• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
339 replies to this topic | 276 praises

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:32 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Seems like no one start a thread for this new car  [grin]

As per title, anyone test drive this car. Especially SW model, the interior look so futuristic and modern.

Finally it come with a proper 6 spd auto.

This is one of the car I shortlisted for replacement in 1yr+ time.

Any comments..

http://www.sgcarmart...p?CarCode=11662

Edited by Ragingbull, 16 February 2015 - 03:42 PM.

Kangadrool praised this

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

autotech
  • autotech
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Seems like no one start a thread for this new car

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:52 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

the 1.2 puretech turbo is supposedly 130hp which is cat b

no idea why its 129 now,either wrongly declared or...anyway is it homologated already?

if not detune from factory sure cross 130hp

this engine is very new and pretty peppy due to the 3 cylinder but noisy above 4k when pushed hard

its a good sign PSA has gone back to the drawing board and started doing own engines instead of using that prince co-developed one

from the 0-100 time, its on par with 2.0 L engines of yesteryear, those like camry / cefiro / 2.0 mondeo generation, sufficient poke for 3 in car at most, full load will be a major slouch

Baal praised this

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:18 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Pai seh....just my opinion...anything automotive that is from the Bonjour land.....I will not touch...I never own one....but heard and see enough to stay away (seen very new car surrendered on the road)......there are better option in the market to even take a look at it.....guess I'm just not brave enough...

Edited by LoverofCar, 17 February 2015 - 09:21 PM.

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:23 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

the 1.2 puretech turbo is supposedly 130hp which is cat b
no idea why its 129 now,either wrongly declared or...anyway is it homologated already?
if not detune from factory sure cross 130hp

this engine is very new and pretty peppy due to the 3 cylinder but noisy above 4k when pushed hard

its a good sign PSA has gone back to the drawing board and started doing own engines instead of using that prince co-developed one

from the 0-100 time, its on par with 2.0 L engines of yesteryear, those like camry / cefiro / 2.0 mondeo generation, sufficient poke for 3 in car at most, full load will be a major slouch

Yes. The spec look very good for the 1.2 Turbo. Especially the torque of 230Nm. Higher even than VW 1.4TSi. And the GB finally used a proper 6spd Auto.
Baal praised this

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:06 PM

Azzurro
  • Azzurro
    Clutched
    Author Image

Is this 5 or 7 seater car?

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:23 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

should be a 5 seater

the 7 seater is special order, and they already have the mpv for those, no point eating into same segment

this is on the EMP2 platform so its more lightweight than the old Platform 2

its time they cut the rubbish ETG and EGS gearbox out of the equation, u want quick shifting u have compromises like the DSG implementation, u want longevity and less problem u end up having a sluggish swapping gearbox that makes u wonder if u are zhang guolao riding his donkey

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:12 PM

Cmos196
  • Cmos196
    Clutched
    Author Image

The spec of 308SW is good especially 5.2m turning radius but  "without rear A/C".Too bad.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:40 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I had drove a rental turbo diesel 308 SW (previous model) with 6 spd manual in Germany for 1 week . Was very impress with the ride & handling. I was looking forward for this new model. The new 1.2 Turbo spec also look impressive.

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:31 AM

Kho686
  • Premium member
    Kho686
    1st Gear
    Author Image

The engine is punchy, good for city drive, but the interior is totally "cannot make it" if you take the basic version. 

Baal praised this

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:18 AM

Mjklbkldl
  • Mjklbkldl
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

French cars are not really great in terms of reliability.

Looks sexy when you first buy them, but all the issues start coming after the first year (if u r lucky)

A former French colleague told me he goes for Jap brands over his own country's brands.

Maybe its a function of French makes not acclimatized to the tropics? I will personally stay clear of French cars.

Baal praised this

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:58 PM

MelsonChua
  • MelsonChua
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Personally, I really liked the the overall feel of the new ride.

Have not test driven it yet but saw the car on the recent Motor Show.

Interior is pretty neat and engine seems quite powerful.

I would say it's a good purchase for most! 

Baal praised this

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:31 PM

Photog
  • Premium member
    Photog
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

test drove this and i must say am amazed with the 1.2 engine. great space and futuristic interior. the nice roof help with the look as well.

btw, SA told me they are holding a road show at Jem in June. Look out for their offer lo

as mentioned in this thread, french cars reliable?

Baal and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:58 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I like the space and interior/exterior design...

But non directional headlamps...

Also the cockpit, the damn steering wheel gets in the way like most reviewers complained for me. Also no electrical adjustments...

Other than that I like it... haven't test drive though.

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:27 PM

Hotnyh
  • Premium member
    Hotnyh
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Beware the AD for Peugeot... they really can be clueless troubleshooting. Everything 'we will contact France.' Worse, the only service guy I trusted left them and set up shop outside.

Not ever buying this brand again. (Had the 3008 petrol).

Edited by Hotnyh, 25 May 2015 - 12:27 PM.

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:46 PM

tanahteck
  • Premium member
    tanahteck
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Tested, happy and book peugeot 308 SW this weekend, see if I can get coe .

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:12 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

may god have mercy on your wallet, brain and heart

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:43 PM

tanahteck
  • Premium member
    tanahteck
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for your blessing, I could have brought a toy_ota altis if I wanted a decent wife. I need a mistress who can give me joy, but its comes in a package .
Tohto, Sunburnsam and Ngbernie praised this

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:42 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

mistress is long term

this more like vietnam bu at hang flower joint, quick thrill...once got baby run road 

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:26 PM

Cmos196
  • Cmos196
    Clutched
    Author Image

what's the price now? 6 bid non guaranteed?

Thanks!

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Peugeot 308 SW

Peugeot 308 SW  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Onestupidguy  |  Neutral Newbie

good engine performance for a 1.6 car!

I was considering this or a Touran. Both have small cc but good handling and bhp, but decided on the Pug due to its eccentric design and its engine. Its the same 1.6 twin scroll turbo engine in the mini cooper! i believe peugeot de-tuned the... » Read More

Peugeot 308 SW

Peugeot 308 SW  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Keltai  |  1st Gear

A good car with a price comparable to Japanese car. Good Purchase for me so far

Took delivery 2 months ago, hit 7000km and the car still feel very solid compared to my previous 5 Japanese ride. No regret buying indeed. 2 ride NS highway to KL.... Must say power and feel really feel amazing for a 1.2L ride, spacious boot... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Peugeot 308 SW

Quick Reply

Tags: peugeot, 2015 peugeot 308 sw and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users