Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

Thanks bro... Ur you car is which year? Mine 08, power steering leak badly... Ah heng n jet... Which one cheaper? Wanna cut down the cost... My rear wheel bearing also gone..Drive shaft also start give leak..Cost Bom

Is it normal if from full tank to half tank only travel around 230km? I just got my car two week. Seem repair wear n rear need at min2k..

mine is also the same year. it's best you contact them directly to get a quote although i suspect it would be cheaper to get your repair done in JB.

fuel consumption is dependent on a lot of factors. without additional information, it would be difficult to assess if the fuel economy is good, average or bad.

were you aware of these issues before you bought the car?

↡ Advertisement

mine is also the same year. it's best you contact them directly to get a quote although i suspect it would be cheaper to get your repair done in JB.

fuel consumption is dependent on a lot of factors. without additional information, it would be difficult to assess if the fuel economy is good, average or bad.

were you aware of these issues before you bought the car?

I'm getting from direct owner..So I did see oil leak... I did view 4 civic.. all having the same leak...So I tot is normal to leak.. ll take some phone n ask jet for advise..

Just extended COE  for 10 years ................

and got my 2007 Civic FD1 service and replace parts

1) Replace shock absorber x 4

2) replace Gear sensor unit (causes oil leak and 'D' mode blinking)

3) Replace radiator tank 

4) Replace tensioner, alternator rib belt 

5) Full servicing with all oil replacement.

Charges 1.9k.

next to change mounting.

Edited by jcchia
  • Praise 1

3) Replace radiator tank 

Charges 1.9k.

next to change mounting.

nice car to keep it running for anthr 10yo! miss the vtec sound kick in!

charges very reasonable wor! how much will the mounting cost? original or oem?

Did wheel rotation + balancing abt 2 mths back.

In Feb notice whenever i speed up to 80-90km/h, steering wheel will vibrate slightly (not always but on n off)

Went JB for my normal stuff, n tot well might as well do e balancing at HT and chk wats causing it

When doing balancing on all 4 wheels notice all out of balance, so redo again.

Techie there also mention tat my front lower arm seems cracked n need to be replace. tols him too late alr, will do nxt rd.

Then i remember some bro here mention Jet does alot of Honda cars, so gav him a call and arrange for another chkup on front lower arm.

While in SG xpress way notice e vibration on steering wheel still comes n goes when speed around 80-90km/h

Went to Jet, chk and front lower arm & booster ok. Also advice on how to spot if e front lower arm booster spoil/crack

Jet test drive my car and notice e vibration too, then took me to a tyre shop to chk balancing again.

Balancing all ok, While doing e balancing (tyre spining) Jet n e tyreshop owner took notice that one of my tyres not spining evenly even-thou on e balancing machine shows 0-0. They then took out e said tyre fr rims n refitted it.

Driving afew days alr...e vibration nvr return (touch wood..)

Case to note ... tyres abt 9 mths old and done less than 10,000km w alot of tread left

Jet could hav just change my front lower arm booster with me none e wiser

Instead he took time to test drive my car to trouble shoot  and solve e problem w e car.

yeah he has honest guy. i went to one workshop in  jb before, they said have to change lower arm...i asked Jet, he said no problem still can drive one...

Power...must support this type of honest workshop

I'm getting from direct owner..So I did see oil leak... I did view 4 civic.. all having the same leak...So I tot is normal to leak.. ll take some phone n ask jet for advise..

he's on Whatsapp, so you may drop him a message.

i wonder what sort of punishing situations these 4 Civics were being put through. but it's true that the engine bay feels much hotter than my previous car after driving for some time.

3) Replace radiator tank 

Charges 1.9k.

next to change mounting.

good for you. not worth to renew for just 5 years given the PARF rebate you had to forgo.

save the FDs.  :D

• Praise 2

old school VTEC? no, an FD engine does not operate like the old Honda engines.

refer to the technical discussion below.  :D

http://asia.vtec.net/Engines/RiVTEC/index.html

Thanks for sharing that.

I am sceptical about fuel economy mentioned in the write up because I have heard many disappointments in the fc. Can those with fd share the average fc?

Thanks for sharing that.

I am sceptical about fuel economy mentioned in the write up because I have heard many disappointments in the fc. Can those with fd share the average fc?

mine is ~ 13KM/L for 60% highway, 40% normal road.

nice car to keep it running for anthr 10yo! miss the vtec sound kick in!

charges very reasonable wor! how much will the mounting cost? original or oem?

FD1 is indeed a good car, thats why I sent the car for full servicing n replacemnt of original parts. And extend full CoE. I set a budget of 3-5k for all neccessary replacement. Upholstery n paint work still tiptop.

Thanks for sharing that.

Normal Civic real world driving - no start stop, city driving, with a normal foot, not pussy footed:

10km.l

It gets worse as your car gets old.

Normal Civic real world driving - no start stop, city driving, with a normal foot, not pussy footed:

10km.l

It gets worse as your car gets old.

yes it will get worse as time passed...need send for engine flush etc. 

mine was dropping from 14kml to 12kml then to 11kml....

but the drive is still good overall..smooth n exciting.

old school VTEC? no, an FD engine does not operate like the old Honda engines.

refer to the technical discussion below.  :D

http://asia.vtec.net/Engines/RiVTEC/index.html

not like the old school screamer la...but still good esp when the vtec kicks in...can feel the surge lo...

• Praise 1

mine is ~ 13KM/L for 60% highway, 40% normal road.

I just got my from previous owner... half tank clock 250km.... haven finish my first tank yet.  My car COE end May 18. It has a lot thing need to repair... Power steering leak, repair need around SG250.. the rest start give leak (Vtech valve, Cam seal, main pulley seal), Lower arm front left bushing crack, front suspension, rear wheel bearing.... min 2k if wanna fix them

Just replaced both front rotor and breakpad for RM 650 as it cause steering vibrate when brake at above 80Km/h.

3) Replace radiator tank 

Charges 1.9k.

next to change mounting.

Can PM me where you replace those? can what the damage to your wallet?

I just got my from previous owner... half tank clock 250km.... haven finish my first tank yet.  My car COE end May 18. It has a lot thing need to repair... Power steering leak, repair need around SG250.. the rest start give leak (Vtech valve, Cam seal, main pulley seal), Lower arm front left bushing crack, front suspension, rear wheel bearing.... min 2k if wanna fix them

Just replaced both front rotor and breakpad for RM 650 as it cause steering vibrate when brake at above 80Km/h.

a warped rotor can be skimmed if it has never been skimmed before. this would save you quite a bit of money.

something to share to inspire FD owners.

nice!!!

always like the FD series....got the oommph mojo power!!! 

esp type r roars.....low humming rawwwwww

Thinking of getting a 2007 civic 1.6A.. How's the fuel consumption from the 50L tank? Full tank 50L can travel how much? Can it hit 10km/l at least for 50% city 50% highway? Not a heavy footer :)

Edited by Saltedeggyolk
↡ Advertisement