Pioneer HD DVB-T2 Digital TV Tuner

Hyundai8818

Signal is bad usually especially underground tunnel..

Tunnel sure no signal,

Even tall surrounding building also affect the signal

But DVB-T2 signal should get better when fully rollout

Biggest joke is sengkang and Punggol, zero

Dunno why they take so long to roll out in these place

Need to tock to my new elected MP soon

Going to ask him why like that hah ....:)

↡ Advertisement

Hi Guys...

I am also interested...

Which shop do you guys go to purchase and install?

Any shop around north of Singapore that you guys can recommend?

Hi Guys...

I am also interested...

Which shop do you guys go to purchase and install?

Any shop around north of Singapore that you guys can recommend?

PM you. thanks

Yesterday siam KJE bcos of traffic jam on my way home

Decide to go via Jalan Bahar

Pass by Kranji Cemetry , the DVB T2 signal damn good man !

WTF, dead better then living (Sengkang, Punggol)

haha,

Maybe our ancestors also need good reception for telecommunication lor :)

• Praise 1

I saw a digital TV tuner on eBay. It's much cheaper. Connection would be using the red, white and yellow cables. Power will be from cigarette lighter. I wonder if this will work with the head unit. Had anybody tried before?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=301644948333&alt=web

hi you try already?

can any advise me.. i already have two head rest disc player but cannot watch digital tv.. am i right to say that i just need to buy a tv tunner and i can watch digital tv? what bro Biting mentioned seems to be the thing i need right? i am not expert in this and need advise. looking for DIY and using power from cigar lighter will be best.. dont want to get installer from shop to do as they need to dismantle some parts.

hi you try already?

can any advise me.. i already have two head rest disc player but cannot watch digital tv.. am i right to say that i just need to buy a tv tunner and i can watch digital tv? what bro Biting mentioned seems to be the thing i need right? i am not expert in this and need advise. looking for DIY and using power from cigar lighter will be best.. dont want to get installer from shop to do as they need to dismantle some parts.

Yes, u need a dvb t2 device if u want to add the tv function to ur in car entertainment functions.

For the 1 that bro Biting advises, you can buy and check it out and let us know. But from what i saw, there's some shortage of items to complete the whole package (Correct me if im wrong).

imo, if u ala carte and purchase other missing items, chances of mismatched items failing to operate/communicate/work with each other is higher and u waste money/time/effort. Unless u're really sure that they can interoperate, otherwise i dont recommend ala carte as warranty might also be an issue and the total price of ala carte might be the same as bundled set price [thumbsdown]

For those lighter cigarette players, like i said u can try.... but the possibility/frequency of the fuse of the lighter socket to trip/blow would be higher as u'll also be charging either 1 of the items like ur hp/gps/car camera/car alarm remote etc at the same time. [drivingcar]

Tapping of the 12v and grounding wire is very common for most dvb t2 players and the 2 wires are part of the wiring package connected to ur hu. If diy-ing is ur forte, all u need to do is to google on the steps and procedures for taking out of the plastic panels and identifying which are the cables, use some small cutter to expose abit of the wiring, bundle all necessary wiring together and black tap + cable tie to ensure maximum contact for power supply/earthing. [scholar]

If tapping of 12v and ground wire for both the set and antenna is a no-no for you, then it might be abit of challenge to look for lighter socket players but nonetheless, happy hunting. [wave]

**Last but not lease, u can purchase proprietary solutions like pioneer's dvb t2 which is more costly, recognised brand from any reputable shop and leave the dirty job to them.** [laugh][laugh]

Cheers,

J

Edited by Acegem84

hi you try already?

Get those proven TV tuners like Pioneer or the cheap version from Joe here $130, some more he give 6 mths warranty leh

You might find cheap one on ebay and even more cheaper one on Taobao, but then you don't know if it will works well in SG and no warranty

I also just purchase 2 Headrest Monitors with DVD function from taobao

Going JB to install this weekend, already check out, RM130 to install both headrest

Last trip, install the cheap and good Joe version TV tuner at RM70 :)

Your headrest DVD monitors have cig type power supply right, ,mine also have, but I find it ugly to have the cable hanging around

I already have too many cables leow, GPS, HP, Car cam etc.....

So for the headrest monitors, I would suggest to tap the car 12v cable and the installer should do proper grounding for you

also, need to connect the 3 RCA cables from the TV tuner into your headrest inputs.

