• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

Plusplus
  • Premium member
    Plusplus
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This is my 1st time buying a PI car and choosing a pioneer HU to install. What I need is a HU with GPS function and can work with iphone(preferably with andriod too). Hope the experts can help.

From what I have read from pioneer website and this forum, it seems that only 8650 has GPS module. What does this mean? Just upgrade firmware? Free?

Other forumers have also suggestion to use the phone navigation function. Does all the model support this?

Somehow I find that 8650 is an overkill as I'm not really into audio systems. Just listen to radio and MP3.

Sorry for this noob question. I'm still lost and couldn't find explanation to my queries. Thanks a lot in advance.

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I was looking for a HU with GPS too. In the end, I installed a RoadKing Navi add-on module to my existing pioneer 4250DVD.

Roadking uses Papago software, and has 3 maps:

1) MFM -  2-in-1 Singapore n Msia map, free monthly update via malfreemaps website

2) SLA map (Singapore only)

3) Thailand map

installed at Wee Heng

Not too bad. Very happy with the convenience of a HU with GPS.

Other options will cost $$$$.

I wasn't able to find much info on roadnavi on the internet. It's a small SG company, making the hardware, packaged with licensed papago software.

I had exchanged some communication with papago agent (M3asia) in SG (before they closed sg office) and in KL too.

KL office recently sent me updates for the SLA and THA maps after I requested for them,

Maroon5 praised this

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:22 AM

Eug1388
  • Premium member
    Eug1388
    5th Gear
    Author Image

JohnSHL, how much did u pay for it?? Tks.

I was looking for a HU with GPS too. In the end, I installed a RoadKing Navi add-on module to my existing pioneer 4250DVD.

Roadking uses Papago software, and has 3 maps:

1) MFM -  2-in-1 Singapore n Msia map, free monthly update via malfreemaps website

2) SLA map (Singapore only)

3) Thailand map

installed at Wee Heng

Not too bad. Very happy with the convenience of a HU with GPS.

Other options will cost $$$$.

I wasn't able to find much info on roadnavi on the internet. It's a small SG company, making the hardware, packaged with licensed papago software.

I had exchanged some communication with papago agent (M3asia) in SG (before they closed sg office) and in KL too.

KL office recently sent me updates for the SLA and THA maps after I requested for them,

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:25 AM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    6th Gear
    Author Image

JohnSHL, how much did u pay for it?? Tks.

it was for an old model HU so I got a special discount. Paid around $300 iirc.

newer model HU need a different plug/connector, so the price may vary.

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

Plusplus
  • Premium member
    Plusplus
    Clutched
    Author Image

it was for an old model HU so I got a special discount. Paid around $300 iirc.

newer model HU need a different plug/connector, so the price may vary.

Looks like getting a separate GPS is way cheaper.

Edited by Plusplus, 15 March 2015 - 01:45 PM.

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:54 PM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Looks like getting a separate GPS is way cheaper.

yes of course...

but not for a HU with integrated GPS.

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:21 PM

Leelk
  • Premium member
    Leelk
    1st Gear
    Author Image

This is my 1st time buying a PI car and choosing a pioneer HU to install. What I need is a HU with GPS function and can work with iphone(preferably with andriod too). Hope the experts can help.

From what I have read from pioneer website and this forum, it seems that only 8650 has GPS module. What does this mean? Just upgrade firmware? Free?

Other forumers have also suggestion to use the phone navigation function. Does all the model support this?

Somehow I find that 8650 is an overkill as I'm not really into audio systems. Just listen to radio and MP3.

Sorry for this noob question. I'm still lost and couldn't find explanation to my queries. Thanks a lot in advance.

Where did you see 8650 got GPS? If you are referring to AVH-8650BT, as far as I know, it doesn't have built in GPS. It support GPS through extra module, though.

Most HU works with both Android and iPhone. It depends on the meaning of "works". For instance, you should be able to play music over the Bluetooth connection to most Bluetooth supported HU.

Having said that, 8650 has the advantage over other models in the sense that it supports Apple CarPlay. Pioneer will tell you officially Apple Carplay is not supported here, but you can download the firmware from pioneer.com.au and it works. See discussion here:

http://www.mycarforu...94-avh-x8650bt/

For your information AVH-8750bt is already available. There was a thread here discussion about AVH-8750bt also but, strangely, seems to have been removed.

If you do not need high end systems and not a techie people that fancy Carplay or Android Auto, you should save money and use it for GPS.

