2006 Toyota Vios Speedometer Light Kapuk

Sunset73

Dear all, Need some help over here. Anybody replaced the above before? Any idea how much it would cost and can it be DIY? Got one workshop told me need to replace the whole meter -_-

↡ Advertisement

Dear all, Need some help over here. Anybody replaced the above before? Any idea how much it would cost and can it be DIY? Got one workshop told me need to replace the whole meter -_-

Vios? It's probably a T10 bulb lah. $2 for the bulb. Workshop probably charge you $200 for the labour to take out and replace the bulb. LOL.

Just pry out the plastic surrounding your dash meter and the radio. There's a few clips. You can see from this image. There's around 11 clips (4 left, 4 right, 3 top) that holds that piece of plastic down.

IMG_1288-520x390.jpg

Once you take that off, you see two screws holding the dash meter down (black screw on white plastic). Unscrew that.

You should be able to reach the back and twist off the bulbs.

Edited by Detach8

Vios? It's probably a T10 bulb lah. $2 for the bulb. Workshop probably charge you $200 for the labour to take out and replace the bulb. LOL.

I don't know also. Thought of dismantling myself to replace the bulb.. but not sure whether it will affect the speedometer accuracy once dismantled.

I don't know also. Thought of dismantling myself to replace the bulb.. but not sure whether it will affect the speedometer accuracy once dismantled.

Won't lah not so lauya one ... arbo the car rattle here and there for 10 years the speedometer already spoilt.

Won't lah not so lauya one ... arbo the car rattle here and there for 10 years the speedometer already spoilt.

Hahaha.. Steady lah! I try to replace.. lol

Hmm the pic I post is not same as the local VIOS, but it should be quite SIMILAR lah. I suggest you see if the plastic around the radio unit can take out first or not, then you should be able to pry off the bigger piece around that goes up to the speedo.

Just pry the plastic off slowly. If you can find a plastic tool (like a putty blade) better to prevent scratches. Sometimes you can stuff a screw inbetween a piece of cloth also.

Edited by Detach8
  • Praise 1

Hmm the pic I post is not same as the local VIOS, but it should be quite SIMILAR lah. I suggest you see if the plastic around the radio unit can take out first or not, then you should be able to pry off the bigger piece around that goes up to the speedo.

Just pry the plastic off slowly. If you can find a plastic tool (like a putty blade) better to prevent scratches. Sometimes you can stuff a screw inbetween a piece of cloth also.

Thanks bro.. hope this helps.. because it looks like the FL Vios 2007- 2011. Mine is Gen 1 vios.. hahah.

I'll try to figure it out