2015 Peugeot 308SW

Tohto

Neutral Newbie

but...really worried about peugeot reliability. See a lot of bad feedback for 3008 and 5008.

Any peugeot 308 SW owners cares to give any latest update about 308SW?

I saw the Peugeot Facebook Page from Singapore, seem like more negative feedback than positive ones.

I saw the Peugeot Facebook Page from Singapore, seem like more negative feedback than positive ones.

to be fair, most of the negative feedback were about the previous models.

the new 308 and 308sw, so far only heard 1 owner kanna tow.  this model is still rather new, only time will tell.

I shared the same concern as you before I bought the 308SW. Some considerations:

1. Do NOT expect same reliability as Jap/Korean makes.

2. Be mentally prepared to accept the car will break down sooner than a Jap/Korean. And able to cope financially as well and loss of use. This applies to most conti makes, not just Pugs. If all you want is normal servicing and worry free ownership, avoid conti - even BMW, Merz, Audi.

3. Generally unhappy owners make the most noise in forums; normal human behaviour.

4. Unlike VW well known 7DSG issue, Pug is generally wear and tear related.

5. Make sure your spouse agrees. If not, don't buy. Its not worth the trouble and causing strained relationships when the car starts giving problems.

Hope this helps.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I shared the same concern as you before I bought the 308SW. Some considerations:

1. Do NOT expect same reliability as Jap/Korean makes.

2. Be mentally prepared to accept the car will break down sooner than a Jap/Korean. And able to cope financially as well and loss of use. This applies to most conti makes, not just Pugs. If all you want is normal servicing and worry free ownership, avoid conti - even BMW, Merz, Audi.

3. Generally unhappy owners make the most noise in forums; normal human behaviour.

4. Unlike VW well known 7DSG issue, Pug is generally wear and tear related.

5. Make sure your spouse agrees. If not, don't buy. Its not worth the trouble and causing strained relationships when the car starts giving problems.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, always reserve for comments made online, positive or negative.

On paper, i really think its quite a good buy, and the interior is nice.

Am ok with wear and tear, just not major repair like those mentioned in the comments.

Turbocharged

I went thru many survey website , 9 out of 10 are very very satisfied with 308 reliability. Oh yes, all those surveys return are from the west.

As for the east, 9 out of 10 had poor reliability feedback.

Two possibility 1) not customised to east climate even after thousands of years of experience - which is still likely knowing the French 2) east people are more sharp ...and know our human right better than the west. :)

Any chance they are not apple to apple even with the same model? Also, since there a fewer spares and services will be more challenging. In my opinion, if a particular brand has an inherent problem they cannot solve, they will be out of this market long time ago.

(edited)

Any chance they are not apple to apple even with the same model? Also, since there a fewer spares and services will be more challenging. In my opinion, if a particular brand has an inherent problem they cannot solve, they will be out of this market long time ago.

Other than right/left hand drive, internal is the same globally - even the wiper, fuse box, bonnet release, the audio volume knob the lazy French didn't bother to modify for right-hand drive. Climate definitely has a big part to play. Heat is always a problem. I also think DIY culture in the west plays a part. Due to minimum wage, people in the west tend to be more hands-on to avoid expensive labour cost and so may be more knowledgeable with auto repairs and maintenance compared to the east where modern slavery is thriving.

Edited by Jango

Yeah, always reserve for comments made online, positive or negative.

On paper, i really think its quite a good buy, and the interior is nice.

Am ok with wear and tear, just not major repair like those mentioned in the comments.

The important thing is to know what you are getting yourself into before signing on the dotted line. As long as expectations are moderated..

The power delivery, ride quality and aesthetics of the 308SW is really nice, especially when you compare it against Jap/Korean makes in the same price range.

Neutral Newbie

Have owned the new 308 for more than a year, so far so good. Nothing additional ordered during the recent 20,000k servicing, and best of all, the servicing including labor were FOC under the 3 year servicing package given. Also appreciate that the servicing team doesn't hard sell. Car is quiet, smooth and powerful, especially on a 1.2L, hard to believe!

Hello Bros and Sis, just down paid a red 308sw last weekend during their event. Looking to collect the car after 8/22june. Just curious, anyone coated their ride with paint protection such as CS-II/ ceramic pro/diamond brite?

Hello Bros and Sis, just down paid a red 308sw last weekend during their event. Looking to collect the car after 8/22june. Just curious, anyone coated their ride with paint protection such as CS-II/ ceramic pro/diamond brite?

Ya, same car ride and colour as mine [;)]

I done my ride with Unique CSII titanium coating...so far so good [thumbsup]

after 3 month, the shine and glossy look is still there...

joined SGcarmart member got further discount..

drop them a msg and they will reply you with type of package and prices.

Happy motoring.. Welcome to the Lions [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Ya, same car ride and colour as mine [;)]

I done my ride with Unique CSII titanium coating...so far so good [thumbsup]

after 3 month, the shine and glossy look is still there...

joined SGcarmart member got further discount..

drop them a msg and they will reply you with type of package and prices.

Happy motoring.. Welcome to the Lions [:p]

How much for the coating and done where? Any lobang to buy car window visor? Thanks... Roar lion roar

I use New Age Polish. Been 3 months so far very happy with the results.