RIP Mr Lee Kuan Yew - Lying in State

Boringchap

I paid my last respects to Mr Lee Kuan Yew earlier today. I made this video to give all those who haven't done so a good idea of what the process is like. Yes, the wait may be long, but it was definitely worth it.

As I waited, I marveled at all around me. The city, the trees, the Singapore River. Everything.
What is Mr Lee Kuan Yew's most important contribution to Singapore? Just look around you.

Spend your time reflecting on what Mr Lee has done for all of us. Let us now let him down as we take Singapore to even greater heights.

Rest in peace, Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

https://youtu.be/-Z3_-P-ju2U

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Uncle ... there is a long thread on this already. But we felt your poignancy

I paid my last respects to Mr Lee Kuan Yew earlier today. I made this video to give all those who haven't done so a good idea of what the process is like. Yes, the wait may be long, but it was definitely worth it.

As I waited, I marveled at all around me. The city, the trees, the Singapore River. Everything.

What is Mr Lee Kuan Yew's most important contribution to Singapore? Just look around you.

Spend your time reflecting on what Mr Lee has done for all of us. Let us now let him down as we take Singapore to even greater heights.

Rest in peace, Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

• Praise 4

This evening I was at a playground and chatted with my neighbour who is a foreign talent of India nationality. He asked me if I went to parliament house, and he said he will be going tomorrow to pay respect. He then commented that Mr. Lee Kuan Yew is a very rare leader in the world who has built a nation into what Singapore is today. He said that his country India is decades away from Singapore's achievement, in terms of infrastructure, safety, education, civil service, employment .. and that he is not even sure after a few more decades can they reach Singapore's level. I told him that on the contrary, I know of many people around me who are Singaporeans, are very disgruntled with the government and complaints about everything. He told me that it is because these people have not travelled abroad and compare, that's why. At that time, I felt a strong sense of pride. Just relating this to share what some one said to me.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 3

Mr lee did say before he wouldn't be able to replicate what he did for Singapore even if he was asked to lead india

as Mr Lee said, he try to be correct, not politcally correct. Mr Lee and his team were able to shape singapore into what we are today, I feel partly also due to our social composition at that time. I sincerly respect them for what they have done.

when our population hit 10million, that's going to be a different ball game altogether.

side track, I'm probably heading down in the wee hours friday morning. Rest in peace Sir.

↡ Advertisement