But normal, the outputs should comes from your HeadUnit if you have those DVD type

You input TV tuner into Headunit and then from Headunit output to headrest, ceiling monitors etc..

Some HeadUnit support multiple outputs

If not, you will need to get a video splister unit to share the output since you have 2 headrest monitors

Given so much to be done, let the installer do a good job lor, a lot of things to take out and most important is to hide the cables nicely

Happy installation :)

Anyone knownhow to get Appradiolive to work?

I tried connecting my hp to yhe usb port but screen said not compatible....need to use hdml cable to get it to work? Anyone can recommend which workshop to help install the HDML cable?

Get those proven TV tuners like Pioneer or the cheap version from Joe here $130, some more he give 6 mths warranty leh

You might find cheap one on ebay and even more cheaper one on Taobao, but then you don't know if it will works well in SG and no warranty

I also just purchase 2 Headrest Monitors with DVD function from taobao

Going JB to install this weekend, already check out, RM130 to install both headrest

Last trip, install the cheap and good Joe version TV tuner at RM70 :)

Your headrest DVD monitors have cig type power supply right, ,mine also have, but I find it ugly to have the cable hanging around

I already have too many cables leow, GPS, HP, Car cam etc.....

So for the headrest monitors, I would suggest to tap the car 12v cable and the installer should do proper grounding for you

also, need to connect the 3 RCA cables from the TV tuner into your headrest inputs.

But normal, the outputs should comes from your HeadUnit if you have those DVD type

You input TV tuner into Headunit and then from Headunit output to headrest, ceiling monitors etc..

Some HeadUnit support multiple outputs

If not, you will need to get a video splister unit to share the output since you have 2 headrest monitors

Given so much to be done, let the installer do a good job lor, a lot of things to take out and most important is to hide the cables nicely

Happy installation :)

any good place in Singapore to recommend to buy and install tv tuner to my head rest unit?

Hi, can i know where is the cheapest place to buy and install this tuner? I found one at $350.

last time I called Nam huat jurong branch, the lady on the phone offer me $330 for the Pioneer TV tuner including installation

You may want to check it out

Some accessories do carry other brands, but I did not check it out

Normally they will throw in the installation as well,

TV tuner installation not a very complex job unless Conti cars, Jap, korea, easy as there are a lot of space to hide the unit

Normally 1 hr job can leow

Good luck

Anyone knownhow to get Appradiolive to work?

I tried connecting my hp to yhe usb port but screen said not compatible....need to use hdml cable to get it to work? Anyone can recommend which workshop to help install the HDML cable?

Yes you need to connect the HDMI cable. You need to have the iPhone HDMI / Lightning adapter.

The Appradio app installed on your iPhone. You can then control the apps on the HU screen.

Tried it but don't like it. Only limited apps. Waze is one of them.

see this video

• Praise 1

Thanks. I have one installed in my car for about a year already. When I first installed, most areas except Kallang/Geylang could receive. Now, I can't even maintain a smooth signal through Tampines to Redhill. Don't know what is the brand also.. Haiz..

Thanks. I have one installed in my car for about a year already. When I first installed, most areas except Kallang/Geylang could receive. Now, I can't even maintain a smooth signal through Tampines to Redhill. Don't know what is the brand also.. Haiz..

is your DVB-T2 ?

I suspect yours is the T1 version

DVB-T2 signal should get better and better as they roll out.

I got one older t1 model previously from Digistream(close shop leow), the signal getting less and less although it is still working

That's why need I replace it with a DVB-T2 version, in those area when MDA roll out DVB-T2 already the signal is very good, sengkang and punggol still have not

Which I dun understand why, I go JB can receive even in Tebrau City :(

I suspect is the tv tuner from the good old days, dvb t2 no matter wat how chui, kallang and geylang should be able to received. If nt is antenna placement.

U might wanna try to readjust the antenna for best reception, to ur liking. [bounce2]

I saw a digital TV tuner on eBay. It's much cheaper. Connection would be using the red, white and yellow cables. Power will be from cigarette lighter. I wonder if this will work with the head unit. Had anybody tried before?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=301644948333&alt=web

similar one?

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/2015-NEW-CHIPSET-MSD7T01-HD-DVB/425687059

↡ Advertisement