3rd Generation Volkswagen Touran

Carbon82

Thanks!

Yes, am aware that Trendline doesn't have driving mode selection. But given that the mechanicals are the same across Trendline and Comfortline, thought the mechanics can program stiffer steering even though user cannot select option.

Oh ic. Not sure leh. Can check with a service guy see if he knows better.
↡ Advertisement

Just realised something error. Should be between 50-90degrees before I start driving off. Always think of half of 90 when the middle is halfway to 90ð

Thanks. I will try that. But usually I am always in a rush to go!

Good, I like everything about it. No longer do I have to struggle to get out of the car like those low sedans (I have a weak back). The whole family loves it, especially the kids in the 3rd row.

My only complain is the temporary Auto engine off function. There are times I wish for it to be engaged (long traffic light wait) but it does not. There are time I wish it won't (zebra crossing) and yet it does. I hope it has a button for me to choose when to engage and when not to.

Good, I like everything about it. No longer do I have to struggle to get out of the car like those low sedans (I have a weak back). The whole family loves it, especially the kids in the 3rd row.

My only complain is the temporary Auto engine off function. There are times I wish for it to be engaged (long traffic light wait) but it does not. There are time I wish it won't (zebra crossing) and yet it does. I hope it has a button for me to choose when to engage and when not to.

The start stop button is beside the driving mode button below the aircon knob isn't it?
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

U mean the auto hold function?

No, I mean the "Start Stop" function. I know I can switch it off. I want to keep it on to save some petrol when waiting at a traffic light. Its just that it sometimes function, sometimes not.

On another subject, can anyone recommend suitable car seat covers? I often go play sports and sit in the car with sweaty shirt. My kids also love to step on the seat. That is why I need seat covers.

Edited by echang104

No, I mean the "Start Stop" function. I know I can switch it off. I want to keep it on to save some petrol when waiting at a traffic light. Its just that it sometimes function, sometimes not.

On another subject, can anyone recommend suitable car seat covers? I often go play sports and sit in the car with sweaty shirt. My kids also love to step on the seat. That is why I need seat covers.

I realised that the start stop will only work if the aircon and engine temperature is at "optimum" level.

For the seat cover can try Taobao. Saw quite a lot in there

can explain how to make aircon and engine temperature is at "optimum" level? Thanks

Start stop won't activate when you just start driving. After running the engine on the road a while at longer distance, and when the aircon in the car is cold enough depending on the temperature you set, the start stop will activate. When it activates and your car internal temp gets too hot the engine will start again. That's what I notice. The car handbook also mentioned the few circumstances whereby start stop gets active.

Start stop won't activate when you just start driving. After running the engine on the road a while at longer distance, and when the aircon in the car is cold enough depending on the temperature you set, the start stop will activate. When it activates and your car internal temp gets too hot the engine will start again. That's what I notice. The car handbook also mentioned the few circumstances whereby start stop gets active.

Thanks so much. Guilty of not reading through the handbook!