2014 Corolla Altis - Technical, Features & Use

Kklee

I get it from Taobao. I think it is not so good. Initially can feel that it help but after a week, it seems to lose its effect and it is not so sticky. I bought some original 3M tape to redo. However, I do find that it keep the dust from the car especially @ the bottom of of the door. I always find exhaust black soot there for my case after a week. Now I do not have this problem.

The Korean type I bought from Qoo10 is a add on type to my present rubber. It is suppose to stick to the car body aro the doors while taobao type stick to the door itself.

Just received my order of the Korean type. Will let u know how it goes after I install it.

How is your experience with the new sound insulation ?

How is your experience with the new sound insulation ?

Sorry for the late update. I am away for the last few week and thinking of also doing up the back 2 door before I feedback.

I have done the Korean rubber insulation. I think it did help to reduce noise from external. In my every day return route on PIE entering KPE, there is loud humming sound created by the vechile in the tunnel ( especially if there are lorries). This noise seem to be significantly reduce.

The bad part is that it seem to amplify my sensitivity to tire road noise. Personally, I am quite sure that the tire noise sound louder now before I install the rubber.

The rubber is quite troublesome to put. I have to remove the original rubber and slot the Korean in between. If it is not done properly, the original rubber will not fit neatly and u have to adjust repeatedly. The front passenger side I took 1/2hr. The driver side I took 1 hour as the original rubber just refuse to flush nicely.

In conclusion, my next venture is look at DIY wheel arc. I just hope I can find the time or a more quiet tire.

One thing. Congrats on getting the car to your tolerable and comfort level. Your drive pattern seems to be very familiar to mine and your FC is sound correct.

Sorry for the late update. I am away for the last few week and thinking of also doing up the back 2 door before I feedback.

I have done the Korean rubber insulation. I think it did help to reduce noise from external. In my every day return route on PIE entering KPE, there is loud humming sound created by the vechile in the tunnel ( especially if there are lorries). This noise seem to be significantly reduce.

The bad part is that it seem to amplify my sensitivity to tire road noise. Personally, I am quite sure that the tire noise sound louder now before I install the rubber.

The rubber is quite troublesome to put. I have to remove the original rubber and slot the Korean in between. If it is not done properly, the original rubber will not fit neatly and u have to adjust repeatedly. The front passenger side I took 1/2hr. The driver side I took 1 hour as the original rubber just refuse to flush nicely.

In conclusion, my next venture is look at DIY wheel arc. I just hope I can find the time or a more quiet tire.

One thing. Congrats on getting the car to your tolerable and comfort level. Your drive pattern seems to be very familiar to mine and your FC is sound correct.

Hi Altis2016. Thanks for sharing. Sorry did not mean to rush you for the write up.

My guess is the external noise and road noise were there always and now with the external noise suppressed,

the road noise becomes noticeable hence your sensitivity.

Wow... u trade in altis for another altis. 20 years of altis?

Haha no la. My current/first altis only drive for 3 years.

My dad and GF like the spaciousness of altis and the price range is okay.

By trading in my current altis I will not need to pay any down payment so just hoot lo.

After getting the car next on my wish list will be strut bar to increase stability and handling.

Read up quite a few post regarding these and still need to do further research.

Haha no la. My current/first altis only drive for 3 years.

My dad and GF like the spaciousness of altis and the price range is okay.

By trading in my current altis I will not need to pay any down payment so just hoot lo.

After getting the car next on my wish list will be strut bar to increase stability and handling.

Read up quite a few post regarding these and still need to do further research.

Anything i can help u with regarding strut bars or anti roll bars?

I have a quick question on the Classic. The HU shows no guidelines when used with the reverse camera. I was told the guidelines are only available in the Elegance version. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Anything i can help u with regarding strut bars or anti roll bars?

Hi Drion,

After looking through both the bars from TRD and UR, I feel that TRD looks nicer and is less obstructive on the car.

The problem is BM only sells the front tower bar.

The bars I am looking at is the following :

- Front tower bar

- Front Lower arm bar

- Rear anti roll or sway bar

Do you have any reputable source to get the rest?

Is my current setup sufficient to improve stability and handling?

Could you advise whats your set up?

I have a quick question on the Classic. The HU shows no guidelines when used with the reverse camera. I was told the guidelines are only available in the Elegance version. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Hi Phillips,

I am currently driving a elegance version and there is guidelines on my HD for the reverse cam.