JohnSHL and JohnSHL praised this

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:55 PM

Plusplus
  • Premium member
    Plusplus
    Clutched
    Author Image

Where did you see 8650 got GPS? If you are referring to AVH-8650BT, as far as I know, it doesn't have built in GPS. It support GPS through extra module, though.

Most HU works with both Android and iPhone. It depends on the meaning of "works". For instance, you should be able to play music over the Bluetooth connection to most Bluetooth supported HU.

Having said that, 8650 has the advantage over other models in the sense that it supports Apple CarPlay. Pioneer will tell you officially Apple Carplay is not supported here, but you can download the firmware from pioneer.com.au and it works. See discussion here:
http://www.mycarforu...94-avh-x8650bt/

For your information AVH-8750bt is already available. There was a thread here discussion about AVH-8750bt also but, strangely, seems to have been removed.

If you do not need high end systems and not a techie people that fancy Carplay or Android Auto, you should save money and use it for GPS.

I do mean GPS module for 8650. But the module is too costly. Not exactly sure how to "add" the module and how to update the map.

The problem I have now is there are a few cables running over the dashboard area. 1 to charge the GPS. 1 for video camera. Once in a while will have phone cable to charge phone when low batt. Hoping to do away with some of them.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:43 PM

TheRoadUser
  • TheRoadUser
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Anyone has any idea if Pioneer AVH-X5750BT has GPS Navigator or can it support?

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

Andyngps
  • Premium member
    Andyngps
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Mine is 1650 and got gps function. It is an added module. Easier to use than Garmin imho.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:58 PM

Hobbes187
  • Premium member
    Hobbes187
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Anyone has any idea if Pioneer AVH-X5750BT has GPS Navigator or can it support?

Yes. Mine is 5750bt and my AD installed gps and reverse camera with it. Gps software is papago using SLA map. Think need to install separate gps module.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:49 AM

TheRoadUser
  • TheRoadUser
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Yes. Mine is 5750bt and my AD installed gps and reverse camera with it. Gps software is papago using SLA map. Think need to install separate gps module.

Thanks!

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:12 PM

Plusplus
  • Premium member
    Plusplus
    Clutched
    Author Image

Mine is 1650 and got gps function. It is an added module. Easier to use than Garmin imho.

Did u pay for the GPS module or was it given free? How much is that?

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:31 PM

Andyngps
  • Premium member
    Andyngps
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Did u pay for the GPS module or was it given free? How much is that?

It was given free bro hence I am not too sure how much but i reckon around $100 to $150?

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:46 AM

Plusplus
  • Premium member
    Plusplus
    Clutched
    Author Image

It was given free bro hence I am not too sure how much but i reckon around $100 to $150?

Tks!

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:11 PM

Vincent_Lum
  • Vincent_Lum
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Tks!

The GPS module cost between 400-480. I have asked some of the installer as I am looking to integrate into one unit. This can be added later.

JohnSHL praised this

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:15 AM

toniho
  • Premium member
    toniho
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi Guys,

I've a Pioneer Head Unit for sales. It is in excellent and perfect working order. AVH-X8550BT. I am selling this unit because i have just sold my car and have no use for it.

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:49 PM

Dramon
  • Dramon
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

How much are you selling your HU for?

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:25 PM

Lingo
  • Premium member
    Lingo
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I'm having a Pioneer AVH- X2750BT HU with an GPS app. Anyone knows how to update the GPS map?

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:39 PM

elmoguy
  • elmoguy
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I'm having a Pioneer AVH- X2750BT HU with an GPS app. Anyone knows how to update the GPS map?

Is your map from Garmin?

By the way, can this system display the MP3 Album Art if:

1) You connect to your phone via bluetooth with MP3 that comes with Album Art??

2) You plug in USB or SD card with MP3 that comes with Album Art?

ScreenHunter_4969 Dec. 07 15.37.jpg

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Pioneer AVH-X2850BT

Pioneer AVH-X2850BT  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Jq1988  |  3rd Gear

Very durable and reliable!!

My car was installed with lousy oem harrier head unit before replaced with this awesome model. Very user friendly and personalised. Every function and features of this unit satisfy my family requirement, Super clear led screen and powerful so... » Read More

Pioneer AVH-X5850BT

Pioneer AVH-X5850BT  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by TaichiMaster  |  Neutral Newbie

The parking features is lacking.

Installed this together with a rear view camera. The image quality is so-so for Pioneer products and there isn't a parking grid line for estimation. Very hard to gauge. The design is very modern. Got bought over by the design. Most of the but... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : DVD Player, Multimedia Player

Quick Reply

Tags: pioneer, gps, installation, audio and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users