Pioneer AVH-X8750BT

Leelk

I am unsure why the previous thread about the Pioneer AVH-X8750BT was removed. Starting another one.

Question: Does AVH-X8750BT come with HDMI cable?

What's come with the box?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

wondering the same thing why the old 8750by thread was deleted also, it had some useful and unconfirmed info about the headunit.

anyway to those that own this unit, pls reply to confirm if the unit has:

1. network mode

2. appradio mode or appradio usb

thanks

^ to the thread starter, my old 8650bt avh unit did not come with hdmi cable, so i doubt the 8750bt will have as well. only comes with a remote and a usb extension cable

Edited by Melbs
  • Praise 1

Dose not come with HDMI cable

1. no network mode

2. appradio mode meaning you need CDIH202 for Iphone and CD-AH200C for Android phone

USB 1 is for carplay

I tried carplay..kind of cool when calling or receiving phone and also read up and reply sms..

hope they support whatsapp and other apps soon

Edited by Gaolow
  • Praise 2

Dose not come with HDMI cable

1. no network mode

2. appradio mode meaning you need CDIH202 for Iphone and CD-AH200C for Android phone

USB 1 is for carplay

I tried carplay..kind of cool when calling or receiving phone and also read up and reply sms..

hope they support whatsapp and other apps soon

oh my the very sad news for me since it has no network mode, so i'll be sticking with my 8650bt unit then i guess as the difference between this and 8650bt is almost zero.

appradio mode, as in you can use the HU to control apps such as waze, car media player and car browser. yes you can use cdih202 or simply get any hdmi cable and lightning cable plus digital av adapter from apple for it to work. useable by using usb1 via lightning cable and hdmi via hdmi cable to interconnect to digiatl av adapter and setting your HU usb1 as iphone digital av adapter.

yes like 8650bt carplay is useable using usb1 via lightning cable and setting your HU usb 1 as iphone usb.

i mean cable wise same as 8650BT..but whether dose 8650BT support

time alignment? 8750BT have this features.

Edited by Gaolow

Just collected my ride with 8750 installed. Haven't got chance to play with it, but it did not have the hdmi. I thought 8650 had the HDMI come with it by default. My mistake.

I saw apple car play option earlier in the setting screen. But the manual state "may not be available in all country". Have to try it.

i mean cable wise same as 8650BT..but whether dose 8650BT support

time alignment? 8750BT have this features.

8650bt has time alignment in standard mode, so that's front left and right, rear left and right plus subwoofer, but no network mode.

5750bt has time alignment in standard mode, and in network mode.

i still can't get over the fact that the top of the line 2015 avh 8750bt does not have network mode as you claimed. boo pioneer!

• Praise 1

8650 has time alignment. It totally improves the imaging compared to my 4450 which I've upgraded from.

correct, came from a 5650 unit that also has no time alignment and changed to the 8650, it improved a lot on imaging and staging.

however the best improvement came when i used the 8650's rear L and R channels as front L and R midbass, while the front L and R channel as L and R tweeter on a semi active set up.

• Praise 1

Bros,

I'm just wondering whats the main difference between 5750 & 8750? Dont know which one should i upgrade to.

Thanks.

5750 is basically a 8750 without the carplay/auto android, dual zone audio, hdmi input and sd card Edited by Melbs
  • Praise 2

What version of firmware is your 8750 install with? Does it support carplay?

Understand that Aus set 8750 supports Carplay and firmware ver 1.06 is available for download for even 8650.

Understand that Aus set 8750 supports Carplay and firmware ver 1.06 is available for download for even 8650.

Mine is version 1.0. Just released only, pioneer website doesn't even have information about it, so it is natural that no other update is available.

It runs CarPlay fine, just need to turn it on at the setting screen.

Australia pioneer website host the firmwar for 8650 that you can download. Accordingly 1.06 and above would run caplay. I believe current firmware is either 1.08 or 1.09.

Mine is version 1.0. Just released only, pioneer website doesn't even have information about it, so it is natural that no other update is available.

It runs CarPlay fine, just need to turn it on at the setting screen.

