Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

Neutral Newbie

Just curious to know how much you paid for your FD4? . Thanks

I pay 23k for that civic. How abt you? I just went to mechanic to do servicing, engine oil seem leaking. He say honda car tend to leak fron the gasket. How much you pay for FD4?
↡ Advertisement

I pay 23k for that civic. How abt you? I just went to mechanic to do servicing, engine oil seem leaking. He say honda car tend to leak fron the gasket. How much you pay for FD4?

I bought mine as new car in 2008 and have been driving Since. Back then I paid 73 k . Cannot get any new car for that price now

Neutral Newbie

I bought mine as new car in 2008 and have been driving Since. Back then I paid 73 k . Cannot get any new car for that price now ð­.

The dealers only offering 1k above scrap value now for my car if I trade in. Plain Crazy the amount of money these guys want to make .

Recently had to fix a leak in the VTec valve gasket. Other than that the usual wear and tear stuff . This has been my most reliable car and hence will renew COE.

Ok. So you are expert. I have been driving toyota for 10 years and the car scrapped last year. Has always want to try honda and till now, quite happy with it. Anyway nicr chatting with you. Keep in contact

I also just got 08, FD1 less then two months, there are few items need to fix.

1. Oil leak from engines top cover and V tech - Buy top cover rubber gasket and vtech gasket.

2. Power steering leak - can buy power steering repair kit

3. Front shock absorber, mounting, stopper and cover all need to change

4. Drive shaft cover need to change at driver side

5. Front lower are passenger side need to change

Car powerful but FC is around 10km/L. Currently use the apps to keep track the monthly FC

Neutral Newbie

Just curious to know how much you paid for your FD4? . Thanks 

got mine for 43k last sept. with renewal of 5 year COE

so far i have replace engine gasket, vtec gasket, rear wheel bearing ( both side) and engine mounting.

next in line is suspension system.

But not sure whether to replace the absober only or the entire set

(edited)

Any bro here installed a gearbox oil cooler..for their AUTO Fd...thinking of doing so saw this on carousel

https://carousell.com/p/honda-civic-fd-atf-cooler-93685690/?ref=search&ref_query=gearbox%20oil%20cooler&ref_rank=11&ref_referrer=%2Fsearch%2Fproducts%3Fquery%3Dgearbox%2520oil%2520cooler

see already like very shiok... [:)]

Edited by Ignissport

Any bro here installed a gearbox oil cooler..for their AUTO Fd...thinking of doing so saw this on carousel

https://carousell.com/p/honda-civic-fd-atf-cooler-93685690/?ref=search&ref_query=gearbox%20oil%20cooler&ref_rank=11&ref_referrer=%2Fsearch%2Fproducts%3Fquery%3Dgearbox%2520oil%2520cooler

see already like very shiok... [:)]

You don't track and your car is not made to track so don't waste money. Just change Honda original ATF and you will be OK. If that thing is mounted in front of the radiator then you risk overheating the engine to cool the gear box? Stay stock is best. The more things you put in the car is directly proportion to your chances of screwing up the car.

• Praise 2

Any one can comments use SACH ($100) n SHOWA ($91)suspension? Which one to get?

Showa is the OEM for Honda dampers. i have been using them since i bought the car. for normal driving, Honda dampers are more than sufficient.

Showa is the OEM for Honda dampers. i have been using them since i bought the car. for normal driving, Honda dampers are more than sufficient.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks for your input.

btw, are you referring to Showa-branded or Honda-branded dampers? i was not able to locate Showa-branded dampers, hence i ended up with the Honda-branded ones. they are basically the same except the ones with the H logo cost more.

Any one bought spare part from Tenage Jaya before? How their service?

Plan to buy tokico Thailand make suspension from them

btw, are you referring to Showa-branded or Honda-branded dampers? i was not able to locate Showa-branded dampers, hence i ended up with the Honda-branded ones. they are basically the same except the ones with the H logo cost more.

Showa branded, cost 91 with GST

Any one bought spare part from Tenage Jaya before? How their service?

Plan to buy tokico Thailand make suspension from them

Showa branded, cost 91 with GST

i believe someone did. he mentioned the shop had Honda spare parts and their prices were relatively lower. there's another shop along the same row as well. Jati Auto.

which shop sells Showa-branded dampers?

how much are you guys paying for those buying COE civics or Type R? heard that COE cars only can buy 3rd party? No comprehensive cover correct?

i believe someone did. he mentioned the shop had Honda spare parts and their prices were relatively lower. there's another shop along the same row as well. Jati Auto.

which shop sells Showa-branded dampers?

http://thianseng.com
↡ Advertisement