Sudden death due to cardiac arrest

Ender

[laugh]  [laugh]  Ya lah, worried. My running habit is to run fast, so worry,

Since no diagnose heart problem yet, so I won't be taking aspirin everyday.  But I will be carrying 3X 100mg tablet for every run.  

The one I bought specifically mentioned for heart attack and stroke. Don't know if any different from the more expensive one for pain relief.

Bro, you serious?!!!  :huh:  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

yesterday early morning I went to NTU sports hall for a slow run, after a slow 3km jog, I did a few rounds of 60m sprint touch floor and sprint back, by the 4th round I was not able to finish liao, and fifth round i was on 4s on the track, feeling like going to die.

I was alone, and I mean the whole place was empty with me the only early soul there. KNN if I had knocked off and passed out there, guess you all can come my place for curry chicken liao. :wacko:[:p][laugh]

Haha... used to run at ntu on sundays. Can run on blue jogging track, or have stadium track all to myself. Sometimes would imagine i'm some elite athlete, run up the hill from steps next to the pool, or do weird stuff like beep test to see how i fare against prem footballers (reached level 10 on the track)... Ahh... To be old and stupid :p Edited by Karoon
  • Praise 1

Last year, one of my arteries was completely blocked and need to put in a stent.  

I have gone through cardiac rehab and have been exercising regularly - 4~5km runs thrice weekly on treadmill at ~8km/h, doing weights and swimming once a week.

In fact, before the heart attack, I only swam once a week and but now I have lost some weight and feel that I am much fitter.  I am even thinking of participating in one of those runs - 10km is my target. 

Hearing these bad news really worries me and unfortunately, I can't take aspirin as it causes swelling. 

• Praise 3

Haha... used to run at ntu on sundays. Can run on blue jogging track, or have stadium track all to myself. Sometimes would imagine i'm some elite athlete, run up the hill from steps next to the pool, or do weird stuff like beep test to see how i fare against prem footballers (reached level 10 on the track)... Ahh... To be old and stupid :p

I run on the stadium track, sometimes run until abit scare, so empty and quiet, like I bao the whole place. Die also nobody knows.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Death today at a triathlon event.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/42-year-old-competitor-dies-after-singapore-international-9202662

Last year, one of my arteries was completely blocked and need to put in a stent.  

I have gone through cardiac rehab and have been exercising regularly - 4~5km runs thrice weekly on treadmill at ~8km/h, doing weights and swimming once a week.

In fact, before the heart attack, I only swam once a week and but now I have lost some weight and feel that I am much fitter.  I am even thinking of participating in one of those runs - 10km is my target. 

Hearing these bad news really worries me and unfortunately, I can't take aspirin as it causes swelling. 

aren't you on clopidogrel? If so, there's no need for the loading dose for aspirin.

Those are for people who are preparing for a possible catherisation or stenting for the first time.

If you carry asprin should it be the enteric coated type or the soluble type?

And should you crunch them when you really need them?

I posted the link before

https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/aspirin-for-heart-attack-chew-or-swallow

In emergency, preferably non-enteric coated. And chew them into pieces and swallow. You would want it to get into the blood system asap.

But the ones i bought are enteric coated. But better than not none. Just have to chew it as much as possible.

Edited by Ender

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/42-year-old-competitor-dies-after-singapore-international-9202662

aren't you on clopidogrel? If so, there's no need for the loading dose for aspirin.

Those are for people who are preparing for a possible catherisation or stenting for the first time.

Went to google for more details, found the ST's report. It happened on the swimming leg, which should be the first event, i.e early into race. So unlikely to be fatigue. The article also mentioned a previous death from the same race, also the swimming event.

7th month, don't play in the waters, old folks wisdom.

http://www.straitstimes.com/sport/triathlon-man-dies-while-competing-at-the-singapore-international-triathlon

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 2

taking both clopidogrel and ticagrelor

Local journalist, only 39 years old, heart attack. NOn sports related though. Probably no symptom before. But morning had breathing difficulty and chest pain

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/former-channel-newsasia-journalist-safhras-khan-dies-aged-39-9203076?cid=fbcna

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/yahoo-news-singapore-journalist-safhras-khan-39-dies-100847464.html

Edited by Ender

Actually multiple people in Sg drop dead everyday, only some make the news.

wah, everyday someone is getting a heart attack arh!! 

just wondering, if having the exact symptoms as the journalist, i.e. breathing difficulty and chest pain, is it immediately pop the aspirin and go see doctor is the right move?

Edited by Ender

wah, everyday someone is getting a heart attack arh!!

just wondering, if having the exact symptoms as the journalist, i.e. breathing difficulty and chest pain, is it immediately pop the aspirin and go see doctor is the right move?

If your suspicion is high.

Compressing chest pain associated with cold sweating or nausea or breathlessness.

Get medical attention immediately.

Actually not much the gp can do except maybe diagnose the difference between a possible major vs minor heart attack and possibly give u aspirin and medicine to reduce the discomfort. Then he/she will also call for ambulance

• Praise 2

must be stress related, irregular meal, irregular rest, etc.

I also have discomfort chest lately, duno is heart or muscle [laugh]

Better be safe than sorry bro.. go see doc immediately n have ecg to confirm..

must be stress related, irregular meal, irregular rest, etc.

I also have discomfort chest lately, duno is heart or muscle [laugh]

Or gastric reflux.
↡ Advertisement