MR16DDT engine (Clio RS, Juke turbo, Sylphy SSS)

Columbian78

I know this is a weird topic but I really just wanna reach out to people who have this engine so as to share info.

Please feel free to comment if you are knowledgeable on this topic.

I am starting this topic for the MR16DDT engine, known as the 1.6 DIG-T engine in Nissan cars.

It is a turbo charged direct injection 1618cc engine.

So far, in local context I only know 3 car models use it. Please share if you know more.

- Renault Clio RS (200HP, 240nm?)

- Nissan Juke Turbo (187HP, 240nm)

- Nissan Sylphy SSS (187HP, 240nm)

I am driving a SSS. The Sylphy threads are very inactive and there does not seem to be any fellow SSS drivers around.

I am going for 10k servicing soon. Had been using Tan Chong's mineral oil at 1k, 5k servicing and wanna use syn oil for next servicing as engine should have break-in now and starting on 10k intervals next.

Tan Chong has their own in-house brand syn oil. I am thinking of bringing my own oil but not sure which type to use. Can anyone share what oil they had used for this engine? Should i get xW30 or xW40 oil? I don't go to the tracks at all.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I know this is a weird topic but I really just wanna reach out to people who have this engine so as to share info.

Please feel free to comment if you are knowledgeable on this topic.

I am starting this topic for the MR16DDT engine, known as the 1.6 DIG-T engine in Nissan cars.

It is a turbo charged direct injection 1618cc engine.

So far, in local context I only know 3 car models use it. Please share if you know more.

- Renault Clio RS (200HP, 240nm?)

- Nissan Juke Turbo (187HP, 240nm)

- Nissan Sylphy SSS (187HP, 240nm)

I am driving a SSS. The Sylphy threads are very inactive and there does not seem to be any fellow SSS drivers around.

I am going for 10k servicing soon. Had been using Tan Chong's mineral oil at 1k, 5k servicing and wanna use syn oil for next servicing as engine should have break-in now and starting on 10k intervals next.

Tan Chong has their own in-house brand syn oil. I am thinking of bringing my own oil but not sure which type to use. Can anyone share what oil they had used for this engine? Should i get xW30 or xW40 oil? I don't go to the tracks at all.

why don't use Tan Chong in-house oil? tot use your own oil they void you warranty,

BTW, 5W40 is the best for turbo engine

• Praise 3

Previously, tan chong in-house brands were fastflow and shogun, not sure still the same or not.

Not good.

Been driving latio for 8 years. After trying many brands including common and not so common ones, my conclusion is Castrol Edge is the best for latio engine, smoother, last longer and good FC. You may want to try it on your sylphy.

Last time they allowed me to bring own oil but have not went back to them for very long liao.

• Praise 1

I don't think using own engine oil will void warranty.

So many do that at ADs.

I don't mind using their oil but wanna find out more from other users.

why don't use Tan Chong in-house oil? tot use your own oil they void you warranty,

BTW, 5W40 is the best for turbo engine

I was also using Castrol edge on my jazz for a few rounds. It was pretty good.

I thought of using it again on my sylphy.

I am actually thinking of paying abit more and try Motul. Not sure if overkill.

Previously, tan chong in-house brands were fastflow and shogun, not sure still the same or not.

Not good.

Been driving latio for 8 years. After trying many brands including common and not so common ones, my conclusion is Castrol Edge is the best for latio engine, smoother, last longer and good FC. You may want to try it on your sylphy.

Last time they allowed me to bring own oil but have not went back to them for very long liao.

Can use W40, light pressure turbo no issue. Mine 1.2 bar also has been using W40 rating for 7 years liao.

1.2 bar still light pressure meh?

1.2 bar still light pressure meh?

ie, if 1.2 bar using W40, so LPT can also safely use W40 rating for the MR16DDT. My TD04 still spooling healthily maybe now 1.1.

I don't even know how many bars my TC is, anyone knows? (Sylphy sss).

Anyone knows what is the weight of the Fasflo syn oil Tan Chong is using?

Twincharged

I don't even know how many bars my TC is, anyone knows? (Sylphy sss).

Anyone knows what is the weight of the Fasflo syn oil Tan Chong is using?

I think should be 5w-40,but their "ShotGun" oil are easter based 5w-30.

• Praise 1

What is the FC for Sylphy 1.6 SSS Turbo? Would think that it would be very high! Very low take-up rate in Singapore.

If you want performance,why worry it's FC,just enjoy the boost will do...anyway,1.6 Turbo,the most it use is 10km/L...

What is the FC for Sylphy 1.6 SSS Turbo? Would think that it would be very high! Very low take-up rate in Singapore.

I had been using app to log so can share some stats here.

Data log per full tank fill up. Lifetime avg is about 11km/l. Driving pattern is 50/50, normal foot weight.

Low take up rate in sg is because for the price can get next higher grade jap 2.0 sedans. Teana and Mazda 6 are both cheaper, why buy a sylphy for more money? It is not a bad car though.

As for other countries, I only seen Australia and possibly Thailand launched this year. Australian reviews are pretty negative. Thailand had some demo but not sure started selling.

My turbo car is boosting 1.9 - 2 bar.

550bhp.

I am using 0W40 or 10W40 oil for daily driving.

Motul15W50 if I am going to NSHW.

Don't believe into the hype that thicker oil is always better.

Most of the wear and tear occurs during initial starting of the engine, thicker oil will mean it takes much longer to warm up and get to operating temperature.

Edited by Zippaboy
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1