Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

Hi all. My civic 2007 getting about 400 per full tank before reserve? Is this normal?? Thanks..

How many litre per "full tank" you had pumped?
↡ Advertisement

Hi all. My civic 2007 getting about 400 per full tank before reserve? Is this normal?? Thanks..

Depends on the type of petrol u used.

For my FD1, it can go 450-480 on shell98z

Hi guys,need some advice...i juz bought a dec.08 fd1 2 mths ago,recently drive totally without music and realised whenever I step on gas pedal to move off from stationary,there is a sort of hissing noise from engine compartment (most probably left side).Is this hissing noise normal for fd? Thanks for ur advise :)

no, it's not normal. for a start, open the bonnet and have someone to rev the engine while you try to locate the source of the hissing sound.

FC is affected by a lot of factors. you need to provide more details.

Depends on the type of petrol u used.

For my FD1, it can go 450-480 on shell98z

i am assuming you were referring to RON98, RON95, RON92 etc. while there could possibly be some differences, i do not believe these differences are as significant as a factor like travelling condition, i.e. % highway, % normal road.

Neutral Newbie

I'm using RON92 since I have heard that it doesn't affect much on the performance of the engine.the last was fuelling about 38 litres to full tank.thanks for the info.

I'm using RON92 since I have heard that it doesn't affect much on the performance of the engine.the last was fuelling about 38 litres to full tank.thanks for the info.

Assuming u r talking about cruising speed and conditions r favorable, then yes that fuel consumption is abt right.

i am assuming you were referring to RON98, RON95, RON92 etc. while there could possibly be some differences, i do not believe these differences are as significant as a factor like travelling condition, i.e. % highway, % normal road.

Again... assuming we r talking abt crusing speed and conditions r favorable, with a full tank, the difference for me between 95 and 98 r usually ard 30-50km only.

Neutral Newbie

no, it's not normal. for a start, open the bonnet and have someone to rev the engine while you try to locate the source of the hissing sound.

FC is affected by a lot of factors. you need to provide more details.

Noted,thanks for ur advice!

Again... assuming we r talking abt crusing speed and conditions r favorable, with a full tank, the difference for me between 95 and 98 r usually ard 30-50km only.

For my case, there isn't any significant difference between the 3 types of ron so I chose to using the middle  [:p]  [:p]  [:p]

400 for 38 liters should be quite alright. I am getting around 10~11 per liter.

I notice weather plays a big part in fc. Cool but not rainy weather gives better fc

400 for 38 liters should be quite alright. I am getting around 10~11 per liter.

I notice weather plays a big part in fc. Cool but not rainy weather gives better fc

he has not even stated if his car is an FD1, FD2, FD3 or FD4 and you thought it was quite alright?  :D

Neutral Newbie

Hi, 

I am driving a FD2 and I am experiencing some thumping sound if I pass thru a hump at slightly higher speed (around 15-20km/h)

after passing thru the hump, it will bounce downwards hard and will hear a thumping sound.

The last time i changed my brake pads, the mechanic told me that my shock absorbers need to be replaced due to wear and tear. He also mentioned that the joint is spoilt

Can I have a rough idea, except for the shock absorbers itself, what else should i be excepting to replace?

And I was looking thru the net and saw that there is KYB and Tokico shocks around. Do you guys have experience on which is better?

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a secondhand FD2 manual version from a dealer soon. Going to test drive soon.

Can i check how is the reliability of a 2.0M si and how is the repair cost like?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am driving a FD2 and I am experiencing some thumping sound if I pass thru a hump at slightly higher speed (around 15-20km/h)

after passing thru the hump, it will bounce downwards hard and will hear a thumping sound.

The last time i changed my brake pads, the mechanic told me that my shock absorbers need to be replaced due to wear and tear. He also mentioned that the joint is spoilt

Can I have a rough idea, except for the shock absorbers itself, what else should i be excepting to replace?

And I was looking thru the net and saw that there is KYB and Tokico shocks around. Do you guys have experience on which is better?

I drive a civic FD1 and replace all 4 with tokico, feels kinda hard and at times can feel every single bumps on the road. Weird thing is that I dun always feel that, and I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with the road as I'm comparing on the same stretch of road on two consecutive days. Anyway if given a second chance I would choose KYB instead.

Hi, 

the dampers for Civic FD are made by Showa. stick to OEM or Honda-branded dampers.

you probably need to replace the top mountings and/or rubber covers too.

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a secondhand FD2 manual version from a dealer soon. Going to test drive soon.

Can i check how is the reliability of a 2.0M si and how is the repair cost like?

Thanks!

as long as it has been serviced at regular intervals, it is generally a reliable car. moreover you are looking at one with a manual gearbox.

cost is relative. it depends on what you want to compare against.

↡ Advertisement