2014 Corolla Altis - Technical, Features & Use

Kklee

sorry bro, my bad, think dun have

For the batch of Altis in 2015, there is a button to fold and unfold the side mirrors. Not sure about the 2016 batch. You may want to drop by to test drive to check it out...

↡ Advertisement

I happened to play with the car multimedia system trying to understand the features and found this info from the system. It was telling you how to download the update package for the mutlimedia system.

You can see it from your system: Go to Setting - System - About System Information; and there it tells you to import the Authcode to your SD Card and then Go to your PC to access the link: http://info.iauto.com to input the AuthCode so that you can download the update package to SD Card to update your car system.

Once you login to the iauto website, a full explanation and instruction are there. But the problem I found was the update package from the website is lower than my car system version.

Have a nice day to ALL :)

I will check And update when I get my car. Thanks

I will check And update when I get my car. Thanks

Hi brother Osiris,

I'd check with the Support Team of iauto and their reply to me was they don't support the Device installed in the Altis, and that explained the difference in the update versions.  They advised me to check with the car dealer.  I am wondering what happening, the Device system indicated it's instruction to go to https://info.iauto.com to download latest updates.

Just for your info.  Perhap during your collection of your new car you may ask them.

Thanks and have a nice day.

For the batch of Altis in 2015, there is a button to fold and unfold the side mirrors. Not sure about the 2016 batch. You may want to drop by to test drive to check it out...

shld be the same unless BM adds it in as a selling feature.

guys also note that the 17" is heavier but with better tyre and looks.

Hi Bro Bquek, in my opinion, Toyota Altis is still the most reliable Jap car so far in terms of FC and performance and not forgetting services and parts are always available and not so expensive. This is my 3rd Toyota car I've owned :)

The elegance version is the best buy. The reslae value also better. I was lucky to get a free upgrade.

i also got free upgrade. got mine in mar2016. btw for those whom has car to scrap, scrap yrself will get better price.

also if not rushing to get car, non g'teed coe is enough. dnt waste 2-3k for gteed coe. save all these to install bars to improve yr ride and for safety.

i also got free upgrade. got mine in mar2016. btw for those whom has car to scrap, scrap yrself will get better price.

also if not rushing to get car, non g'teed coe is enough. dnt waste 2-3k for gteed coe. save all these to install bars to improve yr ride and for safety.

I booked non guaranteed altis. first bid they bidded 46k, today's bidding they bidded 48k.... no chance to secure at all

I booked non guaranteed altis. first bid they bidded 46k, today's bidding they bidded 48k.... no chance to secure at all

My friend also booked a non-guaranteed Altis but he got his COE in the 2nd bid..... You have 5 more bids to go. You will eventually get yours....

• Praise 1

Don't worry, you will definitely get yours. Give yourself and BM some time. Imo, don't listen to the SE if he insist that you top up. :)
  • Praise 1

Don't worry bro. Those that got the COE for non guaranteed probably pay a higher price for the car. When I book my car previously, those that pay 1000 more than me and book later than me on non guaranteed got the car earlier than me. It is purely business decision on profits. From previous experience, as long as the COE does not jump more than 5k and there are no sudden surge in demand, I think u are safe. Just wait a bit. They bid 49k when my non guarantee package was 43-45k. I got it @ 4th bids.

Good luck.

• Praise 1

I miss the headlights.  The current fog lamps are yellow.

My experience with yellowish headlights, it allows me to see better especially in heavy downpour. 

Also during heavy downpour,  I noticed that the road hoggers on the expressway Lane 1 are usually those with extra white and bright lights.

Now, I always feel that the LEDs seems not bright enough ! 

You are right brother, fog lamp with yellow bulbs are better then white light bulbs, it allow to better view on the road during heavy rain. I speifically request to have yellow light bulbs for my fog lamp. The rest are LED white.  Anyway, I don't turn on the fog light unless is necessary because it is waste of battery power, there are enough lights on the car already.

Hi brother Osiris,

I'd check with the Support Team of iauto and their reply to me was they don't support the Device installed in the Altis, and that explained the difference in the update versions.  They advised me to check with the car dealer.  I am wondering what happening, the Device system indicated it's instruction to go to https://info.iauto.com to download latest updates.

Just for your info.  Perhap during your collection of your new car you may ask them.

Thanks and have a nice day.

To all Toyota car owners,

I refer to my previous post above, I wish to share with you about the updateing of the InTouch Device in our Toyota car. 

This morning I submitted an enquiry to BM via their website to ask how can I download and updates the latest version of the Device System & GPS and about 1 hour later I received a phone call from BM advising me that BM will do the updating upon your request at any of their workshops and they will check whether your system need to be updated or not.

You have to make an appointment to send in your car for updating or to inform them at the same time you want to update the system when you book your next date for your car service. 

​Have a nice day!

From what i heard, strangely the price for NG Coe is now higher than price adter 17/8 bidding round, and price for guaranteed Coe is now the same as 17/8 price.

Anyone got the same observation that the new price is actually higher despite coe price dropped this round?

think they will get for u. 6 bid non g'ted. last time i got mine in 3rd or 4th bid.

From what i heard, strangely the price for NG Coe is now higher than price adter 17/8 bidding round, and price for guaranteed Coe is now the same as 17/8 price.

Anyone got the same observation that the new price is actually higher despite coe price dropped this round?

That won't be too surprising.. they may have priced the car low, and want you to top up.

But they also don't want a load of unhappy folks, so  the only way to up the chances of getting the car is to sell at a higher price to factor in a more realistic chance of getting the COE..

This is a technical thread. Please move COE talk to the general Altis Thread.

Update on

1) How to check Acoustic Glass on Elegance, When facing the front of the car, there's an icon on the bottom right windscreen. A Headset Icon denotes acoustic glass.

2) if your key fob battery is very weak. place it next to the start, stop button and start engine as usual. You should be driving to change a battery.

3) 3M Solar film given by BM sucks. was always on vkool. If they can give u discount for not installing go for it. install a better one

4) Wheel arch no sound proofing.

5) basic model should have mirror fold. (not auto)

6) Please check 40-60 split seat button, my is very stubborn and have to bang the seat hard to lock. will ask during next service

Please check your car properly when collecting.

Toyota has the worse new car collection quality standard i have seen. (nissan, honda way better.)

---

I have change the boot light from that crappy orange to LED square bulb that stick on the medal panel. $30. original bulb in place but disabled

Whole boot is bright with this LED. any accessories shop shld have

• Praise 2

Update on

1) How to check Acoustic Glass on Elegance, When facing the front of the car, there's an icon on the bottom right windscreen. A Headset Icon denotes acoustic glass.

2) if your key fob battery is very weak. place it next to the start, stop button and start engine as usual. You should be driving to change a battery.

3) 3M Solar film given by BM sucks. was always on vkool. If they can give u discount for not installing go for it. install a better one

6) Please check 40-60 split seat button, my is very stubborn and have to bang the seat hard to lock. will ask during next service

Toyota has the worse new car collection quality standard i have seen. (nissan, honda way better.)

---

I have change the boot light from that crappy orange to LED square bulb that stick on the medal panel. $30. original bulb in place but disabled

For 1, should be bottom left, to check for the acoustic glass

thanks!, very useful especially since i am collect my new ride soon.. 

Update on

---

↡ Advertisement