Filing income tax

Bluepica

Do we need to declare each and every dividend received from stocks?

Some indicated as "LESS TAX" , other don't know what Qualifying individual, beneficiary..... layman term can or not? [:|]

↡ Advertisement

Reits are the troublesome ones...

Distribution of income may not be tax free...

No leh, all Singapore REITs are mostly tax-free. Non tax-free ones are already taxed at source, so my understanding is anything that's paid through CDP is tax free, no need to declare anymore.

By the way, I have already received my tax assessment, using the "Request for early assessment" option.

Initially I thought the revision of income tax instalments would also start earlier, resulting in savings in monthly payment, due to the 50% tax rebate given.

In the end, the current instalment plan still runs at the same amount until May, and the new deduction amount starts in June. No difference! [furious]

No leh, all Singapore REITs are mostly tax-free. Non tax-free ones are already taxed at source, so my understanding is anything that's paid through CDP is tax free, no need to declare anymore.

By the way, I have already received my tax assessment, using the "Request for early assessment" option.

Initially I thought the revision of income tax instalments would also start earlier, resulting in savings in monthly payment, due to the 50% tax rebate given.

In the end, the current instalment plan still runs at the same amount until May, and the new deduction amount starts in June. No difference! [furious]

Hmmm somehow the reits i have, some distributions are tax-exempt, some say FY201x taxable ....

Starhill, Ascott both have.

Hmmm somehow the reits i have, some distributions are tax-exempt, some say FY201x taxable ....

Starhill, Ascott both have.

Prior to this, all taxable CDP dividends were already auto-included. I wouldn't be bothered if I were you. Let IRAS come and chase.

I didn't even bother to read my CDP statement on my annual dividend received. [grin]

Can't seem to cut and paste woth my phone. Check the link I posted. It mentions that reits are tax exempt.

I got the monthly statement from brokerage also confusing... Some written as tax exempt then some written as taxable but what what if u r beneficiary or qualifying personal.... Cheemz siah

I got the monthly statement from brokerage also confusing... Some written as tax exempt then some written as taxable but what what if u r beneficiary or qualifying personal.... Cheemz siah

I only get tax exempt and taxable. So i always thought i need to include them.

Dividends that are not taxable

Generally, the following dividends are not taxable:

• Dividends paid on or after 1 Jan 2008 by a Singapore company.
  • Foreign dividends received in Singapore on or after 1 Jan 2004 by resident individuals.

If these are received in Singapore by any individual resident in Singapore through a partnership in Singapore, the dividends may be exempt from Singapore tax if certain conditions are met. For details, please refer to the IRAS Tax Guide on “Tax Exemption for Foreign-Sourced Income”(130 KB).

• Income distribution from real estate investment trusts (REITs). However, this excludes distributions derived by individuals through a partnership in Singapore or from the carrying on of a trade, business or profession in REITs.

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/page04.aspx?id=146

Turbocharged

Be careful when buying into REITS. Keppel Land developed several office buildings and later divested by selling to its reit arm at a big profit because of the rise in property price. The reit then distributes it to the public and charges a management fee LOL. Very good business model there by spreading to the lay people.

Be careful when buying into REITS. Keppel Land developed several office buildings and later divested by selling to its reit arm at a big profit because of the rise in property price. The reit then distributes it to the public and charges a management fee LOL. Very good business model there by spreading to the lay people.

Thanks.

Nice way to add more zeroes to the financial report [laugh]

Capitaland, SPH all sama sama also...

Edited by Lala81

Turbocharged

Thanks.

Nice way to add more zeroes to the financial report [laugh]

Capitaland, SPH all sama sama also...

That's how they operate. I will never put my money there and be a carrot sorry 😂

Really though the cap rates for Singapore commercial properties are quite miserable.

That's how they operate. I will never put my money there and be a carrot sorry 😂

Really though the cap rates for Singapore commercial properties are quite miserable.

I only park some money in these SGX dividend stocks to match inflation. So it's just the usual suspects.

Bought Starhill and Ascott purely as diversification though I was loathe to own any stock that was too closely linked to the property price rise in the '08 to '13 period.

Staying out of the other REITs.

Small timer lol.

I didn't know our commerical building capitalisation rates locally were low. The denominator is disproportionately higher than the numerator?

Turbocharged

I didn't know our commerical building capitalisation rates locally were low. The denominator is disproportionately higher than the numerator?

Yes. From the big picture, the property price has risen too much and the improvement in economy (if any at all) couldn't match - I'm basing on the assumption that improved economy generally leads to increase in rent due to more demand

depends rah... u take those 30-60yr LH cap rates much higher... those FH type only got GLCs to makan

• Praise 1