Lazada good deals lobang!

TVT

Hypersonic
(edited)

Tax, Rental and Labour.

Malaysia also got all this costs also similar like ours and besides I mentioned some of the goods are shipped in direct from China ; our exchange rate also much more favorable than theirs and also more stable too unlike theirs

Even our Groupon ( now called Fave) deals also nothing to talk about also .... don't know why everyone want to ketuk singapore

Edited by BanCoe
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
(edited)

Malaysia also got all this costs also similar like ours and besides I mentioned some of the goods are shipped in direct from China ; our exchange rate also much more favorable than theirs and also more stable too unlike theirs

Taking EZBUY as example, where do they store the incoming goods? That's rental cost for you.

Who manage the CS, warehouse, counter, drivers, etc? That's labour cost for you.

Taxes? I don't even know where to begin with. 

Things must be expensive so that we can be the No.1 expensive city in the world ma.  [laugh]

Edited by Fcw75

Who say lousy?

There was a 100$ off 700$ coupon (already all redeemed). Then with the 50$ liveup rebate, that's a total of 150$.

If you are really buying something costing 700$, that's a 21% discount hor. Add in another 6% creditcard+shopback discount and that's 27% liao.

$700 !  [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]  

maybe i should get the camera i want   [laugh]  [laugh]

Supersonic

$700 !  [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]  

maybe i should get the camera i want   [laugh]  [laugh]

over liao la. I think the code was fully redeemed after a few minutes past midnight.

Turbocharged

Taking EZBUY as example, where do they store the incoming goods? That's rental cost for you.

Who manage the CS, warehouse, counter, drivers, etc? That's labour cost for you.

Taxes? I don't even know where to begin with. 

Things must be expensive so that we can be the No.1 expensive city in the world ma.  [laugh]

Who buy from ezbuy here?

Hypersonic
(edited)

Who buy from ezbuy here?

Me and a few others.  [laugh]

Bro @Mustank but not sure if he still does. Can see the Taobao thread. 

Actually when I went to collect my order at Tai Seng, people kept entering to collect their orders. 

Edited by Fcw75

over liao la. I think the code was fully redeemed after a few minutes past midnight.

Definitely 2 mins to midnight :grin:

Me and a few others. [laugh]

Actually when I went to collect my order at Tai Seng, people kept entering to collect their orders.

I use ezbuy one

Actually even their solar lights are cheaper there than here too and its clearly mentioned shipped in from China somemore

Sunlight in Sing is more expensive.  [laugh]

• Praise 1

(edited)

The logistics costs in MY is not exactly cheap. Usually more expensive than SG.

Overall, my gut feel is price discrimination, just like milk powder, medicines, vitamins, etc... First world high GDP problem.

Me and a few others.  [laugh]

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

The logistics costs in MY is not exactly cheap. Usually more expensive than SG.

Overall, my gut feel is price discrimination, just like milk powder, medicines, vitamins, etc... First world high GDP problem.

Agreed Bro.... Malaysia got alot of strange customs taxes 1, & the distances the goods travel are not short too

Only thing is the warehousing indeed at your own place is quite cheap, port side Malaysia is also expensive  

Lets All work hard to make Singapore #1 :a-m1212:

Most Expensive City in the World .......... we got now got bragging Rights for that now   [bounce2]  [bounce1]

• Praise 3

Actually cannot understand how come everything is damned expensive in Singapore?? compared to Malaysia

Actually the machine is bought is Made in China; so if the cost in SGP is more ex by say 20% I can accept it here locally; but over 50% this City State is a rip off; Maybe grass cutting machines are possibly more popular in Malaysia than here in SGP

Actually even their solar lights are cheaper there than here too and its clearly mentioned shipped in from China somemore

Because logistic cost from port to warehouse, storage cost at warehouse, distribution cost, retailer mark-up to cover lease & rental and operating expenses. All in SGD.

Try calculate that in Ringgit.

Think you will know why it's more expensive here.

• Praise 1

(edited)

When MY logistics service suppliers quote overseas partners (which in this case is CN for example), they are in USD. Same with Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam...

I have seen their quotations, definitely not cheap. Have seen those from UK and surprised how "affordable" the trucking, (un)stuffing, Customs, Doc costs. MY is definitely more expensive.

Because logistic cost from port to warehouse, storage cost at warehouse, distribution cost, retailer mark-up to cover lease & rental and operating expenses. All in SGD.

Try calculate that in Ringgit.
Think you will know why it's more expensive here.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

When MY logistics service suppliers quote overseas partners (which in this case is CN for example), they are in USD. Same with Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam...

I have seen their quotations, definitely not cheap. Have seen those from UK and surprised how "affordable" the trucking, (un)stuffing, Customs, Doc costs. MY is definitely more expensive.

You meant the their local importer will be quoted a lower price from the logistic provider?

Even if inbound logistic cost is higher in MY, the warehousing, storage cost, distribution cost is definitely lower than SG.

Brick and mortar retailer margin even same percentage as SG, the actual cost in ringgit will still have a lower consumer price.

E-tailer only have storage and last mile delivery service cost and no shop lease & retail manpower cost. So it makes their online pricing very attractive.

(edited)

The quotation in USD by absolute or relative perspective are not low, but high. High 'cos due to higher trucking, customs and clearance costs. Freight most likely would be slightly higher or just on par compared to SG. For example, a round trip trucking for a 20' standard in gauge non-dg container is about USD800/20' for a distance of about 200-300km interstate. The ocean freight from Port Klang to Australia is less than this. This is trucking alone ONLY. There are many other local costs involved.

Yes, some people here are commenting that for e-commerce buying online where goods are shipped direct from CN to MY is cheaper than compared to SG. So, even with all the local logistics costs thrown aside, it doesn't make sense and basically it's price discrimination.

You meant the their local importer will be quoted a lower price from the logistic provider?

Even if inbound logistic cost is higher in MY, the warehousing, storage cost, distribution cost is definitely lower than SG.
Brick and mortar retailer margin even same percentage as SG, the actual cost in ringgit will still have a lower consumer price.
E-tailer only have storage and last mile delivery service cost and no shop lease & retail manpower cost. So it makes their online pricing very attractive.

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement