Changing cabin lights from halogen to led

Advancer

Anyone can recommend me a place to change my altis cabin lighting to led bulbs?
Preferably philips one as they seems more reliable.
Or where can I buy my own to change if it's not too difficult?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

DIY lah. If you go to a shop they will charge at ridiculous price.

Buy from local Qoo10. Use a test pen and pry out the lamp covers, pull out the light bulb and see what type of connection.

Search Youtube to see if anyone has done the same car as yours. Japanese cars should be easy.

• Praise 1

DIY lah. If you go to a shop they will charge at ridiculous price.

Buy from local Qoo10. Use a test pen and pry out the lamp covers, pull out the light bulb and see what type of connection.

Search Youtube to see if anyone has done the same car as yours. Japanese cars should be easy.

Just to advise not to short the connection - i made that mistake before and blew a fuse with disastrous results till the fuse was replaced.

Use a non-conductor to pry. (I now use a plastic pry tool for cars)

• Praise 2

Just to advise not to short the connection - i made that mistake before and blew a fuse with disastrous results till the fuse was replaced.

Use a non-conductor to pry. (I now use a plastic pry tool for cars)

Is it costly to replace the fuse? Surprised that such low power bulb can cause a shorted fuse.

Is it costly to replace the fuse? Surprised that such low power bulb can cause a shorted fuse.

there should be a couple of spare fuses in the fuse box. but pulling out a spare to put into the blown fuse could be troublesome. The WS did it for me foc.

its because my metal screwdriver shorted the connection. so please use an ice cream stick or something to pry out the bulb. Very easy to do.

the LED replacement should cost at most a few dollars at DX or qoo10

OT a bit, cabin lights likely not 'Halogen'. Just tungsten.

If you cabin lights is halogen, you confirm will sweat in the car.

• Praise 1

Cabin lights such as the passenger map light and dome light is not a difficult task. Like the other replies earlier, you may use things like ice-cream sticks or plastic pens to pry festoon bulbs. The other more common bulb is the T10 / wedge bulb where you just pull it out. Google them and select images, lots of example.

In the event that you blow any fuse, just search the car manual to find the location, changing it is easy. Good to have some replacement fuses in your car. It might come in handy some day and save you a lot of money by DIY.

• Praise 2

Anyone got any recommendation where to change now. Looking for Philips led. Also I shipping in a new tail lamp. Anyone got any contact workshop to perform the change.

↡ Advertisement