The guideline will also move according to the steering wheel while turning.

Hi guys,

Do you all know if I were to change the following items will it void the electrical warranty:

- Cam light blub from yellow to LED white

- Reverse Lighting from yellow to LED white

- Head unit

I feel the HU restriction for usage during driving is very irritating.

Even during long traffic jam if your gear is not switched to N you also cannot use it.

Anyone knows how to bypass it?

I heard from SE saying that we will need to pay to update the maps on the HU, is it true?

How much will it cost huhz?

Hi Drion,

After looking through both the bars from TRD and UR, I feel that TRD looks nicer and is less obstructive on the car.

The problem is BM only sells the front tower bar.

The bars I am looking at is the following :

- Front tower bar

- Front Lower arm bar

- Rear anti roll or sway bar

Do you have any reputable source to get the rest?

Is my current setup sufficient to improve stability and handling?

Could you advise whats your set up?

Hi Phillips,

I am currently driving a elegance version and there is guidelines on my HD for the reverse cam.

The guideline will also move according to the steering wheel while turning.

Hi guys,

Do you all know if I were to change the following items will it void the electrical warranty:

- Cam light blub from yellow to LED white

- Reverse Lighting from yellow to LED white

- Head unit

I feel the HU restriction for usage during driving is very irritating.

Even during long traffic jam if your gear is not switched to N you also cannot use it.

Anyone knows how to bypass it?

I heard from SE saying that we will need to pay to update the maps on the HU, is it true?

How much will it cost huhz?

My bars setup as follow:

TRD front strut / tower bar from BM

UR Front lower arm bar (3 point)

UR Rear anti roll bar (19mm)

UR Rear strut /tower bar

Additionally, I have imported TRD torsion beam from USA and installed in Singapore.

These are my humble and basic setup. The UR bars, pm me if you want to know where I install from as I don't wanna infringe on any advertising rules. :)

If you want more stability, can consider eibach lowering spring but be careful when crossing hump or mscp. I never install this though.

Thanks Drion,

Do you have access to the SD slot on the HU. Mine seems to be physically locked by a plastic tab. The manual says the SD slot can be used house media. 

Anyone out there with a recent basic model? Just want to know that I am not the only one that does not see guidelines when using the reverse camera and without access to the SD slot? It seems strange and is not one of the things highlighted between the differences between the basic and elegance model.

Thanks Drion,

Do you have access to the SD slot on the HU. Mine seems to be physically locked by a plastic tab. The manual says the SD slot can be used house media.

Anyone out there with a recent basic model? Just want to know that I am not the only one that does not see guidelines when using the reverse camera and without access to the SD slot? It seems strange and is not one of the things highlighted between the differences between the basic and elegance model.

Yup, I have access. U need to use your fingernail to gently pry it open to access it. :)

Thanks

Hi Philips, from what I know, basic model from 2014 do not has the guidelines except elegance. Not sure about the basic model sold in 2016.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, collecting my new Altis today! Can i check if there are any active facebook group, whatsapp or telegram chat for Altis owners?

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, collecting my new Altis today! Can i check if there are any active facebook group, whatsapp or telegram chat for Altis owners?

Congratulations! I'm still waiting for my coe, AD was not successful on 1st bid yesterday :(

I'm also interested to join the altis facebook/whatsapp group!

yes we have a whatsapp group pm me your number

altis good car updated the Radio MAP SD card is free reverse camera for me too mine is 2014

bro 

pm me your number...

Neutral Newbie

The GPS is quite outdated though. my place moved in 2 years already still cannot find my address. Other than that, am happy with the new ride :)

Congratulations! I'm still waiting for my coe, AD was not successful on 1st bid yesterday :(

I'm also interested to join the altis facebook/whatsapp group!

Thanks PPAP! Actually i booked it end Oct but wanted to take delivery of the car closer to the expiry of my old car. Hang in there! Hope you will be able to get it next bidding.

Hi Philips, from what I know, basic model from 2014 do not has the guidelines except elegance. Not sure about the basic model sold in 2016.

Thanks everyone for your replies on the reverse camera guidelines and the SD card slot. I have a 2016 basic Altis and the manual shows guidelines so it looks like missing guidelines on the HD when using the reverse camera is an undocumented feature for basic models. I'll attempt to remove the plastic lock on the SD slot once I have grown my fingernails.

↡ Advertisement