Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

Hi, Lately I face this problem too. Solved by replacing faulty gear box mount. Seek yr mechanic to check on this areas. Hope that helps

My mounting changed coming to 2 years already so fast spoil ? My ride is manual

Angelius25 jcchia my whole mounting coming to 2 years already so fast spoil already !! My ride is manual

↡ Advertisement

Angelius25 jcchia my whole mounting coming to 2 years already so fast spoil already !! My ride is manual

Saw my mechanic check at the bonnet both left n right mount.

The right side (driver) was dislodged (broke). That's where the sound was heard loud during hump and bumpy road ride.

As for your case, 2 years is quite new n should be able to withstand the rough ride.

Or maybe not mounted properly or not original products.

Many factors. Best to check together with the appointed mechanic.

It's a Honda. Their parts don't last.

I beg to differ. I drove my FD1 for 10 years before i have to change anything major. Even the workshops i go to said my car can easily last another 10 years.

There r a few different types of mountings in a car. Wat u changed might not have spoiled. Could be another mounting cracked.

There r a few different types of mountings in a car. Wat u changed might not have spoiled. Could be another mounting cracked.

okie guys will ask the wkshop to check all my mounting and might also want to change the exhaust hanger rubber cause that day I saw the rubber like very elongated already

I beg to differ. I drove my FD1 for 10 years before i have to change anything major. Even the workshops i go to said my car can easily last another 10 years.

the age of the car may not be a fair assessment. it depends on the mileage clocked by your FD1. did you not replace the dampers or engine mountings once?

Edited by Spinelli_ck

Yeah once. After renewing my COE. And btw my mileage is 200k++

you had probably stretched the mileage quite a fair bit before replacing the mountings. the rubber on these mountings gets hardened after some time due to heat. so it's not surprising to hear of owners replacing these mountings when the mileage is ~ 100k to 120k. of course, some are able to stretch to ~ 150k.

Yes i did. I stretched it as far as i could cos it was on the 9th year that it started to have problems. And i was considering if i want to actually renew or get a new car. And btw, why r u talking abt my FD1? I am not the 1 with an issue. I already resolved all of mine. I merely shared my personal experience with somebody who has a similar problem as i did.

Hi i have a set of FD1 engine mounting/ kyb absorber/ power steering repair kit and lower arm for sales.. intrested party may contact me at 91394756

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone, i just got mine '06 civic (1.6) 6 month ago. Bought it as renew COE car, renew for 5 years. And so far been loving it. Maintenance is still consider reasonable, and fuel consumption is average 10km/l.

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone, i just got mine '06 civic (1.6) 6 month ago. Bought it as renew COE car, renew for 5 years. And so far been loving it. Maintenance is still consider reasonable, and fuel consumption is average 10km/l.

Ha ha, i also got my civic 1.6 2008 few weeks ago. I can only achieve 9km/L. Fuel.comsumption is rather high compare to my previous car.

Ha ha, i also got my civic 1.6 2008 few weeks ago. I can only achieve 9km/L. Fuel.comsumption is rather high compare to my previous car.

My 2008 FD4 gives me about 10 also.

Enjoy your Civic . You will certainly like it.

Neutral Newbie

Actually depend on how heavy is your right ft. If slowly pickup, RPM seldom above 3k. 10-11km/L shouldbe no problem de.

Yap, compare to mine previous car,fuel consumption is high also. but then am enjoying the ride more than the previous cars.

Neutral Newbie

Actually depend on how heavy is your right ft. If slowly pickup, RPM seldom above 3k. 10-11km/L shouldbe no problem de.

Yap, compare to mine previous car,fuel consumption is high also. but then am enjoying the ride more than the previous cars.

Ya you are right. Driving a civic cannot be compare to toyota. Actually the car is pretty powerful and nice but only fuel comsumption high. Intent to buy and extent COE but need to reconsider next year cause of high fuel consumption. But truely i like honda civic and the spacious inside, more important powerful than toyota.

Just curious to know how much you paid for your FD4? . Thanks 

↡ Advertisement