2014 Corolla Altis - Technical, Features & Use

Kklee

To all altis bros who have collected your car. Please take note that your car battery is the liquid type not maintenance free type. Thanks.

Edited by Chongsf
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Any bros, have check the LED brake light?

Notice 1 row never light up or is it just a dummy LED?

See the area circle in green.

Hope my is just one off and can get BM to rectify.

I checked with my brother who is driving the same altis. He say the area circle in green also did not light up.

• Praise 1

Any bros here can share which service centre do you send your car for servicing. And are they any good Technical Advisors that we should approach to.

this type is the bestest. If you maintain well, can easily last five years.

To all altis bros who have collected your car. Please take note that your car battery is the liquid type not maintenance free type. Thanks.

• Praise 3

For all bros who is driving the elegance model, I heard that once engine started, the DRL will light up. There is no way to turn it off. Is that true.....

Any bros here can share which service centre do you send your car for servicing. And are they any good Technical Advisors that we should approach to.

I send to Sin Ming...

I am sure the advisors can advise on the maintenance of the car, so don't be bogged down by who to approach...

Just go to the lounge area and relax while your car is being serviced :)

In fact, never like the stock tyres anyway. Noisy and poor road handling. You can have 10 airbags but when you lose control of your car because of lousy tyres, everything including your airbags goes down. Your money, your lives. I never believe saving money when it comes to good tyres.

your altis only has 2 airbags if im not wrong..?

Supercharged

for all the toyota 'auntie' drivers, i got a hard time trying to tell an 'auntie' male driver that he has forgotten to switch on his headlights last night. he still didn't managed to catch what i was trying to tell him and he was driving on AYE towards ECP without lights. toyota should have installed an auto on headlights detection for such a new car by now but it doesn't. so please remember to turn on your farking headlights when driving at night even your new car paint is white and still glossy. [whip]

• Praise 1

for all the toyota 'auntie' drivers, i got a hard time trying to tell an 'auntie' male driver that he has forgotten to switch on his headlights last night. he still didn't managed to catch what i was trying to tell him and he was driving on AYE towards ECP without lights. toyota should have installed an auto on headlights detection for such a new car by now but it doesn't. so please remember to turn on your farking headlights when driving at night even your new car paint is white and still glossy. [whip]

Even the car has auto headlight, but sometimes it got turn off. Mine has, but everytime I sent to workshop, they turn it off. Once I saw a black Merc ridding on ECP at night without headlight. I flash my headlight multiple times but the guy still didn't get it

• Praise 1

It is always good to check whether the lights are ON especially at night, even though the so called "auto" function is activated...

From the reflection from the cars in front , one should be able to know whether the lights are on or not...

Supercharged

It is always good to check whether the lights are ON especially at night, even though the so called "auto" function is activated...

From the reflection from the cars in front , one should be able to know whether the lights are on or not...

Reflection can be seen when only the cars is bumper to bumper. Cannot see it on a moving highway. And some drivers are really dumb or plain stupid to understand how important it is to have the highlights on at night.. :(

• Praise 1

I believe every car has an indicator on the dash to tell you whether your headlight is on, and whether it is on high beam. In the old day, the dash was not lit up at night unless you turn on the light. But nowadays, almost all car has the dash light up by default, you have to read the indicator to know if your headlight is on.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I believe every car has an indicator on the dash to tell you whether your headlight is on, and whether it is on high beam. In the old day, the dash was not lit up at night unless you turn on the light. But nowadays, almost all car has the dash light up by default, you have to read the indicator to know if your headlight is on.

That's why I don't understand what that farkup feature for? It's should be banned since it bring no use but safety issues...

Eh.... my light setting is like permanently on "auto".

Morning test - against the carpark railings

Road test 1 - Tunnel expressway

Road test 2 - covered carparks

Evening test - against the carpark railings

• Praise 1

Eh.... my light setting is like permanently on "auto".

Morning test - against the carpark railings

Road test 1 - Tunnel expressway

Road test 2 - covered carparks

Evening test - against the carpark railings

I am getting a bit lazy... lights are on "auto" :D

I am getting a bit lazy... lights are on "auto" :D

This is a "productivity" and "safety" feature. [laugh]

Supercharged

That's why I don't understand what that farkup feature for? It's should be banned since it bring no use but safety issues...

what "f**kup" feature?

Talking about auto headlights?

It sounds like safety feature to me

↡ Advertisement