2015 Peugeot 308SW

Tohto

Seems like no one start a thread for this new car  [grin]

As per title, anyone test drive this car. Especially SW model, the interior look so futuristic and modern.

Finally it come with a proper 6 spd auto.

This is one of the car I shortlisted for replacement in 1yr+ time.

Any comments..

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11662

Hi TS, it's been a year. Did you buy this car?

↡ Advertisement

Hi TS, it's been a year. Did you buy this car?

No. The rear space was too small for me.

No. The rear space was too small for me.

which rear space too small?

the boot cabin or passenger seat?

I personally feel it alright or even better than most make.

Rear seat is indeed smaller than norm.

Looks at note and you know what I mean.

I think it's way bigger than my previous i30 a lot...lol

anyway, most of my friend feel the seat is alright and comfortable, abit like air pump seat ,very full and soft/hard..

I seated before Honda City, and it is like my home old sofa, soft and bouncy.

anyway, it is imho only.

Turbocharged

The 308 and 308SW both compromise rear passenger space for boot capacity.

Although rear legroom is acceptable and maybe even "good" for Asians, long legged individuals may feel a bit cramped.

This is because the rear seats are farther forwards than most other similar cars, which also gives it a enormous boot, compared to rivals.

Another downer for 308 practicality is the blocked glovebox and the small armrest compartment. And rear passengers also don't get rear air-con vents.

I seated before Honda City, and it is like my home old sofa, soft and bouncy.

Honda City... I also sat in the showroom one once. The legroom is amazingly huge, but the headroom... no good.

do agree slightly on the glovebox

its slightly smaller than the one on my old c4, the electronic fusebox inside there seems bigger

likewise for the armrest, lol

but if u are not the kind that treats the car like mobile wardrobe still not so bad...but so many 308 lady owners also

likewise for the armrest, lol

but if u are not the kind that treats the car like mobile wardrobe still not so bad...but so many 308 lady owners also

I actually give up the centre cup holder to make room for my storage.

lift up the cup holder and there is ample space for my key pouch and handphone.

looking to buy the 308 17" which i test drove today together with vw golf. significantly more fun and the roof is beautiful.

quoted price is 101900 before trade in. with free solar film, front camera. real tempted to buy straight away

only hesitation is the poor rep of past models and servicing... though it looks like their new models have greatly improved reliability, guess it's still too early to tell.

anyone encountered problems with the new 308? will the glass roof cause the car to burn up in the day? 

roadshow in vivo starting next week :)

• Praise 1

looking to buy the 308 17" which i test drove today together with vw golf. significantly more fun and the roof is beautiful.

quoted price is 101900 before trade in. with free solar film, front camera. real tempted to buy straight away

only hesitation is the poor rep of past models and servicing... though it looks like their new models have greatly improved reliability, guess it's still too early to tell.

anyone encountered problems with the new 308? will the glass roof cause the car to burn up in the day?

roadshow in vivo starting next week :)

I was quoted 101900 for 16". So I would say go for it if you were quoted 101900 for 17".

Hi 

I own 307SW for near 10 year from Auto France (AF)

Auto France parts supply is OK. They give discount to car owner. I am satisfied with it. Once my car catch fire need to replace all fuel pipe from fuel tank to engine. They help me to order at reasonable price. Original parts price is similar to Japanese car.

Unless you buy "copy" parts. I would prefer to buy part from AF (especially oil filter, air filter...) then bring it to other work shop to install

My problem is to find an reliable work shop. I believe that my car fire was due to poor workmanship from 3rd party work shop

Auto France repair cost was high. But I didn't use it for many years. May be they already improve.

Very worth the money. Its pricetag is highly competitive and you get some very upmarket conti technology like all-around parking sensors with automatic parking, Blind Spot Monitoring, 8-inch touchscreen with GPS, tyre pressure monitoring, full-LED lighting, stability and traction control, etc.
Toyota Corolla price is not so far away yet you get barely anything.

That is also true. Peugeot has a long and rather black record in SG. In Europe however this current generation of 308SW has earned a top-spot in reliability customer surveys. Peugeot also states their PureTech engine lineup has been designed for maximum reliability.

Parts will definitely be difficult to find due to the rarity of this car on our roads - you will likely be at the mercy of AUTOFRANCE. Most people would be concerned about the electronics. Gearbox is from Aisin, so I wouldn't worry about that.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

I am not a race, imo it corner ok and overtake better than my previous focus. Engine noiseless. Will update more once after I run in more mileage

Hi Tanah, need your advice. I m thinking of buying the latest version of Peugeot 308. I understand you own one.

Could you let me know how is the car? Any problem with ? Reliable car so far? Anything I should be concerned about?

Thanks so much. Dan

Neutral Newbie

Hi Tanah, need your advice. I m thinking of buying the latest version of Peugeot 308. I understand you own one.

Could you let me know how is the car? Any problem with ? Reliable car so far? Anything I should be concerned about?

Thanks so much. Dan

Hi hi, any comments with existing owners of latest 308 are most welcome on its reliability and built quality. Thx so much

Thanks so much. Dan

You can read my review in 308SW.

It's a good car, value for money, been 8 months without problem. Unlike my previous ride. 

• Praise 1

Hi

Am impress with the current version of 308.

By the way anyone knows the difference between the 308 16" and 17"? The price is $4k difference

↡ Advertisement