Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

Can recommend any shop to replace the roof liner and wash engine compartment.

Well i went to Sung Beng Auto for all my car related issues. They pretty much does everything. Quality work.

hmm.. my FD1 recently just changed the roof liner and engine mountings when i renewed the COE. problems only started occurring after i renewed the COE, clocking 170K+ km. HUGE bomb dropped on my wallet lol. then again, from what i read in forums, most people change those items way earlier then that, hence i am consoling myself for that.

how many engine mountings u changed bro? whats the damage?

just did mine last week at jet cheng. got to roam around in the replacement wira. [drivingcar]

how many engine mountings u changed bro? whats the damage?

just did mine last week at jet cheng. got to roam around in the replacement wira. [drivingcar]

I changed 4 mountings. Total cost abt $800 Edited by Angelius25

Went 2 Jet Cheng Auto to remedy some faults w my FD. Nicely done w good advice.

Care to share what the faults were so that we can have another consideration when we come across the same problems?

(edited)

My experiences with FD issue as follows:

1. Wheel hub bearing ( life span 3-4yrs)

2. Rotor warp issue

3. Absorber leak

4. Engine gasket leak

5. Front lower arm bushing demage

6. Engine mounts

7. Cabin roof lining droop

Edited by Tcx607

(edited)

Care to share what the faults were so that we can have another consideration when we come across the same problems?

Did wheel rotation + balancing abt 2 mths back.

In Feb notice whenever i speed up to 80-90km/h, steering wheel will vibrate slightly (not always but on n off)

Went JB for my normal stuff, n tot well might as well do e balancing at HT and chk wats causing it

When doing balancing on all 4 wheels notice all out of balance, so redo again.

Techie there also mention tat my front lower arm seems cracked n need to be replace. tols him too late alr, will do nxt rd.

Then i remember some bro here mention Jet does alot of Honda cars, so gav him a call and arrange for another chkup on front lower arm.

While in SG xpress way notice e vibration on steering wheel still comes n goes when speed around 80-90km/h

Went to Jet, chk and front lower arm & booster ok. Also advice on how to spot if e front lower arm booster spoil/crack

Jet test drive my car and notice e vibration too, then took me to a tyre shop to chk balancing again.

Balancing all ok, While doing e balancing (tyre spining) Jet n e tyreshop owner took notice that one of my tyres not spining evenly even-thou on e balancing machine shows 0-0. They then took out e said tyre fr rims n refitted it.

Driving afew days alr...e vibration nvr return (touch wood..)

Case to note ... tyres abt 9 mths old and done less than 10,000km w alot of tread left

Jet could hav just change my front lower arm booster with me none e wiser

Instead he took time to test drive my car to trouble shoot  and solve e problem w e car.

Edited by zipping
  • Praise 3

(edited)

In Feb notice whenever i speed up to 80-90km/h, steering wheel will vibrate slightly (not always but on n off)

Went JB for my normal stuff, n tot well might as well do e balancing at HT and chk wats causing it

Techie there also mention tat my front lower arm seems cracked n need to be replace. tols him too late alr, will do nxt rd.

Then i remember some bro here mention Jet does alot of Honda cars, so gav him a call and arrange for another chkup on front lower arm.

While in SG xpress way notice e vibration on steering wheel still comes n goes when speed around 80-90km/h

Went to Jet, chk and front lower arm & booster ok. Also advice on how to spot if e front lower arm booster spoil/crack

Jet test drive my car and notice e vibration too, then took me to a tyre shop to chk balancing again.

Balancing all ok, While doing e balancing (tyre spining) Jet n e tyreshop owner took notice that one of my tyres not spining evenly even-thou on e balancing machine shows 0-0. They then took out e said tyre fr rims n refitted it.

Case to note ... tyres abt 9 mths old and done less than 10,000km w alot of tread left

Instead he took time to test drive my car to trouble shoot  and solve e problem w e car.

thanks for your FR. i am impressed with Jet's professionalism. a lot of mechanics out there would have asked you to change this or that without identifying the root cause of the vibration.

there's a yellow dot and/or red dot on every new tyre. take note of this:

"First: check your rim, and if you find dimple mark on it "Special colored dot on the rim or non see though hole". If you find it mount the tire with the Red dot next to dimple mark.

Second: if your rim was not marked with the dimple mark, mount the tire with the Red dot next to the valve

Third: if you didn't found a red dot and found only yelow dot, mount the tire with the Yelow dot next to the valve

Fourth: if you didn't find any marks on your tires side wall , just mount your tire on the rim and make sure to make

right balancing to your tires."

https://www.facebook.com/notes/tiremania/what-is-the-meaning-of-the-red-andor-the-yellow-dots-at-your-tires-side-wall/217551211684028/

http://www.tirebusiness.com/article/20070813/ISSUE/308139967/are-you-seeing-dots-those-color-coded-sidewall-markings-serve-a

Edited by Spinelli_ck
  • Praise 1

Thanks for the info

Any did solve FD1 oil leaks before? If yes..how much WS charge u? Mine saw a lot oil at then bottom n right side of engine.= Power steering side... The bottom mount is wet also. Can see floor have oil if park too long.

to replace Cam seal (L&R) + VTEC seal + crankshaft seal ( attached to main pulley) and replace top cover gasket.

$300 is standard price?

Any did solve FD1 oil leaks before? If yes..how much WS charge u? Mine saw a lot oil at then bottom n right side of engine.= Power steering side... The bottom mount is wet also. Can see floor have oil if park too long.

to replace Cam seal (L&R) + VTEC seal + crankshaft seal ( attached to main pulley) and replace top cover gasket.

$300 is standard price?

i have not had such problem before. it's best you go get a second or third opinion. look for Jet if you don't mind making a trip to JB. else, you may look for Ah Heng of SKM at Kaki Bukit.

i have not had such problem before. it's best you go get a second or third opinion. look for Jet if you don't mind making a trip to JB. else, you may look for Ah Heng of SKM at Kaki Bukit.

Thanks bro... Ur you car is which year? Mine 08, power steering leak badly... Ah heng n jet... Which one cheaper? Wanna cut down the cost... My rear wheel bearing also gone..Drive shaft also start give leak..Cost Bom

Is it normal if from full tank to half tank only travel around 230km? I just got my car two week. Seem repair wear n rear need at min2k..

Edited by Lilukl
↡ Advertisement