2015 Peugeot 308SW

Tohto

My is full spec Allure with 3M solar film. Got it at relatively high COE.

does yours come with free front video cam too?

wonder what brand and good to use or not?

↡ Advertisement

hi all, is there any good active Peugeot forum to join?

just got my 308sw today.. still feeling excited :grin:

Congratulations and welcome to the world of Peugeot.

You can join club peugeot singapore in facebook and request to join a close WhatsApp discussion group.

(edited)

Pug 308sw is indeed a beautiful car.

Though there is still a bit of 3 cylinder VHN that comes with it.

A little tight on rear bench but front seats are supportive and comfy.

The small steering wheel is a joy to grap.

Edited by Hamburger

Turbocharged

Pug 308sw is indeed a beautiful car.

Though there is still a bit of 3 cylinder VHN that comes with it.

A little tight on rear bench but front seats are supportive and comfy.

The small steering wheel is a joy to grap.

I actually thought the 3-cyl PureTech was quite well refined. Smooth, spins up quickly, and quiet in low cruise... yet with a fierce rorty growl when redlined

I actually thought the 3-cyl PureTech was quite well refined. Smooth, spins up quickly, and quiet in low cruise... yet with a fierce rorty growl when redlined

the test drive unit is indeed what you described. But somehow the new car delivered less so.

Will monitor and see if it improves during run in.

Turbocharged

the test drive unit is indeed what you described. But somehow the new car delivered less so.

Ah, you took delivery of a 308SW?

Do report back after a thousand or so klicks, maybe it needs to be stretched first.

(edited)

Ah, you took delivery of a 308SW?

Do report back after a thousand or so klicks, maybe it needs to be stretched first.

Not mine but my bro. Better inform SA during 1st service. Edited by Hamburger

I played my new babe since yesterday, and realise the nav sat not friendly user.

dunno how to key in house number? haiz... :TT_TT:

and also realised our spore batch of 308 do not come with the dynamic sport mode with red dial dashboard and the groommy v8 sound..

:TT_TT:  :TT_TT:

but overall, still very fun to drive. :grin:

Turbocharged

I played my new babe since yesterday, and realise the nav sat not friendly user.

dunno how to key in house number? haiz... :TT_TT:

and also realised our spore batch of 308 do not come with the dynamic sport mode with red dial dashboard and the groommy v8 sound..

:TT_TT:  :TT_TT:

but overall, still very fun to drive. :grin:

The GPS software is a bit sluggish as well, I think there is a post code option somewhere.

And you're right, our S'pore batch lacks the dynamic sport mode. The V8 sound you're talking about is a synthetic sound enhancer... I have that with my 2.0L EcoBoost. Depends on whether you like it or not.

For me, the bigger issue is that ours don't come with the color LCD instrument screen... we get a monochrome one with less functionality. It would have been nice to have the sports mode though, since you can see the power output!

The GPS software is a bit sluggish as well, I think there is a post code option somewhere.

And you're right, our S'pore batch lacks the dynamic sport mode. The V8 sound you're talking about is a synthetic sound enhancer... I have that with my 2.0L EcoBoost. Depends on whether you like it or not.

For me, the bigger issue is that ours don't come with the color LCD instrument screen... we get a monochrome one with less functionality. It would have been nice to have the sports mode though, since you can see the power output!

oh yes...I watched too much foreign video of Peugeot 308 and also keep thinking we should have that dynamic showing the power bar in red fierce colour background..lol

After 500 km, the engine now idles more smoothly and the harshness that was felt at the 50k mark is gone.

hello! newbie here. test drove the 308sw yday and likes it ALOT ALOT ALOT.

but wondering if it's worth buying.

You have already said alot alot alot... Still not worth buying?
  • Praise 1

You have already said alot alot alot... Still not worth buying?

because it's continental, only driven japanese cars before.

also concern about maintenance, parts, reliability.

Turbocharged

hello! newbie here. test drove the 308sw yday and likes it ALOT ALOT ALOT.

but wondering if it's worth buying.

Very worth the money. Its pricetag is highly competitive and you get some very upmarket conti technology like all-around parking sensors with automatic parking, Blind Spot Monitoring, 8-inch touchscreen with GPS, tyre pressure monitoring, full-LED lighting, stability and traction control, etc.

Toyota Corolla price is not so far away yet you get barely anything.

because it's continental, only driven japanese cars before.

also concern about maintenance, parts, reliability.

That is also true. Peugeot has a long and rather black record in SG. In Europe however this current generation of 308SW has earned a top-spot in reliability customer surveys. Peugeot also states their PureTech engine lineup has been designed for maximum reliability.

Parts will definitely be difficult to find due to the rarity of this car on our roads - you will likely be at the mercy of AUTOFRANCE. Most people would be concerned about the electronics. Gearbox is from Aisin, so I wouldn't worry about that.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1