New car registration at LTA

mpv_lover

Can I ask if you guys have insisted to accompany dealer to lta to register the new car under your name and on the spot then only pass the full payment to dealer?

Or u just pay and let them do the regist ration later by themselves? Car cannot be driven away by you till lta registration completed right?

↡ Advertisement

You buying car from AD or PI?

If AD, they will do everything for you and will give you a letter from LTA which is the registration details of the vehicle.

If PI, I not so sure liao.

If you are talking about used car, get a cashier's order ready and accompany the salesman to LTA. Show the salesman the cashier's order and ensure the transfer is done at LTA before giving the cashier's order to the salesman. For used car, never make any huge payment before transfer is done.

Can I ask if you guys have insisted to accompany dealer to lta to register the new car under your name and on the spot then only pass the full payment to dealer?

Or u just pay and let them do the regist ration later by themselves? Car cannot be driven away by you till lta registration completed right?

Edited by Beehive3783
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Can I check whether a company car (vehicle type N18 passenger (co)) can be transfered to a personal car(vehicle type P10 Passenger motor car)?

Not replying to original topic but following up on a comment of used car transaction.

When I bought my used car last year, the used car dealer could do an online transfer straight from their office.

The only thing that needed me to go to LTA (if any) was the ID required to transfer my old car to them.
Either I go to LTA to get the ID or I could pass them my IC for their runner to do it.

It was done pretty quickly, pass them the banker's cheque, and they do the transfer on the spot, printing out the new vehicle owner details.

Edited by Plasma16
  • Praise 1

Can I check whether a company car (vehicle type N18 passenger (co)) can be transfered to a personal car(vehicle type P10 Passenger motor car)?

should be able to, as long as you pay money

↡ Advertisement