3rd Generation Volkswagen Touran

Carbon82

Is there any reason why people looking at compact 7-seater MPVs don't seem to be considering the Ford Grand C-Max?

It has plenty of bells and whistles to rival both the Touran and 216d (Collision avoidance, Adaptive cruise control, Park assist, Electric Tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof, Integrated sunshades, etc), and even a couple of rare features such as sliding rear doors and stowaway middle seat in second row to create an access corridor for the third row. Best part is that the price is lower than both of these models at under $130k. I can only nitpick the lack of electric memory seats and usage of fabric for the seats instead of leather.

Not trying to sell the Grand C-Max but I'm currently seriously deciding between these few options and any advice would be much appreciated.

For me, I never consider C-Max is becos ford is a niche brand in SG
↡ Advertisement

For me, I don't like the aesthetics of the Ford Grand C-Max, both internal and external.

Ford is also not a popular make in Singapore which will affect the resale value.

Driving dynamics is also not on par with 216d.

Fuel consumption is also high for many Ford cars.

The pricing of Ford C-Max is def more wallet friendly and falls in the region of the Citroen Grand Picasso.

I think we are spoilt for choices for midsize MPV. Every car has its strength, depends on what you value more.

Is there any reason why people looking at compact 7-seater MPVs don't seem to be considering the Ford Grand C-Max?

It has plenty of bells and whistles to rival both the Touran and 216d (Collision avoidance, Adaptive cruise control, Park assist, Electric Tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof, Integrated sunshades, etc), and even a couple of rare features such as sliding rear doors and stowaway middle seat in second row to create an access corridor for the third row. Best part is that the price is lower than both of these models at under $130k. I can only nitpick the lack of electric memory seats and usage of fabric for the seats instead of leather.

Not trying to sell the Grand C-Max but I'm currently seriously deciding between these few options and any advice would be much appreciated.

(edited)

I wonder if the gearbox will have the same problem as many other VW cars.

Standard answer is that they fixed it since many years ago. Hehe Edited by Rayoflight

Standard answer is that they fixed it since many years ago. Hehe

I just found out from my colleague here 3yo golf started juddering during drive off recently

the juddering is the same thing with traditional manual when you didn't release the clutch biting point to the required point or when there's insufficient gas. All it takes is adjusting your left leg or right leg pressure to the optimal point. This robot obviously has no artificial intelligence.

I just found out from my colleague here 3yo golf started juddering during drive off recently

its the norm.

dont be too Very Worried.

Apparently, the touran and Golf 7 has a new transmission, the DQ200 OCW vs the old DQ200 OAM. Anybody know the difference between the two? Is the problem really resolved with the OCW or is it just hype?

Supercharged

Apparently, the touran and Golf 7 has a new transmission, the DQ200 OCW vs the old DQ200 OAM. Anybody know the difference between the two? Is the problem really resolved with the OCW or is it just hype?

Golf 7 (2013-) already has folks in SG reporting MU failures since maybe 2014.

• Praise 1

Soft launch tonight. The one in pic is the "premium" version with larger rim, full LED lights, panoramic sunroof, 6.5" screen, control on steering wheel and a few others feature. The base version (Trendline) is rather bare.

• Praise 7

Turbocharged

Wah , mostly youngsters .

They rather be seen by the roadside waiting for tow truck , than to be seen driving a Teana or Camry .

• Praise 3
  • Dislike 1