Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

(edited)

I would advice you to keep the fielder. Give it good and timely maintenance it should last you well for another 10 years.

Agree also,if really want civic, can go for it after my fielder go up heaven

Lots of memories as fielder is my first car

Edited by leeys
↡ Advertisement

Just sharing something about the FD.

It's a solid car, and the mechanicals are pretty good. It's made in Japan, and the engine is a wonderful thing.

But at 10 years, one should be prepared for some repairs. Few buyers will drive this wonderful car like an aunty (I am probably the exception). 

So there will be wear and tear issues:

Gearbox

Engine mounts

Shocks

Roof lining

Etc etc. 

So go in with your eyes open. The Kah Motor mechanic that helped me that  for the past 10 years advised me unless I parked 5-10k for repairs, U should move on, so I sold my old FD.. 

YMMV

Neutral Newbie

Hi all seniors FD owners,

My ride is '08 FD3, 1.3 Hybrid, got it 2 months ago.

Recently went for a full servicing and check up for my ride, mech checked the following problems;

1) Oil leak (Can be seem when releasing out the engine oil during servicing), recommend to change engine gasket

2) Front wheel bushing cracked (Can be seem when jacked up the car), recommend to change both bushings

3) Engine mounting cracked (Can be seem when open the bonet), recommend to change the 2 mountings 

Quoted me a total of SGD$800 for the above, is the price alright?

Another issue i have when driving the car above 70km/hr, there's a "won won won" sound coming from the back. Mech checked and it seem not bearing issue, said maybe it's tires issue. Anyone experience similar issue before?

Sorry for the long post, hope able to get some answers.

Recently went for a full servicing and check up for my ride, mech checked the following problems;

1) Oil leak (Can be seem when releasing out the engine oil during servicing), recommend to change engine gasket

2) Front wheel bushing cracked (Can be seem when jacked up the car), recommend to change both bushings

3) Engine mounting cracked (Can be seem when open the bonet), recommend to change the 2 mountings 

Another issue i have when driving the car above 70km/hr, there's a "won won won" sound coming from the back. Mech checked and it seem not bearing issue, said maybe it's tires issue. Anyone experience similar issue before?

1) Oil leak can come from anyway in the engine. If its coming from the gasket you will be able to see traces of oil coming between the top and bottom block.

2) I assume this is the dust cover of the CV joint. Better change this fast if sand or rocks goes into the CV joint you may have to change it as well.

3) One more year to go just change the necessary and save for the next car. If you intend to renew COE best is to change all 4 mounts.

Since your mech has checked the wheel bearing, you can drive to a tyre shop and have them inspect the tyre to see if the analysis given is true.

Supercharged

My brother's 2006 Civic got undercarriage sound when braking or moving off. Most suspension parts changed after COE renewal. Could be be the gearbox mounts?

My brother's 2006 Civic got undercarriage sound when braking or moving off. Most suspension parts changed after COE renewal. Could be be the gearbox mounts?

You have to be specific on the symptoms.

as the repair can be quite costly, may i suggest you get a second opinion and quotation? a factor to consider is whether you intend to renew the COE for this FD3.

157 is ok.

I sold my 2007 FD with 160k on the clock.

But do know that this thread will guide you through the parts that will need replacement. 

All the best, it's a fantastic car if you take good car of it.

luckily i found a gem, 9 years FD2 with 69k mileage [:p][scholar]

congrats on ur bergin post! [thumbsup]

For ur last qns, if ur mech is accurate then likely to do with tyres, either not balance properly or tyre botak soon.

I have the same sound and have bought both rear bearings to replace next week. Bought NTN for RM212 each side. Next week going in to ah jet to replace.

• Praise 1

luckily i found a gem, 9 years FD2 with 69k mileage [:p][scholar]

congrats on ur bergin post! [thumbsup]

For ur last qns, if ur mech is accurate then likely to do with tyres, either not balance properly or tyre botak soon.

I have the same sound and have bought both rear bearings to replace next week. Bought NTN for RM212 each side. Next week going in to ah jet to replace.

most likely, the mileage had been "customised" if you bought the car from a second-hand dealer. [lipsrsealed] 

hope the NTN bearings you bought were made in Japan. there's a forummer here who sells wheel bearings. you may want to check with him if you decide to replace the front bearings next time. 

Neutral Newbie

Sorry for the long post, hope able to get some ans

Hi Isuzui,

Did you manage to find out the cause of the noise coming from the back of your car? recently i have such problem with my civic and i am thinking if i should renew the coe.

I used to drive a mitsubishi colt and have the same noise. It persisted after i replaced the rear bearings. no choice and live with the noise for a while more before i changed it to the current civic.

(edited)

Let me see what I repair FD4 in last 10 years.

2008/06 - Got new car

2009 - Battery $80+

2011 - Engine Mount $100+

2013 - Front Brakes $90

2015 - Rear Wheel bearing $100+

2016/06 - Front Fan Motor $140

Oil Seal (oil leak) $220 + $50

Fan Belt $100

2017/01 - Aircon evaporator coil $350 + $120 

2017/01 - Battery $100

2017/04 - Pair of Front Suspension $577

2017/05 - Aircon Magnetic Clutch, Pulley, Gas $299

1 more year to go.  Mileage 190k

Edited by Junky73
  • Praise 1

most likely, the mileage had been "customised" if you bought the car from a second-hand dealer. [lipsrsealed] 

hope the NTN bearings you bought were made in Japan. there's a forummer here who sells wheel bearings. you may want to check with him if you decide to replace the front bearings next time. 

lol bro thought i told you before?

bought from a relative who drove average 4km per day from home to work.

9 year full servicing records from KM. [knife]

oh man. bought from my usual stockist in jb together with the shocks. will check again with her if its MIJ as i havent collect yet.

Anyone have lobang to refunish roof lining for FD2? TIA

Go jb if u wan. Along holiday plaza after u turn left from crown hotel..... first shop with bright accessories and air services. They quoted me 400RM PVC leather with many color to choose..the shop is opp one big thai massage shop and car washing. Interior of the shop is yellow.

U shall not miss it as their lighting is eye catching and bright.....

oh man. bought from my usual stockist in jb together with the shocks. will check again with her if its MIJ as i havent collect yet.

good for you then. such kind of deal is quite rare.  :D

Any civic bros still wanna do roof lining?

2 bros here and me will do a group drive in to pekan nanas and discussing this in a whatsapp group chat.

If anyone is keen pls pm me and i add u in :)

Hi Bro, can share your usual stockist in JB? and what shocks you getting from them and price.

I looking to buy shocks from JB and get quote Tokico Front shock (RM 190) x 1pc. KyB RM 180. Honda original front shocks is range RM380 ~400

↡ Advertisement