Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

Hi fellows, gtting an 08 FD4. Condition is good as ascertained by my mechanic. Now looking as to whether to renew 5yrs or 10yrs

. For those that own this car, can it last another 10 years. A check on sgcar mart showed 41 fd4 vehicles all renewed only 5yrs. Wondering why noone considered 10yrs

those dealers advertising will put renew 5 years coe. in fact the cars coe have not been renewed yet until a buyer buys it. if you are keen on 10 yrs renew. you can let the dealer know. of cos downpayment and repayment terms will be different for 5 yrs and 10 yrs renewal.

↡ Advertisement

Hi fellows, gtting an 08 FD4. Condition is good as ascertained by my mechanic. Now looking as to whether to renew 5yrs or 10yrs

. For those that own this car, can it last another 10 years. A check on sgcar mart showed 41 fd4 vehicles all renewed only 5yrs. Wondering why noone considered 10yrs

Most ads will show 5 years. My family renewed our FD4 (bought new in 2007) for 10 years last October, will be looking to do checks and any major replacements later this year, we are considering re-spraying of bodywork as well. Only problem we have now is the aftermarket Alpine headunit that came with car that is faulty now. Overall, car still running well and smooth.

Most ads will show 5 years. My family renewed our FD4 (bought new in 2007) for 10 years last October, will be looking to do checks and any major replacements later this year, we are considering re-spraying of bodywork as well. Only problem we have now is the aftermarket Alpine headunit that came with car that is faulty now. Overall, car still running well and smooth.

Thanks for the reply, i think only direct owners will renew 10yrs. I too am buying from a direct buyer almost 10yr fd4 2008 car. Yeaps all the ads feature 5 years. Present mileage of the fd4 is 100k n condition is gd. I know i stand to gain more for 10yr renewal but seeing all the listings put 5 yrs made me worried. Edited by Nemesis_lane

those dealers advertising will put renew 5 years coe. in fact the cars coe have not been renewed yet until a buyer buys it. if you are keen on 10 yrs renew. you can let the dealer know. of cos downpayment and repayment terms will be different for 5 yrs and 10 yrs renewal.

Yeaps i keen on 10 yrs but do not know if the engine can hold out for another 10 yrs. If i don't renew 10, then will probably use the xtra money to clear my hdb earlier. Haha, in sg have to be so practical as everything costs so much!!!
  • Praise 1

Yeaps i keen on 10 yrs but do not know if the engine can hold out for another 10 yrs. If i don't renew 10, then will probably use the xtra money to clear my hdb earlier. Haha, in sg have to be so practical as everything costs so much!!!

is that FD4 using a manual or automatic gearbox? if it's the latter, i would be more concerned about gearbox rather than engine failure.

if you renew the COE, you will lose the PARF rebate, which is ~10K for an FD4.

spread 10K over 5 years or 10K over 10 years. which one is more worthwhile?

I am curious what car don't last 10 more year? Geeezzzzz..

Singkie are so brain washed by our 10 yrs system.

I previously drove a chery a1. That one really cannot last more than 7years. Haha. U are right. In SG, we are quite influenced by the system to think cars should not last more than 10 yrs. Incentives and disincentives are also given so that you do not drive for more than 10 yrs.

is that FD4 using a manual or automatic gearbox? if it's the latter, i would be more concerned about gearbox rather than engine failure.

It is a fd auto. Will take not on e gear box. I do not forsee myself driving past 5 years but would like to get 10 yrs as you are right.

1. If the coe is high in 5 yrs time then it will be good for me.

2. If i want to change car in 5 yrs or scrap, i will still get back the balance.

It is a fd auto. Will take not on e gear box. I do not forsee myself driving past 5 years but would like to get 10 yrs as you are right.

1. If the coe is high in 5 yrs time then it will be good for me.

2. If i want to change car in 5 yrs or scrap, i will still get back the balance.

hi guys just switch from FD4M to FD1M, check by workshop chassis, engine, gearbox etc.. all good, but when I took over this ride and start driving I realise whenever I drive over uneven road, sink-in pothole, repaired road surface my car will sway left and right, workshop say it's due to my rim and rubber (AD08-225/45R17) that cause this, anyone can enlighten or had such problem and manage to solve it, thanks 

hi guys just switch from FD4M to FD1M, check by workshop chassis, engine, gearbox etc.. all good, but when I took over this ride and start driving I realise whenever I drive over uneven road, sink-in pothole, repaired road surface my car will sway left and right, workshop say it's due to my rim and rubber (AD08-225/45R17) that cause this, anyone can enlighten or had such problem and manage to solve it, thanks 

what exactly is wrong with the existing rim/s and tyre/s? which particular one? what's the age of the tyres?

(edited)

Hi Civic owners, good afternoon,

my 08 Civic cabin ceiling cloth falling, not a major issue but while tall person sit rear seat, his head might touch the cloth,  can anyone advise a workshop to fix it, and roughly what price,

best regards

Edited by MQX87511

can call seasonal cushion maker

blk 2 defu lane 10

01-537

Mr Ang 9653 3139

my 08 Civic cabin ceiling cloth falling, not a major issue but while tall person sit rear seat, his head might touch the cloth,  can anyone advise a workshop to fix it, and roughly what price,

best regards

I don't see anything wrong with such size as I got frd FD4 running on such size never encounter what I did, that is the reason why I m here to ask what actually cause this left and right sway or anyone had such problem b4 and had it solve

what exactly is wrong with the existing rim/s and tyre/s? which particular one? what's the age of the tyres?

best regards

i got it done at pekan nanas last year. pics posted in the earlier pages.

cost about 320rm.

• Praise 1

Hi all, headed down to Jet Cheng on 1st June after i collect my civic. Based on bros who have visited him. Is it better to purchase parts for replacement (e.g. side mirror motor) in Singapore and do labour there. Or let Jet provide the parts. Asking as heard that in malaysia they may not use oem parts. Thank u

(edited)

Hi all, headed down to Jet Cheng on 1st June after i collect my civic. Based on bros who have visited him. Is it better to purchase parts for replacement (e.g. side mirror motor) in Singapore and do labour there. Or let Jet provide the parts. Asking as heard that in malaysia they may not use oem parts. Thank u

U may want to call Thien Semg in Skudai to find out the prices of those parts u are getting before getting them in Singapore.

My suggestion is the best is to find out the labor charge from a few workshops around dat area before making decision but it's all up to u

Edited by AHBA

Hi all, whenever the fan turns on the engine sounded like "lion roar" when I accelerate. Any idea could the "roaring" caused by the fan?

Collecting my honda civic 08 in end may. Need to change all tyres. Any recommendations from e bros using this vehicle?

Me using continental .......

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1