2015 Peugeot 308SW

Tohto

Ya, I think it will go North, since the diesel buyer will now shift to petrol version with low CO2 emissions which 308 engine meet all this requirement.

price just went up to 119,888 a few days ago!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

price just went up to 119,888 a few days ago!

It should be 108,888 if u visit them. The list price shown in the paper buey zhun one...

Today ST 308sw $108,888, 308 $99,888

yea i think because they will tell you they give you 11k discount. but list price went up to 119,888. i bought mine before the last COE at 106,888.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Has anyone replaced their start/stop battery for the 308 1.2 puretech yet? What is the cost?

Or is it still running strong for those who have had their cars more then 1 or 1.5years?

Tks!

After 1 week of driving the 308, I really have no regrets buying this car (although still hoping if only the rear passenger leg room is bigger and that will be perfect). The drive is very smooth and the power is never lacking, so much more fun to drive as compare to the previous cars that I have owned or driven for a long period before (Nissan Latio, Proton Gen2, Honda Accord, Subaru Legacy, Mitsubishi Lancer, Honda Freed and Honda Jazz). AND most importantly, the 308 is the most fuel efficiency car as compared to all those cars I have mentioned. 

Just finished my first full tank of Shell 98 today and these are the readings from the car,

PHOTO_20170407_095605.jpg PHOTO_20170407_095617.jpg

As you can see, the the needle is still not at the lowest point in the fuel gauge and I manged to refuel 43l of Shell 98 at that position. Btw, the 14.7km/l (6.8l/100) is achieved with the ECO mode on. Not sure if this is a good figure for 308 because sometimes I can be a heavy footer  [:p] . Hopefully the figure will improve as the car gets run in. Hope to hear more from fellow 308/308SW owners about their experience with their cars. Cheers and have a nice weekend.

• Praise 1

(edited)

After 1 week of driving the 308, I really have no regrets buying this car (although still hoping if only the rear passenger leg room is bigger and that will be perfect). The drive is very smooth and the power is never lacking, so much more fun to drive as compare to the previous cars that I have owned or driven for a long period before (Nissan Latio, Proton Gen2, Honda Accord, Subaru Legacy, Mitsubishi Lancer, Honda Freed and Honda Jazz). AND most importantly, the 308 is the most fuel efficiency car as compared to all those cars I have mentioned.

Just finished my first full tank of Shell 98 today and these are the readings from the car,

PHOTO_20170407_095605.jpg PHOTO_20170407_095617.jpg

As you can see, the the needle is still not at the lowest point in the fuel gauge and I manged to refuel 43l of Shell 98 at that position. Btw, the 14.7km/l (6.8l/100) is achieved with the ECO mode on. Not sure if this is a good figure for 308 because sometimes I can be a heavy footer [:p] . Hopefully the figure will improve as the car gets run in. Hope to hear more from fellow 308/308SW owners about their experience with their cars. Cheers and have a nice weekend.

Agreed , Bro !! Apart from crampy back seats, the car is perfect !! Power of the car is amazing , overtaking is a breeze!! I loves driving it !, clocked 2500KM only a month owning it . But i only managed to get about 7.0-7.2L/100km. Anyway, i cant see myself going back to Jap car (previously owned latio) Edited by Kasiao

I agree with you guys owning a french is very different from a jap or korean.

Having driven one and would be difficult to revert back.

My only gripe is indeed the backseat that is short on leg space.

Btw, the FC is almost half of mine....argh

• Praise 1

(edited)

any bro or sis tested out what the FC like without using ECO mode?

ECO mode.. is like enabling / disabling stop/start engine. 

When weather is hot, more than 34 degrees, ECO mode will be disabled automatically, to enable air con compressor working to keep car cool. 

Without ECO mode, it s still possible to achieve 7l / 100km.

Had already clocked 42,000km over 1.5 years of ownership of 308SW T9 16". No need for battery guzzling GPS and more expensive 17" tires. And, it has been going on diet of Esso 95. Only recently, it went on 2 months of Esso 98 mainly for more vouchers of Udders icecream. :) i ll revert back to Esso 95.

Happy drive.

post-94-0-74029700-1491717672_thumb.jpg

Edited by Plchoy

And, ECO mode is first thing what i would disable if i get into bumper to bumper jam. It is rudimentary at its best, and u ll feel car lurching forward once eco light goes off. That s how strong torque the little engine wonder produces. :)

i have never been a fan of the auto start stop in singapore. drain battery only. i've been driving my car for 6 days and my FC is at 8.0/100km after my first pump. for new cars i'm sure the FC will improve after about a month or so. also depends how heavy one's foot is and what conditions we drive in. i think the range of 7 to 8l /100km seems reasonable for this amazing engine.

for me i'm more curious if 98 is a lot better than 95. coz on my first tank of esso 95, i clocked 575km. looking at how some clock close to 700km with 98, but it's gonna cost at least $12 more per tank. my take is that 95 still the most economical way to go!

Based on average trip speed, you have done high proportion of non-stop travel pattern, perhaps you use stop/start frequently too.

ECO mode.. is like enabling / disabling stop/start engine. 

When weather is hot, more than 34 degrees, ECO mode will be disabled automatically, to enable air con compressor working to keep car cool. 

Without ECO mode, it s still possible to achieve 7l / 100km.

Had already clocked 42,000km over 1.5 years of ownership of 308SW T9 16". No need for battery guzzling GPS and more expensive 17" tires. And, it has been going on diet of Esso 95. Only recently, it went on 2 months of Esso 98 mainly for more vouchers of Udders icecream. :) i ll revert back to Esso 95.

Happy drive.

for me i'm more curious if 98 is a lot better than 95. coz on my first tank of esso 95, i clocked 575km. looking at how some clock close to 700km with 98, but it's gonna cost at least $12 more per tank. my take is that 95 still the most economical way to go!

From what I have read so far and based on my understanding, Peugeot recommends a minimum octane 95 petrol for 308/308SW is because it helps to prevent the possible engine knocking problem if a lower octane fuel is used. For me, choosing 98 is not because it can give me better mileage, but rather to make sure I can further prevent the engine knocking possibility by using 98. Also I am a rather heavy footer and turbo kicks in pretty often with the way I drive, and I believe 98 should be more useful in this aspect. Although it may cost me $12 more per full tank, I hope this extra can help to keep the engine strong and healthy in the long run [thumbsup] ,  

Modern engine does not knock so easily. There is the knock sensor that prevents pinging albeit at a reduced engine efficiency.

RON95 should be as good as a 98.

Driving 308 for a month. Using combination of SPC 98 and Vpower Racing(frequent travel to JB for work) . So far FC is about 7-7.2L/100km. The best i can do is about 6.8L/100km, still way behind official claim of 5.2L/100km.

My opinion 98 & Vpower Racing doesn't give me a distinct better mileage but more power definitely. And with less than S$1 per litre for Vpower Racing in JB, why not.

(edited)

Hey bro Hamburger, I think you are correct that 95 works just as good as 98 for our 308. As for me, being a bit 怕死, most likely stick with 98 for the moment [:p] . Here's a video from YouTube that explains the difference between different octane fuel pretty well and for those who are interested you can take a look. Although the presenter did mention a slightly better performance with a higher octane fuel but he still suggests using the minimum octane fuel recommend by the manufacturer,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYlk9C1o0nk

and there is also this old video showing a higher octane fuel actually does improve the performance of a car if the engine is up to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDHwCWdrtdg

Hope these videos can help to clear some doubts for other fellow 308/308SW owners regarding whether to use 95 or 98.

Edited by tlt3668
↡ Advertisement