Malaysia: Batu Pahat - Anything to do?

Boringchap

Anything to do in Batu Pahat?

We will likely be going there in June for a church camp held at one of the hotels.  Will probably have some free time to explore the sights (if any).

Suggestions would be very helpful.  Thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Quite boring place. That may suit you from your sig [laugh]

Food not that good.

Sea temple about 10km from center but if you are on church camp then ....

Edited by Neutrino
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

We will likely be going there in June for a church camp held at one of the hotels. Will probably have some free time to explore the sights (if any).

Suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks.

R u staying @ Hotel Katerina ?

Did a drive- thru in this town & lunched at Daddy Village Nonya Restaurant .......surprisingly good. Still thinking of a reason to go there just for this. It also sells the peanut that Batu Pahat is known for.

@TameDriver bro, any recommendations for the nyonya dishes there ? I see their website menu like just fried rice and western food ?

Fish head curry is pretty good! 

We will likely be going there in June for a church camp held at one of the hotels.  Will probably have some free time to explore the sights (if any).

Suggestions would be very helpful.  Thanks.

If you have time, go explore the pasar pagi (morning market) and look-see the nearby old buildings that have been turned into birds' nest farms. The famous chendol shop is also a short walk away: https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Restaurant_Review-g670113-d4316801-Reviews-Akbar_Cendol-Batu_Pahat_Batu_Pahat_District_Johor.html

@TameDriver bro, any recommendations for the nyonya dishes there ? I see their website menu like just fried rice and western food ?

Nonya restaurant sure to have many dishes.

If not sure what's nice, just order one of every dish lor.

Then what did you order leh ?

Can't recall but actually I'm no fan of Nonya food but if I find it good, then it must be good lor....

Anyway, SGD is stronger now, just point at whatever catches your fancy on the menu.

Don't mind paying more for good Nonya food, hope it's not standard zhi char style.

j

Definitely not Zhi char type; got standard one. If my fussy friends find nothing to complain, then it's ok.

• Praise 1

吃斋的。。。

Tian Teck Vegetarian Food 

No. 32 Jalan Fatimah

83000 Batu Pahat

The vegetarian burger is better than any meat burger. Your kids will love it.

• Praise 3

Some years back, I drove all the way to try the Batu Pahat Water Theme Park as a Saturday day trip as read some reviews. Surprised car park was quite empty. Parked the car and managed to look into one of the pools through the fence.

Saw it pool was greenish and thought could be reflection of sun or something else.....on closer look, it looked more like poor maintenance had caused the water to turn greenish [grin] . There were still a few people in pool and wanted to try out green water as its quite natural like rivers. But wife insisted we turn back and as our kids were quite young then, probably a much better decision .

Disclaimer...this was maybe about 5 years ago so hopefully its better now.  

• Praise 2

(edited)

Where? On which street? Is this a real photo or artist illusion? Looks so deserted.

Some of their existing malls already so quiet and deserted. Still wanna build more?

Anyone tried this new place in BP ? Anything interesting ?

7434126_orig.jpg

Edited by Kangadrool

Why old street got Subway ? What so old about it haha ?

Its the name of the building. Its relatively new but quite vacant. Other than some small eateries like, a restaurant and a rooftop gym can't see anything worth visiting.

• Praise 1