JB Car Reckless Driving in SG

cllq

I was heading back home from Pasir Ris after dinner and travelling towards Woodlands via TPE-SLE. Towards SLE on TPE, heavy traffic around 9.45pm. There is this Toyota Innova JPQ 9299, filtered from Lane 3 to Lane 1 without signalling. Cannot understand why are there such idiots on the road. I hope you meet a match that teach u a lesson.

Sibei pissed.

Video uploaded on youtube. http://youtu.be/k3OpIzDoeRk

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Turbocharged

Very frequent occurrence. So many ppl don't signal. Sometimes you wait at a junction, thinking the oncoming vehicle will go straight, but he turn without signalling. Waste your time waiting.

• Praise 4

Too common -

Nowadays the QC in the car factory really sucks - many new and old cars in Singapore the signal lights all not working.

Either that or the drivers got no brain/finger to operate the signal light.

Too common -

Nowadays the QC in the car factory really sucks - many new and old cars in Singapore the signal lights all not working.

A not so common is the delay between the brain and the fingers - switch lane half way and then on signal.

Next time should make all vehicles auto signal once the wheels are turn at certain degree.

Like that might as well don't give signal.

Very frequent occurrence. So many ppl don't signal. Sometimes you wait at a junction, thinking the oncoming vehicle will go straight, but he turn without signalling. Waste your time waiting.

Not as bad as signal but don't turn.

• Praise 1

Recently I was behind a car whose driver stuck his hand out to signal he was turning right, was quite shocked as last time I saw this was in the last century I think haha!!

Give him the benefit of the doubt that perhaps his signal was spoilt so quite good thinking by him but I'm not sure how the newer drivers would react though!

• Praise 6

Too common -

😄 that's what I tell myself too...

In theory, it's always wrong not to signal your intention.

In practice, in Singapore, signalling in advance often means that cars will purposely speed up to close the gap and cut you off. It doesn't matter if one if different from the norm - the fact that the majority of drivers here seem to practice this boorish behaviour means that others will expect it of any random car.

So, what's the solution? If you have a highly powered car and are a fairly confident driver, you can signal and move into any reasonable gap immediately thereafter (after ensuring the blind spot is clear). You'll still end up with the occasional petulant flashes and toots of the horn, but that's because those guys are just selfish arseholes who feel embarrassed they couldn't "chiet" you, not because you really did anything dangerous.

On the other hand, for a car that lacks the power to make such a manoeuvre stick, there is often little option other than a) signal and suck thumb, hoping for the rare kind driver to leave a gap (they still exist, thank goodness) or b) don't bother with signalling at all.

For my money, the Innova's lane change from 3 to 2 was quite safe even without a signal. The lane change from 2 to 1 was more hair-raising, but his intentions were still clear, so it wasn't overtly dangerous as such.

• Praise 4

Hmm.. Reaction seems a bit slow. But can understand lah. Everyone gets tired at that time especially after having dinner.

Quite normal for J plate amongst older drivers (circa 1980's n below).

What's new. Even he signaled, you will still horn right? Sg drivers also drive like this in JB, so it's a cultural exchange. Horn is meant to alert others of danger, not to vent anger and provoke ppl.

• Praise 4

You could have tapped the brakes alittle and everything would be fine. Yes he was wrong not to signal but not everyone follows the rules rigidly. Just forgive and forget, your life was not at stake.

• Praise 2

all types of cars and drivers - seen many of them. Sometimes when the road behind is less crowded, like on highways, people have been changing lanes without signaling ("signal for who to see")

Sometimes i feel silly when i signal and the next vehicle behind me is like 4 lanes behind.

But i agree that signalling is also an act of courtesy, and safety, especially beneficial to motorcyclists.

• Praise 1

I just hate people who filter lanes without signaling. I don't care if that's ur style of driving but screw u when u r in sg..

Hmm.. Reaction seems a bit slow. But can understand lah. Everyone gets tired at that time especially after having dinner.

Quite normal for J plate amongst older drivers (circa 1980's n below).

I don't really tailgate after getting involved in an accident last year.. Slight gap is more comfy but that gap is not even enough for that bloody jb car to filter

Turbocharged

Flash for what?

No drama to see here but what the OP created.

Even no signal the intentions were clear, could have let in without any problem

Flash to bully only

Lucky he didn't come out and road rage at you.

If you did that in JB you would be asking for trouble.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Aiyo TS , like this also sibeh pissed off ? If you drive in kl you can upload 100 videos like this every day.

Not saying innova is right ; but slow traffic , his intentions are clear , no need to flash and honk and get pissed off and raise own blood pressure.

That jb driver must be telling himself wtf , this singapore car , like this also cannot give way , must flash and honk.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1