Another food scare

Donut

It's possible if you don't eat Chinese cooking.

OK for those paranoid ones.

Frozen peeled shrimp is usually either from China or Vietnam. I usually just pick the Vietnam one lol. Commercially most of the peeled shrimp come from China. Even in USA. I was reading an article about this.

Vietnamese Shrimp comes with extras... 

I wonder where those huge prawn in the $25 prand noodle comes from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thysNHDol2w

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 4

haha see the more u know the less u want to eat liao right.

Hmm china vs vietnam, now dunno what to eat liao.

peeled cooked shrimp is just too convenient.

maybe we need to gather a few, rent a boat and go catch shrimps liao. One time catch and freeze them up, I think can store for 6 months.  [:p]  [laugh]

Meanwhile I have been buying those peeled raw shrimps frozen package from SS, the package label "product of Indonesia".  ^_^

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1

Looks like Ang Mo also selling tainted meat !  [sweatdrop]

RIO DE JANEIRO — Federal agents raided the operations of Brazil’s largest food companies on Friday over accusations that their employees oversaw a scheme that included bribing inspectors to allow rotten meals to be served in public schools and salmonella-contaminated meat to be exported to Europe.

The investigation by Brazil’s Federal Police, an agency similar to the F.B.I., deals yet another blow to the country’s business establishment, which is struggling to recover from colossal graft scandals around Petrobras, the national oil company, and Odebrecht, a huge construction company.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/world/americas/brazil-food-companies-bribe-scandal-salmonella.html?_r=0

• Praise 5

It's possible if you don't eat Chinese cooking.

OK for those paranoid ones.

Frozen peeled shrimp is usually either from China or Vietnam. I usually just pick the Vietnam one lol. Commercially most of the peeled shrimp come from China. Even in USA. I was reading an article about this.

the one i buy from NTUC says from Indo.. about $14.60 for 800g... i use it to feed my fishes and stingrays.

http://www.fairprice.com.sg/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10051&categoryId=13698&productId=194801&errorViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&langId=-1&top_category=13505&parent_category_rn=13522&storeId=10001

Edited by Galantspeedz

KNN, I am going to start a all-in-1 farm. become farmer and farm own food liao. So who wants to join me?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Although NTUC FairPrice had earlier said it imports poultry from two suppliers investigated by the Brazilian authorities, none of the affected establishments which packed the meat exported its tainted products to Singapore. The two holding companies under investigation are BRF, which owns the Sadia and Perdigao brands, and JBS, owner of Big Frango and Swift brands.

In an update on Friday evening, NTUC FairPrice said it has been working closely with its suppliers and the authorities since news of the incident. "FairPrice only carries meat products from AVA accredited sources, which are assessed based on high food safety standards. Our suppliers have also provided assurance that their products are safe for consumption and subject to strict quality requirements. We continue to monitor this matter closely."

NTUC takes assurance from the same suppliers who are currently under investigation?

Can you ppl don't be so NAIVE Please !

U mean the prawns, crabs, Cuttle-fishes and fishes from the 5 Oceans says : Hei, we came from China, Jepun, Korea and Vietnam ?

Those water creatures merely swim under water and thy don't have a destination, merely kenna caught by fishermen who does the magic in slaughtering and packaging . . . & the real culprit is pretty obvious !! [:p]

KNN, I am going to start a all-in-1 farm. become farmer and farm own food liao. So who wants to join me?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Bro Tianmo, 

not to worry, if nobody want to, I will volunteer okie   :a-good:

:a-SOS:

• Praise 1

KNN, I am going to start a all-in-1 farm. become farmer and farm own food liao. So who wants to join me? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

"Chicken" n "duck" farm?

Play fowl

• Praise 4

Can you ppl don't be so NAIVE Please !

U mean the prawns, crabs, Cuttle-fishes and fishes from the 5 Oceans says : Hei, we came from China, Jepun, Korea and Vietnam ?

Those water creatures merely swim under water and thy don't have a destination, merely kenna caught by fishermen who does the magic in slaughtering and packaging . . . & the real culprit is pretty obvious !! [:p]

Bro Tianmo, 

not to worry, if nobody want to, I will volunteer okie   :a-good:

:a-SOS:

[thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]