West Coast Murder

RadX

I see this I think of @chowyunfatt

Keep bird summore...... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop] And it is at his area too...could it be??? @chowyunfatt whr u

post-547-0-53654700-1423704666.jpg

Father dies in 'scuffle' with son
Feb 12, 2015 6:00am
546 31 1 605
NP_20150212_ELFIGHT12X_767842.jpg?itok=V
HAPPIER TIMES: Mr Tan Kok Keng (left) with his son, Mr Mark Tan Peng Liat, who has been arrested.
Photo: Facebook screengrab
PreviousNext
NP_20150212_ELFIGHT12X_767842.jpg?itok=VNP_20150212_ELFIGHT-Q0N_767299.jpg?itok=

One was an avid golfer who kept a number of birds as pets. The other had a passion for cars.

For nearly three decades, Mr Tan Kok Keng, 67, and his son, Mr Mark Tan Peng Liat, 29, lived together in their West Coast Rise home, seemingly without incident.

But on Tuesday afternoon, something went terribly wrong.

Neighbours reported hearing a woman's screams, and the police was called at 5.25pm.

They arrived at the semi-detatched house at 58 West Coast Rise and Mr Tan Kok Keng was taken to National University Hospital (NUH) unconscious. He was pronounced dead at about 6.48pm.

A police spokesman said that a 29-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident. The New Paper understands he is Mr Mark Tan. He will be charged in the State Courts today with murder.

A neighbour who lives a few houses down, called the elder Mr Tan a "generous man" who gave all the maids on the street red packets every Chinese New Year.

Read the full report in our print edition on Feb 12.

- See more at: http://www.tnp.sg/news/father-dies-scuffle-son#sthash.tOYobyju.dpuf

↡ Advertisement

I see this I think of @chowyunfatt

Keep bird summore...... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop] And it is at his area too...could it be??? @chowyunfatt whr u

he so atas where got drive evo one -_-, oh you mean the old guy?

more detail...

Man dies after allegedly strangled by son during row
PUBLISHED ON FEB 11, 2015
BY PEARL LEE
Police are investigating the death of a 67-year-old man, alleged to have been strangled by his son during a heated argument.
Neighbours of the family, who lived with their maid in a semi-detached house in West Coast Rise, said they heard screams and shouts coming from the unit on Tuesday evening.
Police officers and paramedics arrived at the scene shortly after that.
According to Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao, 29-year-old Mark Tan Peng Liat allegedly strangled his father after an argument between the duo turned violent.
Mr Tan Kok Keng fell unconscious and was taken to the National University Hospital just after 5.30pm on Tuesday. He suffered a cardiac arrest and was pronounced dead about an hour later. The younger Tan was arrested on the same day.
The Straits Times understands that the family's maid was home when the incident happened and had called the police. The case has since been classified as murder. It is not known what the row was about.
When The Straits Times visited the unit yesterday, the lights were turned off and there appeared to be no one in the house. A blue Mitsubishi Evolution belonging to the younger Tan was parked outside the house.
Neighbours said the police had barricaded the road until about 1am yesterday. Residents returning home had to show their identification cards with their addresses before they were allowed in.
A neighbour, who declined to be named, said the older Tan, a divorcee, was a quiet but friendly man who would wave to neighbours.
"I've lived here for 29 years but have not interacted much with him," he said. "But he is a generous man and every Chinese New Year, he would give red packets to the maids working on this street."
He described the younger Tan as more aloof, adding that he seldom greeted neighbours.
The younger Tan, who got married in November 2012, had just celebrated his 29th birthday last Friday. His Facebook profile painted a picture of a man who loved cars and travelled often.
A search by The Straits Times showed that he owned a model and talent management agency, The People Studio, at Kallang Way. His wife is also listed as one of its owners.

Based on the articles it seems like its not premeditated.

Most probably a heated argument gone bad.

My guess is money matter....

Other than this, I don't see what other reasons can lead to this commotion

Could be in laws too.

Very likely, and he will carry this remorse for life.

Could be in laws too.

yah i dun he think meant it, should be an accident.

yah i dun he think meant it, should be an accident.

haiz...these strawberries......

• Praise 3

The new paper jin kwa zhang. "Father and son lived together for decades."

The son is only 29yo, hardly 3 decade. It's not like they are immortals that lived for decades.

Anyway unker RIP.

• Praise 1

Heated argument for guys is only 2 things: Money or Women

Son's agency not doing well need money for cash flow, father disagree and says DIL not good lah, blah blah blah... Son gets angrier and angrier...

Haiz... too many such scenes in movies / TV shows... RIP... Now murder lata change to culpable homicide not amounting to murder so just need to go jail maybe 30 years but still get his father's inheritance?

Slave to money... sad...

↡ Advertisement