2015 Peugeot 308SW

Tohto

Seems like no one start a thread for this new car [grin]

As per title, anyone test drive this car. Especially SW model, the interior look so futuristic and modern.

Finally it come with a proper 6 spd auto.

This is one of the car I shortlisted for replacement in 1yr+ time.

Any comments..

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11662

Edited by Ragingbull
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

the 1.2 puretech turbo is supposedly 130hp which is cat b

no idea why its 129 now,either wrongly declared or...anyway is it homologated already?

if not detune from factory sure cross 130hp

this engine is very new and pretty peppy due to the 3 cylinder but noisy above 4k when pushed hard

its a good sign PSA has gone back to the drawing board and started doing own engines instead of using that prince co-developed one

from the 0-100 time, its on par with 2.0 L engines of yesteryear, those like camry / cefiro / 2.0 mondeo generation, sufficient poke for 3 in car at most, full load will be a major slouch

• Praise 2

Pai seh....just my opinion...anything automotive that is from the Bonjour land.....I will not touch...I never own one....but heard and see enough to stay away (seen very new car surrendered on the road)......there are better option in the market to even take a look at it.....guess I'm just not brave enough...

Edited by LoverofCar

the 1.2 puretech turbo is supposedly 130hp which is cat b

no idea why its 129 now,either wrongly declared or...anyway is it homologated already?

if not detune from factory sure cross 130hp

this engine is very new and pretty peppy due to the 3 cylinder but noisy above 4k when pushed hard

its a good sign PSA has gone back to the drawing board and started doing own engines instead of using that prince co-developed one

from the 0-100 time, its on par with 2.0 L engines of yesteryear, those like camry / cefiro / 2.0 mondeo generation, sufficient poke for 3 in car at most, full load will be a major slouch

Yes. The spec look very good for the 1.2 Turbo. Especially the torque of 230Nm. Higher even than VW 1.4TSi. And the GB finally used a proper 6spd Auto.

• Praise 1

should be a 5 seater

the 7 seater is special order, and they already have the mpv for those, no point eating into same segment

this is on the EMP2 platform so its more lightweight than the old Platform 2

its time they cut the rubbish ETG and EGS gearbox out of the equation, u want quick shifting u have compromises like the DSG implementation, u want longevity and less problem u end up having a sluggish swapping gearbox that makes u wonder if u are zhang guolao riding his donkey

I had drove a rental turbo diesel 308 SW (previous model) with 6 spd manual in Germany for 1 week . Was very impress with the ride & handling. I was looking forward for this new model. The new 1.2 Turbo spec also look impressive.

French cars are not really great in terms of reliability.

Looks sexy when you first buy them, but all the issues start coming after the first year (if u r lucky)

A former French colleague told me he goes for Jap brands over his own country's brands.

Maybe its a function of French makes not acclimatized to the tropics? I will personally stay clear of French cars.

• Praise 2

Personally, I really liked the the overall feel of the new ride.

Have not test driven it yet but saw the car on the recent Motor Show.

Interior is pretty neat and engine seems quite powerful.

I would say it's a good purchase for most!

• Praise 2

test drove this and i must say am amazed with the 1.2 engine. great space and futuristic interior. the nice roof help with the look as well.

btw, SA told me they are holding a road show at Jem in June. Look out for their offer lo

as mentioned in this thread, french cars reliable?

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

I like the space and interior/exterior design...

But non directional headlamps...

Also the cockpit, the damn steering wheel gets in the way like most reviewers complained for me. Also no electrical adjustments...

Other than that I like it... haven't test drive though.

(edited)

Beware the AD for Peugeot... they really can be clueless troubleshooting. Everything 'we will contact France.' Worse, the only service guy I trusted left them and set up shop outside.

Not ever buying this brand again. (Had the 3008 petrol).

Edited by Hotnyh
  • Praise 1

Thanks for your blessing, I could have brought a toy_ota altis if I wanted a decent wife. I need a mistress who can give me joy, but its comes in a package .

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5