2014 Corolla Altis - Technical, Features & Use

Kklee

My phone is paired with the HU via bluetooth and i can take call via the HU.

Si the BT connection is proven.

Are you able to take calls from Watsapp?

I had missed call while driving but i dont know was it due to Miracast running or cannot take watsapp call at all. Can anyone confirm? Thx

↡ Advertisement

For me, I don't have the shudder issue when accelerating from cruising (without accelerating, free running). I would be alarmed if the car shudders, initial guess would be some gear issue of stepping down slowly then sudden going up again.

drove with mechanic the other day my own and test drive car.

the judder is there with the test drive car , unfortunately, so my case was not strong. it also seems the judder reduced over time. either my right foot improved or the last few hundred km's done made a difference. was told this is because car switches between 4th and 5th gear la la la.

on the other hand, i am sure my car has a more bumpy ride but the mechanic dismissed it, and purposely shake the steering left & right on the test drive car to mimic a bumpy ride. 

he kept blaming the lower profile tyre (17" rim).

actually, even starting the test drive car and my own car seem to be different. 

the test drive car appears more 'sporty' - engine roar to everything seems tighter.

if I got car from PI I may suspect they gave me 'old' car  but with BM I at least dont have this doubt  :P

this is rather annoying as they can always say same ride quality and dismiss all issues. is there some way to quantitatively measure the vibration? I tried using smart phone software but seems the accelerometer on my phone is not sensitive enough.

so just heng suay case? 

Edited by ConnorMcLeod

the judder is there with the test drive car , unfortunately, so my case was not strong. it also seems the judder reduced over time. either my right foot improved or the last few hundred km's done made a difference. was told this is because car switches between 4th and 5th gear la la la.

on the other hand, i am sure my car has a more bumpy ride but the mechanic dismissed it, and purposely shake the steering left & right on the test drive car to mimic a bumpy ride.

the test drive car appears more 'sporty' - engine roar to everything seems tighter.

if I got car from PI I may suspect they gave me 'old' car but with BM I at least dont have this doubt :P

this is rather annoying as they can always say same ride quality and dismiss all issues. is there some way to quantitatively measure the vibration? I tried using smart phone software but seems the accelerometer on my phone is not sensitive enough.

so just heng suay case?

I would suggest you go back to BM workshop and tell them to perform the following(not sure if it will help)

1. Perform wheel alignment

2. Inflat/deflat tyre to the desired pressure

3. Ask them to hoist up the car and tighten the torsion beam.

4. Engine shuddering, ask them to do another check again on it if the shuddering persist

5. If you haven't already change eo,request for them to change to synthetic oil. (Though I think this has been done)

6. Ask them to check the suspension.

if I got car from PI I may suspect they gave me 'old' car  but with BM I at least dont have this doubt  :P

so just heng suay case? 

Get them to replace the engine mounts... the vibration may be due to damaged or misaligned engine mounts.

I would suggest you go back to BM workshop and tell them to perform the following(not sure if it will help)

1. Perform wheel alignment

2. Inflat/deflat tyre to the desired pressure

3. Ask them to hoist up the car and tighten the torsion beam.

4. Engine shuddering, ask them to do another check again on it if the shuddering persist

5. If you haven't already change eo,request for them to change to synthetic oil. (Though I think this has been done)

6. Ask them to check the suspension.

Points 2 , 5 & 6 done.

Point 1 instead of slignment cgecked wheel balance.

Poin4 shuddering is reducing so i monitor for now.

Point 3 not done only checked suspension.

Will get a frirnd who also drives altis to feel the drive same or duff to his.

Ok hv 5k km 2 months later will bring up again. Sianz.

Get them to replace the engine mounts... the vibration may be due to damaged or misaligned engine mounts.

would misaligned engine mount lead to vibration at all times or just some times?

For my case , there is no vibration on certain roads .

although speed seems not a factor, i.e. i can at times have smooth rides at low and high speed,

the instability is usually noticed at car park despite path looks very smooth/flat.

Points 2 , 5 & 6 done.

Poin4 shuddering is reducing so i monitor for now.

Will get a frirnd who also drives altis to feel the drive same or duff to his.

Ok hv 5k km 2 months later will bring up again. Sianz.

sorry wrote msg on smartphone and realise all these typos :/

Points 2 , 5 & 6 done.

Point 4 shuddering is reducing so i monitor for now.

Will get a frirnd who also drives altis to feel the drive same or different to his.

I first use Esso 95 and then SPC 95 and last week switched back to Esso 95 purposely.

Indeed can feel E 95 is more powerful as in pick up better, and tends to cause more shudder at the said conditions.

The mechanic said this is due to CVT switching between 4th and 5th gear around the same moment that caused the shudder.

Am thinking if i should put CVT in manual mode +/- to confirm while driving on expressway. 