Australia pioneer website host the firmwar for 8650 that you can download. Accordingly 1.06 and above would run caplay. I believe current firmware is either 1.08 or 1.09.

Thank you for your input. So far, v1.0 only works with phonecall, message and apple map right? Does siri works too?

I believe yours is a local set and updating of firmware in future (since carplay is new there maybe many upcoming updates) can be done at the local distributor?

8750 out of box already support carplay. mine set is local set and carplay work fine.

Thank you for your input. So far, v1.0 only works with phonecall, message and apple map right? Does siri works too?

I believe yours is a local set and updating of firmware in future (since carplay is new there maybe many upcoming updates) can be done at the local distributor?

currently only phone call, SMS, apple map and spotify (kind of buggy ). Siri do work as well.

Have try using carply with siri to make a call, answer call, receive and send/reply sms. Truly hand free

8750 out of box already support carplay. mine set is local set and carplay work fine.

currently only phone call, SMS, apple map and spotify (kind of buggy ). Siri do work as well.

Have try using carply with siri to make a call, answer call, receive and send/reply sms. Truly hand free

Good to hear that the basics are working. Esp apple map for GPS. Hopefully more app will be ready for carplay and updating of firmware is as easy as updating of iOS.

What connection do you use for carplay? USB or HDMI with adapter? Can it connect wireless with bluetooth?

I got the 8750 from my PI's subcon. I forgot to ask but it should be a local set and can get local support.

Firmware update you can do it yourself, I believe the concern is more on using the locally-supported firmware. CarPlay is not officially available in Singapore, the firmware 1.0 that came with my unit have it there and running fine.

Siri works perfectly fine, only limitation is 8750 by default cannot integrate with all my steering buttons. I press-and-hold iPhone home button to activate Siri and get Siri to call the person I tried to reach out, worked fine.

Note, there is a paragraph in the manual supplement, reproduce here:

Notice to customers with Apple CarPlauy-compatible devices

If you connect an Apple CarPlay-compatible devices to this product, you will be able to control compatible features directly from the product's screen. For details on using Apple CarPlay, please visit the website for your region (see table at right) to access the instruction manual for Apple CarPlay.

Apple CarPlay may not be available in your country or region. To learn more about country availability and compatible apps, visit http://www.apple.com/ios/carplay.

Good to hear that the basics are working. Esp apple map for GPS. Hopefully more app will be ready for carplay and updating of firmware is as easy as updating of iOS.

What connection do you use for carplay? USB or HDMI with adapter? Can it connect wireless with bluetooth?

Carplay goes through the lightning cable. 8750 comes with a USB cable, your installer need to make sure it is connected to USB1. Then connect your iphone with Lightnight cable to this USB cable, enable CarPlay, voila!

I got the 8750 from my PI's subcon. I forgot to ask but it should be a local set and can get local support.

Firmware update you can do it yourself, I believe the concern is more on using the locally-supported firmware. CarPlay is not officially available in Singapore, the firmware 1.0 that came with my unit have it there and running fine.

Siri works perfectly fine, only limitation is 8750 by default cannot integrate with all my steering buttons. I press-and-hold iPhone home button to activate Siri and get Siri to call the person I tried to reach out, worked fine.

Note, there is a paragraph in the manual supplement, reproduce here:

Notice to customers with Apple CarPlauy-compatible devices

If you connect an Apple CarPlay-compatible devices to this product, you will be able to control compatible features directly from the product's screen. For details on using Apple CarPlay, please visit the website for your region (see table at right) to access the instruction manual for Apple CarPlay.

Apple CarPlay may not be available in your country or region. To learn more about country availability and compatible apps, visit http://www.apple.com/ios/carplay.

Carplay goes through the lightning cable. 8750 comes with a USB cable, your installer need to make sure it is connected to USB1. Then connect your iphone with Lightnight cable to this USB cable, enable CarPlay, voila!

I see. So it is not the control on steering wheel or the icon on the touchscreen that is use to activate siri.

For carplay, USB extension (male to female port) must be connected to USB1 at headunit, then the apple cable to the female port of the extension. Did you also provide an HDMI cable for them to install? Does different grade of HDMI affects the video output to the headunit?

↡ Advertisement