Warning fellow drivers photo taking in progress

mixedccr

There was "photo taking" in progress yesterday evening (5:30 pm) along Mandai Rd, opp the army camp, in the direction of Sembawang (ie Kranji-BKE towards Sembawang). I was travelling Sem towards BKE.

I am enthusiastic about informing my oncoming friends that such activity is taking place by flashing my high beam. But because i turn off at BKE, this period is very short.

Also, if i happen to see photo "sniper" ahead in my direction, i will tap the brakes to flash my break lights (while trying to maintain speed, but also bleed out some speed if travelling >10kph above posted limit).

I heard somewhere that the flashing of headlights is 'against the law' .... is this true?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

True to an extent, but u need a to in the opposite direction to catch u. These days I drive with wAze activated a lot of fellow motorist proactive in updating us on such issues inc accidents etc

I mean u need traffic police in the opposite direction to catch u. Damn spellcheck!

True to an extent, but u need a to in the opposite direction to catch u. These days I drive with wAze activated a lot of fellow motorist proactive in updating us on such issues inc accidents etc

I mean u need traffic police in the opposite direction to catch u. Damn spellcheck!

now to this extent I think its better they put speed cameras every 10mtr -20mtrs on the road , confirm no speeding....

or max speed of the vehicle be limited ......driving now damn stress.....must watch out for snipers and bloody idiots drivers who either blind or simply bo chap, I one day can meet at least 4 to 5.

Waze is a good app though it seems not many SGeans using it.

Why bother to warn or beat the system. Just follow speed limit.

There are serious speeders that cause unnecessary Accidents. The law should catch up with them. Why warn these ppl and let them continue their dangerous driving ways?

• Praise 4

There are serious speeders that cause unnecessary Accidents. The law should catch up with them. Why warn these ppl and let them continue their dangerous driving ways?

Speeders will pull more concentration when they drive while the lesuire drivers don't.

It's easy to pin point accidents due to speeding but speed limit is set too low.

Drive out of parking lot example, car on main road driving at 20km/hr (limits at 10km/hr).

The car that drove out from lot will say accident could had been prevented if the driver on main road drives at 10km/hr but did not look himself in the mirror if he would had checked properly in first place.

So blame on speeding lor.

• Praise 3

Agree on the idiot drivers alot of times I drive people people on the right who suddenly see a cop and just whack the brakes even when they are going at the speed limit or slightly above. One of these days that will cause a chain collision

Haha I think if speeds are limited then everyone will take public transport, seriously I believe the govrnment closes an eye to speeding. If they were that concerned they would do the Aussie way and just hide all the speed camera which is very effective.

Personally I feel speeding is not my main concern (cause I also speed [laugh] ) tailgating, road hogging especially reckless driving. Kinda like how Germany does it no speed limits but everyone follows the rules of engagement.

now to this extent I think its better they put speed cameras every 10mtr -20mtrs on the road , confirm no speeding....

or max speed of the vehicle be limited ......driving now damn stress.....must watch out for snipers and bloody idiots drivers who either blind or simply bo chap, I one day can meet at least 4 to 5.

I just started using it, its actually not too bad. Especially in the city area I get updates on accidents, cops hiding in the bus lane etc updates. But more importantly I wanna monitor the new speed camera which I have no idea where they are :D

• Praise 2

There was "photo taking" in progress yesterday evening (5:30 pm) along Mandai Rd, opp the army camp, in the direction of Sembawang (ie Kranji-BKE towards Sembawang). I was travelling Sem towards BKE.

I am enthusiastic about informing my oncoming friends that such activity is taking place by flashing my high beam. But because i turn off at BKE, this period is very short.

Also, if i happen to see photo "sniper" ahead in my direction, i will tap the brakes to flash my break lights (while trying to maintain speed, but also bleed out some speed if travelling >10kph above posted limit).

I heard somewhere that the flashing of headlights is 'against the law' .... is this true?

i think I was "photographed". When I saw the "photographer", I glanced at my speedometer was showing about 75kmh, dunno will kenna or not. Really "suay" just before CNY gotta give ang pow to SPF.

I am using but I missed the alert somehow.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Speeders will pull more concentration when they drive while the lesuire drivers don't.

It's easy to pin point accidents due to speeding but speed limit is set too low.

Drive out of parking lot example, car on main road driving at 20km/hr (limits at 10km/hr).

The car that drove out from lot will say accident could had been prevented if the driver on main road drives at 10km/hr but did not look himself in the mirror if he would had checked properly in first place.

So blame on speeding lor.

IMO whatever speed a person is driving at, he/she should be concentrating on the road. Not doing or thinking about other things. If a driver cannot concentrate on driving because he feels the speed limit is too low, then he should be taken off the road as he is not fit to drive.

• Praise 1

Yesterday also seen a TP Volvo hiding at the Chevons, just before Pioneer road north exit at AYE towards Tuas. seen a lot of big lorries rushing to keep to the left side resulting in a lot of guys slamming on their brakes..............

hope they be more open about it , if not it may cost more harm than good.

i have no problem with them hiding or do whatever pattern they want to try catching speeding vehicles. not that i don't drive above speed limit, who never speed before, but i think it is better for them to catch them rather than for accident to happen, who knows, accidents may involve someone we know which we do not want to happen.

drive safe!

• Praise 1

Totally agree, speeding is dangerous and not conforming to the defined legal speed limit is putting themselves, drivers and other road users at risk. I feel more secure that TP is enforcing the laws than have speeding drivers on the road.

If these pple are daring to knowingly break the laws why complain when they get caught. Accept the penalty with the same gusto they had when they sped.

Anyways by the time we can see them, it's just too late. If we were speeding, we probably were already caught.

• Praise 2

Totally agree, speeding is dangerous and not conforming to the defined legal speed limit is putting themselves, drivers and other road users at risk. I feel more secure that TP is enforcing the laws than have speeding drivers on the road.

If these pple are daring to knowingly break the laws why complain when they get caught. Accept the penalty with the same gusto they had when they sped.

Anyways by the time we can see them, it's just too late. If we were speeding, we probably were already caught.

Speeding don't kills.

Reckless speeding kills.

• Praise 1

kns......the expressways are overrunned by heavy vehicles who leaves only one lane for cars and yet they take still take pictures by the roadside......nb!

They are also taking pictures of heavy vehicle speeding.

↡ Advertisement