Never really used manual mode +/- so not sure if used to one hand on gear shift again (last drive on manual transmission was > 10 years, hope right hand is still stable enough. hahaha)

Seriously thinking should get my friend to drive / sit in. maybe I already got paranoid with the ride so not assessing/feeling the ride objectively.

would misaligned engine mount lead to vibration at all times or just some times?

For my case , there is no vibration on certain roads .

although speed seems not a factor, i.e. i can at times have smooth rides at low and high speed,

the instability is usually noticed at car park despite path looks very smooth/flat.

It's possible.. or the engine mounts fail... not impossible... but really, in most cars there will be unexplained juddering lar... you can't expect the car to be creamy smooth all the time... even my Sonata, it was super smooth and quiet... but after the 10,000 km servicing, I feel that the idling in D at traffic lights is not as smooth anymore, there's a bit of vibration... probably some wear and tear, and as I drive these past 6 months, I also feel that the suspension is harsher now... but others who sit in my car all say the car is super smooth and quiet... I drove my dad's Renault Fluence, 1.5 turbodiesel with a DCT... after I switched back to my car, I felt my car was so smooth and quiet and powerful... but after a few drives, I also feel the same like before, suspension a bit harsh, a bit of idling vibrations in D mode at the traffic lights... etc... I think it's all like that lar... hahaha...

It's possible.. or the engine mounts fail... not impossible... but really, in most cars there will be unexplained juddering lar... you can't expect the car to be creamy smooth all the time... even my Sonata, it was super smooth and quiet... but after the 10,000 km servicing, I feel that the idling in D at traffic lights is not as smooth anymore, there's a bit of vibration... probably some wear and tear, and as I drive these past 6 months, I also feel that the suspension is harsher now... but others who sit in my car all say the car is super smooth and quiet... I drove my dad's Renault Fluence, 1.5 turbodiesel with a DCT... after I switched back to my car, I felt my car was so smooth and quiet and powerful... but after a few drives, I also feel the same like before, suspension a bit harsh, a bit of idling vibrations in D mode at the traffic lights... etc... I think it's all like that lar... hahaha...

For this judder I know it is 'normal'. Just that it was very obvious right from the start and my friend complained about headache on day 2 I got my car, so I feel compelled to understand the issues (judder, instability).

in comparison, i was driving a rented camry wiht 50k km mileage and it was creamy (ok different country different road condition but still city driving).

i consider myself reasonable and won't pursue unless necessary. It wastes my time too to goto BM and sit there in to wait.

hence I will get more frens to sit in mine to triple confirm not my butt sensor malfunctioning :)

was fantasing next time install TRD suspension etc. :D

• Praise 1

What I say may sound stupid but it works for me. When u wash yr car, use pressure hose to wash yr wheel & rim thoroughly. It may help with the shudder.

Must not use the fire hose ok. Cos it is meant for emergency use and also, it might be slightly acidic which can damage our car paint.

was fantasing next time install TRD suspension etc. :D

No need to fantasize. Trd coilover now!

Must not use the fire hose ok. Cos it is meant for emergency use and also, it might be slightly acidic which can damage our car paint.

No need to fantasize. Trd coilover now!

Actually how does the trd door stabilizer work?

I can stop dreaming about the coilover now. $4k even on promo. I just tune my butt sensor can liao.

Actually how does the trd door stabilizer work?

I can stop dreaming about the coilover now. $4k even on promo. I just tune my butt sensor can liao.

Have to Google it and watch it via YouTube. Supposed to improve on ur cornering by eliminating the gap in between ur door and lock

Have to Google it and watch it via YouTube. Supposed to improve on ur cornering by eliminating the gap in between ur door and lock

Watched it.

Well get a coupe if want rigid body.

spent the money on the trd air filter instead

Watched it.

Well get a coupe if want rigid body.

spent the money on the trd air filter instead

Yeah, this sat servicing. Trd servicing again :)

Yeah, this sat servicing. Trd servicing again :)

am curious, what is the power n handling improvement one can achieve with all these trd mod on a 1.6na. Eg 0-100km/h from 11.1s (sgcm figure) down to below 10s? Edited by ConnorMcLeod

am curious, what is the power n handling improvement one can achieve with all these trd mod on a 1.6na. Eg 0-100km/h from 11.1s (sgcm figure) down to below 10s?

In order to achieve better pickup and achieve a better timing for century sprint, you also need to take care of the external. Eg lighter rims, ecu piggyback, oils, etc.

Handling will be lowering, bars, and various little bits of upgrades.

If u really wanna improve it to a race car like, it will be installing super charger liao.

Ultimately, this is still a bnb car so these minor upgrades that I am doing are for better performance and maintainence in the long run. As for pick up, I dun think it can hit to sub 10 bah.

Gotta let the experts correct me if I am wrong :)

↡ Advertisement