Philips x-treme ultinon LED

Advancer

Hi I am interested in replacing my Toyota Altis 2015 classic (no led headlights) from halogen bulb to led.

I am wondering if the advertised philips LED x-treme ultinon or LED ultinon require any retrofit if I were to replace the headlights bulb?

Any place to recommend to change them and will it pass LTA inspection in future?

http://www.philips.com.sg/content/dam/master/lighting-philips/automotive/car-lights-apr/leaflets/LED_EN.pdf

↡ Advertisement

You might wanna check what exactly this product is offering. Philips is offering an LED replacement for the small bulb you find in your parking lights, dome lights and door lights.

If you wanna go for a retrofit of halogen to LED, go on ebay and you'll find some kits available. Super easy to install. Check your bulb size first before ordering.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/60W-6000LM-Kit-CREE-LED-HeadLight-Bulbs-H4-H7-H8-H9-H11-H13-9005-9006-9004-9007-/111363992682?hash=item19edcfac6a&vxp=mtr

so this led thingy needs no projector lens????

i really buay tahan those without projector and still use HID..............walau give up

Internal Moderator

i'm using those LED headlight light bulb, bought from rakuten. just replace the halogen bulbs and installed them very easily.

Projector not required, onli 1 side (facing upward) of the bulbs are emitting light. it shine on the ground up to the height of carplate

i'm using those LED headlight light bulb, bought from rakuten. just replace the halogen bulbs and installed them very easily.

Projector not required, onli 1 side (facing upward) of the bulbs are emitting light. it shine on the ground up to the height of carplate

Bro don't quite understand leh, can share some pictures of it?

And is it consider illegal?

Yea, did not know LED can be direct replacement for Halogen. Care to show some pictures and also the source you bought the bulb from?

Internal Moderator

post-46381-0-79973400-1427159793_thumb.jpg

mine is H4 and it looks like this

remove the original halogen bulb, then install the H4 (or whichever variant u buy) bracket first

screw the whole body into the bracket, connect its plug to the original light bulb power supply.

light temperature 6000k, not sure is it LTA friendly or not..

• Praise 1

Hi I am interested in replacing my Toyota Altis 2015 classic (no led headlights) from halogen bulb to led.

I am wondering if the advertised philips LED x-treme ultinon or LED ultinon require any retrofit if I were to replace the headlights bulb?

Any place to recommend to change them and will it pass LTA inspection in future?

http://www.philips.com.sg/content/dam/master/lighting-philips/automotive/car-lights-apr/leaflets/LED_EN.pdf

If the higher spec Elegance Altis comes with LED, think you might get away upgrading yours to LED too, both on the road and during inspection 3 yrs later, provided it really looks similar (and the officer cant tell the difference).

Probably just change the bulb.

However, if signal light, understand the frequency of blinking may be affected, so test first.

HID and LED usually is generally whiter and brighter. Forget abt changing to another halogen bulb that supposedly imitate the colour of HID

(unless the pure rally yellow type - which in my opinion is good for fog lamps used especially in Malaysia).

(edited)

If the higher spec Elegance Altis comes with LED, think you might get away upgrading yours to LED too, both on the road and during inspection 3 yrs later, provided it really looks similar (and the officer cant tell the difference).

Probably just change the bulb.

However, if signal light, understand the frequency of blinking may be affected, so test first.

HID and LED usually is generally whiter and brighter. Forget abt changing to another halogen bulb that supposedly imitate the colour of HID

(unless the pure rally yellow type - which in my opinion is good for fog lamps used especially in Malaysia).

thanks for your feedback.

The LED version of the Elegance Altis is a projector headlights rather than the Classic Altis conventional type, very different.

Sadly, i guess i am bounded by the warranty given by borneo motors.

So I may be only able to change the bulb to another halogen one and not retrofitting it to HID/LED.

Retrofitting may void my warranty.

Edited by Advancer

The LED version of the Elegance Altis is a projector headlights rather than the Classic Altis conventional type, very different.

So I may be only able to change the bulb to another halogen one and not retrofitting it to HID/LED.

To stay 100% LTA friendly, and to get the best bang out of a Halogen, try HIRs'.

Internal Moderator

Replace halogen with LED/HID sure illegal.

Is the light throw any good though ?

light throw is bright, but very short distance.

approximately maximum length of 20m..

Dude, retro fitting isn't gonna void warranty if they don't know you did it. When you bring your car to them to service, take out the retrofitted HIDs or LEDs.

Neutral Newbie

I got my LED headlight at here. http://sghid.com.sg/led-car-headlight-with-aerospace-ultra-cooling-heatsink. Previously I brought at $130 for 1 pair.

Installation is quite easy, no need projector lens or special equipment. I think they will provide a cable for you to plug to the headlight, then another end of it is to the car headlight power supply.

↡ Advertisement