2015 Peugeot 308SW

Tohto

I am not sure what car you are driving......but AF definitely did not handle my car the way you mentioned. One day after I collected my 308, I noticed my side view mirror was making some noise when folding in and out. Also during raining days, I noticed the wiper was not wiping the windscreen clear, leaving some very fine streak of lines (just like the effect of worn out wiper). Feedback these problems to my SE and immediately she arranged a "check up" appointment for my car. Guess what, just came back from the appointment, AF changed a new side mirror, a new set of wiper blades, polish the front windscreen and throw in a complimentary car wash for me. How's that for service? I would say NO HORSE RUN [thumbsup] .

Previously I asked about a shorter antenna for our 308, no one seems to have any knowledge about it. So finally decided to give it a try and pick up an origin short antenna from AF. Wow.... it looks so much nicer (IMO) and the reception is only slightly not as perfect as the original long antenna. For those who are interested, it will cost you $20 plus dollars (lost my receipt). Here's how it looks like,

My side mirror also making noise since day one, think it's time for me to go for a change.

↡ Advertisement

Just to clarify. Not those soft motor turning sound, that's normal.......mine is those squeaky sound when the mirror fold in and out.

Yup, mine is also squeaky sound. My SE informed me that the sound will go away after a few weeks when i collect my car. But already 1 months plus , sound still there.

Aiyo bro Matrix20xx, you only see the photo and never read my posting properly :dizzy: .....

According to the staff, this antenna is originally meant for 807 (as seen in the picture below) but quite a number of 308 owners have already bought from him. Not only that, he even mentioned some BMW owners also came over to buy this short antenna.

Peug807(3)_794_529_70.jpg

oops pai sei. heehee

I am not sure what car you are driving......but AF definitely did not handle my car the way you mentioned. One day after I collected my 308, I noticed my side view mirror was making some noise when folding in and out. Also during raining days, I noticed the wiper was not wiping the windscreen clear, leaving some very fine streak of lines (just like the effect of worn out wiper). Feedback these problems to my SE and immediately she arranged a "check up" appointment for my car. Guess what, just came back from the appointment, AF changed a new side mirror, a new set of wiper blades, polish the front windscreen and throw in a complimentary car wash for me. How's that for service? I would say NO HORSE RUN  [thumbsup] .

Previously I asked about a shorter antenna for our 308, no one seems to have any knowledge about it. So finally decided to give it a try and pick up an origin short antenna from AF. Wow.... it looks so much nicer (IMO) and the reception is only slightly not as perfect as the original long antenna. For those who are interested, it will cost you $20 plus dollars (lost my receipt). Here's how it looks like,

Hi, may i check. did you have to pay for the mirror and wiper blades?

agree on the brake dust. but i dont wash my car regularly. what will happen to the rims?

short antenna looks much better. will change it the next time i go AF.

my SE told me 95 is enough, but 98 will be better!

agree on the brake dust. but i dont wash my car regularly. what will happen to the rims?

short antenna looks much better. will change it the next time i go AF.

my SE told me 95 is enough, but 98 will be better!

If brake dust is left on the rims for too long, with the combination of water and air, it will etched into the rims and form rust, causing a permanent damage to the rims.

As for 95 or 98, I have seen feedback from other makes of car, 95 seems to give better mileage and 98 tends to give more power. I have just finished my second tank of 98 today, topped up with 95 to try if it really gives better mileage. 

If brake dust is left on the rims for too long, with the combination of water and air, it will etched into the rims and form rust, causing a permanent damage to the rims.

As for 95 or 98, I have seen feedback from other makes of car, 95 seems to give better mileage and 98 tends to give more power. I have just finished my second tank of 98 today, topped up with 95 to try if it really gives better mileage.

better mileage really depends much on road condition. Recently, traffic jam seems like becoming a common sight. My FC also getting higher (7.8L/100km).

I believe using the higher octane is to prevent engine knocking. For me it meant less problem for the engine in the long run.

I bought my short antenna from Aliexpress. Same as bro 3668 mentioned, reception only slightly affected only in MSCP.

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7689173443.html?orderId=75416434033794&productId=32416835392

Received a new pair of wipers from Aliexpress yesterday and fitted on this morning. Just like original but need to wait for rain to check out the quality. If it can last for 1 yr I'm happy.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wiper-blades-for-Peugeot-308-SW-Estate-from-2014-onwards-fit-push-button-wiper-arms-only/32791515862.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.lT4hxR

Not when you drive off the next morning.... Rust does corrode metallic part but that itself takes years if not decade to effect.

Not when you drive off the next morning.... Rust does corrode metallic part but that itself takes years if not decade to effect.

I am not too sure about that.....personally I have handled many of such dirty rims (especially from BMW and for those who uses performance brakes like Brembo), sad to say it does not need years for the metallic dust to etched into the rims. I have seen thousands dollars rims destroyed by brake dust. Anyway it is always better be safe than sorry.

example of brake dust etching on a BMW rim,

post-186592-0-72345900-1492481611.jpg

Hey bro Jango, thanks for the links.

Edited by tlt3668

I am not too sure about that.....personally I have handled many of such dirty rims (especially from BMW and for those who uses performance brakes like Brembo), sad to say it does not need years for the metallic dust to etched into the rims. I have seen thousands dollars rims destroyed by brake dust. Anyway it is always better be safe than sorry.

Bro, is there any coating or solution to help rather than washing every week ?

PPS do offer rim coating solutions. Can go explore. Still have to wash, but maybe protect from corrosion.

But let's say u buy a new ride and don't like the stock rims, go ahead and let the dust settle, 5yrs later change rims LOL

↡ Advertisement