Kenyan marathon runner collapses, crawls to finish in Texas

Ender

Truly inspirational. Can crawled to 3rd place.

https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/news/kenyan-marathon-runner-collapses-crawls-finish-texas-212059802--spt.html

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- A marathon runner is being hailed for her grit and determination after she collapsed while running a Texas marathon and crawled the final 300 yards to finish in third place.

Twenty-nine-year-old Hyvon Ngetich (en-geh-TICH) of Kenya had broken from the women's pack during Sunday's Austin Marathon and was leading late in the race. Race director John Conley says Ngetich began to stagger with about 600 yards to go and later fell.

A medical team monitored her as she crawled toward the finish with thousands of spectators cheering her on. At one point she was offered a wheelchair but declined.

She finished in third place in the women's division with a time of 3:04:03.

Conley says Ngetich acknowledged she didn't eat enough prior to the race.

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

want to praise but system deny me.

true grit this runner.

but at the same time I see many NSmen who just are not fit at all trying to finish the 2.4 or other station.

child's play compared to the marathon.

these guys also show "true grit" to try to avoid RT.. LOL

but many others just give up.. simply too unfit or bordering on cardiac arrest..

• Praise 1

want to praise but system deny me.

true grit this runner.

but at the same time I see many NSmen who just are not fit at all trying to finish the 2.4 or other station.

child's play compared to the marathon.

these guys also show "true grit" to try to avoid RT.. LOL

but many others just give up.. simply too unfit or bordering on cardiac arrest..

You are comparing marathon runner to NSmen? Ppl professional runner, their age to perform got limit. Somemore she's only 29. NSmen LL have to serve until 40yo or more.

• Praise 5

You are comparing marathon runner to NSmen? Ppl professional runner, their age to perform got limit. Somemore she's only 29. NSmen LL have to serve until 40yo or more.

yes.. NSmen are not full time athletes. but each NSman is performing with all they can give. which is to me also true grit for those that give a lot of heart. everyday heroes..

just that these guys don't get any respect.

• Praise 4

the message is that we must never ever give up.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2