So you really think you are BIG...

Angcheek

Watch a documentary in Youtube, in Nov 2014, a Meteor of a mile wide passed between earth & our moon quietly and went un-noticed until it reaches far out of the moon. The meteor was travelling in front of the sun and as such, was not spotted due to sunlight blocking the telescope until it passed by. It was travelling at a projectory course around earth & the Sun in circle. [sweatdrop]

Calculating the speed it was travelling, the meteor is making it way back on 24th September 2015 and should the meteor change a slight course during the loop, it will crush with earth .... :o

Russian scientists predicted that it will smash into the north of Atlantic Ocean..... [grin]

Meaning, dont go there for deep sea fishing lor.....

Meaning, dont go there for deep sea fishing lor.....

errrrr.......... ITE hor .... [:/]

"Its The End" of mankind as the world will be cover with dark ashes & clouds for 3 years and ice-age took over. It will take 5 years before the sun ray hit earth again. [sweatdrop]

You see the 2 hrs documentary and you will understand. Only the 'special ones' and super rich will survive as they go undergound to hide for 5 years...... :huh:

You and me, if got chance, our bones will be discovered in 100,000 years time and display in some museum...... :ph34r:

• Praise 1

Speed of learning is one thing, but once you take into account the bending of the space-time curve, time is no longer a constant. Thus speed is also no longer relevant.

That being said, I still have not completed the final game of the mass effect trilogy.

speed of technological advance in a non-linear time comparison.. don't forget evolutionary advance.

To borrow from Stephen Hawking:

Primitive life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare

there may be things that affect pace of evolution.

On earth, there were thought to be 5 mass extinctions before mammals became the predominant species.

So different species may have different evolutionary pace. i.e. if dinosaurs become intelligent and grow opposable thumbs if there was no K-T event

Being on different planet size and composition affects gravity, magnetic poles, axis and rate of rotation, and other stellar variables like moons, suns affect seasons, tides, climate... all assuming the planet exists in the goldilocks region and conditions are good for carbon based life forms. maybe non-carbon based life forms can exist or use different biochemical make up.

also, we might assume that evolutionary convergence should be the norm for carbon based life forms. not sure about other non-carbon based life forms.

Edited by Nolicense

errrrr.......... ITE hor .... [:/]

"Its The End" of mankind as the world will be cover with dark ashes & clouds for 3 years and ice-age took over. It will take 5 years before the sun ray hit earth again. [sweatdrop]

You see the 2 hrs documentary and you will understand. Only the 'special ones' and super rich will survive as they go undergound to hide for 5 years...... :huh:

You and me, if got chance, our bones will be discovered in 100,000 years time and display in some museum...... :ph34r:

Can we siam to the opposite side of our globe n stay tight in a air balloon so that:-

-- opposite side of earth will get the lowest impact from the earth

-- being in the air on a air balloon, any earth quakes or Tsunami will have less effects on us

Edited by Super7

You mean the underage 'spring' chicken ... [sly]

Aei...... jail and canning hor, mai luan luan lai hor ... :ph34r:

[laugh][laugh]

Oie, CNY leh, must do a spring cleaning to clear all tiko thoughts, please don't put such tiko ideas into my "clean house" hor [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

You mean the underage 'spring' chicken ... [sly]

Aei...... jail and canning hor, mai luan luan lai hor ... :ph34r:

[laugh][laugh]

Oie, CNY leh, must do a spring cleaning to clear all tiko thoughts, please don't put such tiko ideas into my "clean house" hor [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

(edited)

referring to MY ONE (singlish), not YOUR ONE.

I thought this thread referring to that...

Edited by Achtung
  • Praise 3

I would recommend an incredible documentary made last year, Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey. It depicts the beginning of time and evolution. Scored an incredible 9.4 rating at IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395695/

Can download and watch. Worth spending every minute of your time [;)]

Yes learn about the scientists that expanded the humans race knowledge.

• Praise 2

Brian Cox has several good series to watch if u are into this stuff.

In one, he gives a Compelling theory why life was created.

It's a very simplistic theory but it did reinforce why I have no need for a creator to be in my life.

↡ Advertisement