3rd Generation Volkswagen Touran

Carbon82

Gam sia gam sia!

Nowadays ppl do not post the link also. If cannot see the pics here at least still can go to the source of the link to see. Let me do a better job,

http://www.worldcarfans.com/115022489415/2015-volkswagen-touran-unveiled-with-increased-proportions

5259510101478749424.jpg

3850793411623213050.jpg

Sharan

http://www.worldcarfans.com/115021889051/volkswagen-sharan-facelift-officially-revealed-with-overhauled

481953032003605869.jpg

7819899371831262663.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Talk about surcharge, breaking it down = xtra tax 5k.

Just like alcohol tax, petrol tax, guess ADs will take this chance to slap on further . So price increase instead of 5k, become 8k....

So when theres cev rebate, AD eat as profit. When theres carbon surcharge, they rob while its on fire.

• Praise 2

I read today newspaper that Volvo S60 T5 (2.0T) even can got CEVS rebate, how come 1.2TSI don't have

The T5 engines will likely get a 5k surcharge once the new rules kick in.

T5 only 139g/km, then altis 151g/km how much surcharge?

my bad. Didn't realise that they produce so little CO2 for a 2.0L turbo engine.

Quite amazing considering say the 1.8 passat produces 148.

Lol my accord is like 181.

But i remember reading some T5s will be affected adversely. Maybe the XC90 then.

Edited by Lala81

Without doubt the Sharan look better, but it interior look dated, and the size is neither here nor there, imo.

Don't get me wrong, I like it, just that it is time for a major refresh, just like the Touran.

Sharan looks small .... until you park it side by side with an Estima or wish

Then you would realize it's similar to the full size mpvs

😄

Edited by Enye

Sharan I believe is categorized large MPV. Estima and Wish are more like mid-size MPV. Probably Ford Galaxy is more comparable to Sharan - are they on the same platform ?

Estima is a large mpv lah

Sharan is the same as the Alhambra which is not available in sg unfortunately

ford is not under the VW group so definitely not the same platform

Hahaha...ok take it as just me alone. To me, some cars just look the same generation after generation. To name some, Touran, Estima, Volvo S80..

Anyway, no more mpv for me. I have passed that stage, next car will likely be a sedan or suv.

I used to wash my Touran almost every week, for 2 years and 8 months. No panels are the same. The new one is so much better.

Estima is a large mpv lah

Sharan is the same as the Alhambra which is not available in sg unfortunately

ford is not under the VW group so definitely not the same platform

Just to add, only the 1st generation Sharan, Alhambra & Galaxy sit on the same platform, thus the similarity in overall shape and look.

Ford_Galaxy_-_first_generation.jpg

Seat_Alhambra_Facelift_20090706_front.JP

VW_Sharan_Pacific_(2004)_front.JPG

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 4

Looks quite nice, especially in white with some of those trims. Just a pity about the reliability concerns, hope VW can sort it out and rebuild some confidence.

Edited by Docomospur
  • Praise 1

The issue with the VW DSG Gearbox should have been resolved. They have introduced the improved MU, mineral transmission oil and the 3rd edition clutch pack on their 7 speed DSG transmission. My Passat have been subjected to all these fixes and she have proven reliable for years.

With this beautiful 3rd generation Touran, I am certain VW would garner more interest and buyers from the MPV market. I know of several Touran owners who are "dying" to see the new Touran III on the road and would jump ship once they are !

Good job VW !

• Praise 3

i wish i can second to you ..i would rather adopt a wait and see stance .... its not something that we can change as and when we like it.

Good job VW ? Let's wait and see

(edited)

Buy real manual one, if you know how to self-import.

As long as it's AMT, sure have "problems". Even Toyota Yaris shod with AMT in UK market are having lots of bad reviews and reliability problems.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Looks better than the previous 2 generation... Reliability concerns is still a bummer for Vdub.

Has the DSG issues been resolved?

nevermind, they would like to provide lifetime DSG warranty,

you can abuse the DSG whatever you want :D

↡ Advertisement