Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

Thanks bro

They are B&B buyers, I wish I knew they were buying - would have asked them to buy mine instead!

The one they have has quite a few things to sort out, from the mounts to the gears and the roof - typical maintenance issues stuff, but it is adding to the bill.

I wish to help direct them, they aren't car hobbyists, they just want to use that car..

Maybe if you also know about any workshop in SG who can also do an overall assessment?

send the car to either SKM Motors or Riverview Auto or AutoSaver for a minor servicing. during the servicing, the mechanic would most likely highlight the parts that need to be replaced. Alternatively, speak to the supervisor and request for an assessment. get a quote on the costs (parts and labour) of the parts to be replaced. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi All, 

My ride is having very high FC, around 320 per tank. I had went to the workshop and had changed fuel pump and O2 sensor but problem still persist. 

I also tried decarbon but FC is even more worst as it only clock 280 per tank. Anybody has recommanded workshop to check?

Driving FD1 around 140k Millage 

why did you decide to replace the fuel pump and O2 sensor?

to troubleshoot bad fc issue, we should always work on simpler and cheaper stuff first.

Jumpmanz, do you have the address??? Any nearer places to recommend in jb other than pekan nanas??

pm me bro. places in KSL accessories shop all charged at least 700-900rm. might as well do it in SG.

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

I'm having a major problem with my civic.

The car loses power during drive and would just slow down even if i accelerate.

The 3 orange lights engine triangle ! and abs would also be lit up.

However, after I restart the car the engine light would still be on but the car drives as normal again.

Appreciate some advice on what could be the problem. Modulator? ABS module? Electronics?

Thanks!

Hi All,

However, after I restart the car the engine light would still be on but the car drives as normal again.

Appreciate some advice on what could be the problem. Modulator? ABS module? Electronics?

Thanks!

did you mean the icon that looks like a tap? if yes, that's the Check Engine light aka CEL. you would need an OBD reader to get a code in order to determine what is wrong with the car. your regular mechanic should be able to help you on this issue.

Hi All,

Thanks!

Hi Jude

I recently faced some issues and car idiot like myself don't really know how to troubleshoot and also don't have any good trust-able mechanics to pin point the issue.

So I sent my car to Kah Motor for regular servicing and highlight the problems to them. They did a diagnosis and told me that it is a Wheel Bearing issue and quoted me $600 for the replacements. 

I told them that I will consider and subsequent went to an outside workshop to repair it at $430.

If you are like me being a car idiot, waste a bit of money on KM servicings to find out the actual root cause and get external workshop for repair. If the repair is major, you can actually save a lot more than I do.

Hope this help.

• Praise 1

Hi Jude

I recently faced some issues and car idiot like myself don't really know how to troubleshoot and also don't have any good trust-able mechanics to pin point the issue.

So I sent my car to Kah Motor for regular servicing and highlight the problems to them. They did a diagnosis and told me that it is a Wheel Bearing issue and quoted me $600 for the replacements. 

I told them that I will consider and subsequent went to an outside workshop to repair it at $430.

If you are like me being a car idiot, waste a bit of money on KM servicings to find out the actual root cause and get external workshop for repair. If the repair is major, you can actually save a lot more than I do.

Hope this help.

Couldn't understand the statement why you "need to waste a bit of money on KM servicing to find out the actual root cause"

Hi Jude

Hope this help.

wheel bearing CEL will come on?

Hi Jude

Hope this help.

since you have joined this forum, it doesn't hurt to raise questions about your car, right? there is no need to "waste a bit of money".  :D

wheel bearing CEL will come on?

he said he had faced some (not same) issues recently.

since you have joined this forum, it doesn't hurt to raise questions about your car, right? there is no need to "waste a bit of money".  :D

he said he had faced some (not same) issues recently.

When I mentioned "waste a bit of money", I meant that I can actually go to an outside workshop for my normal servicing @$120 instead of paying KM for about $220. I paid the extra $100 to get them to pin point the issues (trust that they will likely be right) and get the external workshop to repair at a much cheaper price.

The guys here are extremely helpful but sometimes I cannot even describe the issue properly or worst even give wrong information. LOL.... Furthermore, any repairs is pretty costly especially when we don't get it right......maybe take that as a insurance plan?  hahahaha

Just a suggestion that may go a long way for our Jude.....

Edited by Ten

When I mentioned "waste a bit of money", I meant that I can actually go to an outside workshop for my normal servicing @$120 instead of paying KM for about $220. I paid the extra $100 to get them to pin point the issues (trust that they will likely be right) and get the external workshop to repair at a much cheaper price.

The guys here are extremely helpful but sometimes I cannot even describe the issue properly or worst even give wrong information. LOL.... Furthermore, any repairs is pretty costly especially when we don't get it right......maybe take that as a insurance plan?  hahahaha

i understand where you are coming from. perhaps you might want to know that there are certainly workshops out there that are equally good, if not better than KM.  :D

i understand where you are coming from. perhaps you might want to know that there are certainly workshops out there that are equally good, if not better than KM.  :D

Yes. I agreed fully.

However, sad thing is that I don't know where are these better workshops.....

If I know, I will probably to go them directly.

I will believe that Jude, will all his current problems, will want to know... [bounce2]

Neutral Newbie

The guys here are extremely helpful but sometimes I cannot even describe the issue properly or worst even give wrong information. LOL.... Furthermore, any repairs is pretty costly especially when we don't get it right......maybe take that as a insurance plan? hahahaha

Thanks ten and everyone. I sent it to honda to get it checked and they inform that it's a modulator problem which would cost a bomb. But I did manage to get it checked at a frens place and they mentioned it's either the ECM or the VISA module malfunction.

Thanks all again!

Hello,

My ride is Honda Civic 1.8L. Recently just change out all 4 brake rotors and brake pads at Autobacs. Brand is TRW. Mechanic told me it is from Japan and is branded. What is the market rate for such items?

Hi,i changed my trw front set slotted rotor+ pad at workshop in yishun,its $280nett Edited by Skyhawk958

Hi All,

My ride is having very high FC, around 320 per tank. I had went to the workshop and had changed fuel pump and O2 sensor but problem still persist.

I also tried decarbon but FC is even more worst as it only clock 280 per tank. Anybody has recommanded workshop to check?

Driving FD1 around 140k Millage

I have the same issue. But so far all i did was send my car for an early servicing, did a flush. Improved the FC slightly but still higher then before. No idea wats the problem yet, even my wksp. So i am juz gonna leave it for now, until my nx servicing.

I have the same issue. But so far all i did was send my car for an early servicing, did a flush. Improved the FC slightly but still higher then before. No idea wats the problem yet, even my wksp. So i am juz gonna leave it for now, until my nx servicing.

have u changed the fuel filter or try cleaning the throttle body....go to a workshop that can do that and can reset the throttle body mapping.

have u changed the fuel filter or try cleaning the throttle body....go to a workshop that can do that and can reset the throttle body mapping.

Hmm not yet. i was thinking of changing the spark plug and maybe tyres 1st cos its been some time since i changed those.
↡ Advertisement