cashcow and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Nissan Qashqai

Nissan Qashqai  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Zoarium  |  Clutched

Definitely a good buy

First time owning a suv. I have been driving for 2 months. I like the comfort and handling of the car. Equipment level definitely is at continental car level. Was contemplating between the Qashqai and Vezel but price was good, especially buyi... » Read More

Honda Vezel

Honda Vezel  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Reev  |  Neutral Newbie

Best SUV performance & Value for money

My second SUV, Like this car as its comfortable for city driving and handling is good. Light wight & compact size make it easy to menuvar and easy to park. Decent SUV price and it's exterior look is super cool.

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Honda Vezel, Nissan Qashqai

Quick Reply

Tags: nissan, jap talk, honda, suv and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users