Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

When the compressor kicks in then vibration plus lagging or dragging effect follows..

Have u tried turning off the AC but leave the fan on?

If the same issue persists, its ur compressor issue. If not, then its some other issue but connected to the AC. At least this will give u a rough idea where the problem is coming from.

No matter wat is the issue, it is still best to go to a workshop that deals with air-con.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

When AC is off and leave the fan ON there is no vibration, jerking at all. So I'm guessing should be the belt, magnetic coil or bearing worn off. Thanks for the info.giving me a rough idea.

Hi all, need some advise. My fd1 hesitates on acceleration. The rpm & speed stay put when I accelerate & surge after a second or two. I notice it happens after it has run for awhile. Any idea wat could be cause?

I currently driving a Honda 2008 FD1 1.8cc. Its a pre-owned which i bought 3 years ago. Throughout the 3 years I've replaced

1) all 4 suspension and front bushing (2 yrs ago)

2) right side mirror motor (1 yr ago)

3) starter (1yr ago)

4) 4 tyres (1.5yr ago)

COE for this car is gonna end comes Jan2018 and is considering on changing to a Audi A3 given that the COE is kinda at the low side now. So far this honda civic is performing quite well and not giving me any problems.

Now i'm in a dilemma whether to renew the coe for this car now or just change to a conti car.

Any advice from experts here.

I currently driving a Honda 2008 FD1 1.8cc. Its a pre-owned which i bought 3 years ago. Throughout the 3 years I've replaced

1) all 4 suspension and front bushing (2 yrs ago)

2) right side mirror motor (1 yr ago)

3) starter (1yr ago)

4) 4 tyres (1.5yr ago)

COE for this car is gonna end comes Jan2018 and is considering on changing to a Audi A3 given that the COE is kinda at the low side now. So far this honda civic is performing quite well and not giving me any problems.

Now i'm in a dilemma whether to renew the coe for this car now or just change to a conti car.

Any advice from experts here.

If you have the intention to renew your FD1.. you will not consider buying Audi A3. Seems like you have decided.. haha

What is your mileage? On the high side? IMO.. Renew if a car is just a transport to you. Buy new if you have spare cash to burnt.

Hi all, need some advise. My fd1 hesitates on acceleration. The rpm & speed stay put when I accelerate & surge after a second or two. I notice it happens after it has run for awhile. Any idea wat could be cause?

Google "civic fd throttle hesistation". many possible causes. most are not easy to troubleshoot. you need a skillful mechanic with the right tools.

If you have the intention to renew your FD1.. you will not consider buying Audi A3. Seems like you have decided.. haha

What is your mileage? On the high side? IMO.. Renew if a car is just a transport to you. Buy new if you have spare cash to burnt.

I've yet decided actually. Both has it good and bad, save money but risk of breakdown. Spend money but need not worry abt repair or breakdown and also enjoy the new car feel. Mileage is 126000.

I've yet decided actually. Both has it good and bad, save money but risk of breakdown. Spend money but need not worry abt repair or breakdown and also enjoy the new car feel. Mileage is 126000.

Your mileage is consider low.. maybe can do a renew? Get a good mechanic to check how much parts need to be replace

FD1 is indeed a good car, thats why I sent the car for full servicing n replacemnt of original parts. And extend full CoE. I set a budget of 3-5k for all neccessary replacement. Upholstery n paint work still tiptop.

May I ask if you send for servicing and replacement of parts at one go or routinely. Reason for my question is because I'm considering on renewing my FD1 COE too. But because i bought it as a preowned 3 years ago so don't really know about the history of this car. I like this car though and wish to have it send to a trustable workshop to do a through check and see if that are any underlying issues and the cost to fix it.

I replace those known parts that experiencing abnormal n advice from my mechanic. Parts that may affect other performance are replace too. So far no major issue. Reliable workshops n mechanics play an important role to upkeep the car. Prices may varies.

Google "civic fd throttle hesistation". many possible causes. most are not easy to troubleshoot. you need a skillful mechanic with the right tools.

bro. we can set a date to go pekan do ur roof. i am good to replace door panel leather too [drivingcar]

Any advice on where I can go for a trustworthy and reliable WS to have an overall inspection to have a gauge of total replacement/repair cost on my FD1 before deciding to renew COE?

bro. we can set a date to go pekan do ur roof. i am good to replace door panel leather too [drivingcar]

are you free to go on a Saturday? need one full day?

Any advice on where I can go for a trustworthy and reliable WS to have an overall inspection to have a gauge of total replacement/repair cost on my FD1 before deciding to renew COE?

if you don't mind going to JB, you could look for Jet Cheng Auto Services. In SG, you could go to SKM, Riverview Auto, Autosaver etc. give them a call to find out the price of such inspection before going down.to save time and possibly some money, get the inspection done together with a servicing.  [idea]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi guys,need some advice...i juz bought a dec.08 fd1 2 mths ago,recently drive totally without music and realised whenever I step on gas pedal to move off from stationary,there is a sort of hissing noise from engine compartment (most probably left side).Is this hissing noise normal for fd? Thanks for ur advise :)

Edited by Skyhawk958

Neutral Newbie

The CD player in my 2007 Civic is jammed. Radio still fine. Renewing my coe. Any idea how to DIY fix my CD player? Heard that audio shop is charging a bomb!

You can consider Benefit Auto. Eric was from Kah Motor years ago. I found him online and service my civic with him. Don’t take my words though. Do your DD.

https://www.facebook.com/Benefit-Auto-Care-Pte-Ltd-1356270214390447/

Neutral Newbie

Hi all. My civic 2007 getting about 400 per full tank before reserve? Is this normal?? Thanks..

↡ Advertisement