3rd Generation Volkswagen Touran

Carbon82

I don't think Touran has that auto tilt feature. In fact, only very few high end models sold in sg would have that, ie e-class, a6 and the like.

Yes... it is supposed to have. That is used when you have an empty road and have high beam on all the time. It will tilt downwards when detecting oncoming traffic.

However, on the NS expressway, there are quite a number of cars. I used it a couple of times to warn trucks that I was coming behind them, but was concerned that it affected oncoming traffic... so I stopped using it.

↡ Advertisement

I thought there is leh. At least for the comfortline version here which comes equipped as standard with an upgraded most high-end headlights from the basic LED headlight. The trendline however comes with the basic halogen light.

Sorry, you are right. I was confused with the more advanced technology with 'selective tilt' like the Audi matrix lights or Merc ILS. Touran should have basic auto tilt, the way you describe.

Sorry, you are right. I was confused with the more advanced technology with 'selective tilt' like the Audi matrix lights or Merc ILS. Touran should have basic auto tilt, the way you describe.

This should be the one that is equipped in Touran comfortline.

post-171796-0-89598500-1473311884_thumb.png

This should be the one that is equipped in Touran comfortline.

Thanks for digging this up, yokechye. Obviously, I was misinformed. Anyways, it's pretty good news that my future ride comes better equipped than I thought! :)

Thanks for digging this up, yokechye. Obviously, I was misinformed. Anyways, it's pretty good news that my future ride comes better equipped than I thought! :)

So u got a Touran too?

October, they told me now. Which means delivery will be than initially expected. ð¤

Cool! What was your color of choice? Mine still ETA Oct. Hopefully won't have any delays

Cool! What was your color of choice? Mine still ETA Oct. Hopefully won't have any delays

Sorry i meant EARLIER than initially expected!

Color choice is Caribbean blue.

• Praise 1

While the engine throttle response does feel like a sports car, the steering most definitely does not... that was what I meant, and extra care should be taken.

There is another interesting feature I noticed. Once when the column of cars in front suddenly slowed down, my car came closer than I liked to the front car. The  dash displayed a symbol showing 2 cars front to back with a line in between. I was curious and tried to get the symbol to display again. Whenever you get to within 2-3 car lengths or so behind the front car (depending on your speed), the symbol will reappear. I think that is the front collision detection system working. However, the symbol is quite small, and an audio warning would have been been more useful.

Edited by Taneks

While the engine throttle response does feel like a sports car, the steering most definitely does not... that was what I meant, and extra care should be taken.

There is another interesting feature I noticed. Once when the column of cars in front suddenly slowed down, my car came closer than I liked to the front car. The dash displayed a symbol showing 2 cars front to back with a line in between. I was curious and tried to get the symbol to display again. Whenever you get to within 2-3 car lengths or so behind the front car (depending on your speed), the symbol will reappear. I think that is the front collision detection system working. However, the symbol is quite small, and an audio warning would have been been more useful.

Should be the front assist with city emergency braking? Does urs brake by itself?

post-171796-0-94520000-1473469984_thumb.jpg

Edited by yokechye

Am back in Singapore after my 1248km road trip to ipoh and back. To add to my earlier post:

Petrol consumption overall 7.78l/100km. I measured this based on measuring 2x topups totalling 68 l  over 874km (tripped). The dashboard showed 7.7l./100km, which is pretty accurate. Driving was 98% highway, with a couple of traffic jams, including sitting in a car park with aircon on for 30 mins. Lowest average meter reading was 7.1l/100km.

Regarding Steering. Handling was improved after I switched from normal to sport.  It was stiffer and more stable in sports mode. I used the individual setting with everything in normal, except for steering in sport mode. In this mode, steering was predictable and the Touran was rock stable at high speeds.

It was raining at night quite heavily when I drove on the coastal road to Tuas checkpoint from a seafood restaurant in JB. Stretches of road did not have street lamps on. The high beam came in very useful here, and lit up the road very nicely, giving plenty of reaction time.

Conclusion is that the Touran is a very comfortable (and capable) drive for malaysian highways.... next is to test it on windy roads like Cameron or Fraser. 

Am back in Singapore after my 1248km road trip to ipoh and back. To add to my earlier post:

Petrol consumption overall 7.78l/100km. I measured this based on measuring 2x topups totalling 68 l over 874km (tripped). The dashboard showed 7.7l./100km, which is pretty accurate. Driving was 98% highway, with a couple of traffic jams, including sitting in a car park with aircon on for 30 mins. Lowest average meter reading was 7.1l/100km.

Regarding Steering. Handling was improved after I switched from normal to sport. It was stiffer and more stable in sports mode. I used the individual setting with everything in normal, except for steering in sport mode. In this mode, steering was predictable and the Touran was rock stable at high speeds.

It was raining at night quite heavily when I drove on the coastal road to Tuas checkpoint from a seafood restaurant in JB. Stretches of road did not have street lamps on. The high beam came in very useful here, and lit up the road very nicely, giving plenty of reaction time.

Conclusion is that the Touran is a very comfortable (and capable) drive for malaysian highways.... next is to test it on windy roads like Cameron or Fraser.

Thanks for the update and tip! Does the oil temp goes up high when idling for too long? I understand from a service guy saying better not let engine run for too long while idling as Touran's oil temp generally runs at higher temp. Not sure abt it though.

My SE told me on Saturday that mine will arrive in mid Oct and delivery sometime end Oct. Finally!

Turbocharged

Errrr bro, VW sorted their gb issue??? Their specs not bad, but their gb.... errrr.... was actually eyeing the touran.... but.... I buy car to drive not park in workshop. [rolleyes]

Errrr bro, VW sorted their gb issue??? Their specs not bad, but their gb.... errrr.... was actually eyeing the touran.... but.... I buy car to drive not park in workshop. [rolleyes]

So far after the change of synthetic to mineral oil, there say lesser issue. There are also other dual clutch GB out there and the way drives also affects the longevity of it. Must change our driving pattern of we are used to driving a traditional auto GB.

Well, CVT also has its own issues. So, just get what makes you feel good and enjoy the ride.

Edited by yokechye
  • Praise 1

Mine is silver one. Was told coming in a few days.

BTW, anyone interested in the roof box?

Seems like it will cause quite a bit of drag leh especially if wanna travel on NSH.
↡ Advertisement