Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

Been driving the FD4 for 2 weeks now. Must say mileage is pretty bad. Bee. Getting about 340km over 42l. Thats about 8km/L. Using 17 inch rims. Anything i can do for better mileage. FD4 auto here

The previous owner may not have serviced the car promptly or something was done to sweeten the engine sound

Just to share what I had encountered. I checked the dipstick & the oil looked "swee swee kim kim" before I bought from the dealer. Drove for a couple of weeks & fc was about 9km per litre max. I decided to send in for servicing and to my horror the eo was almost as black as coffee! I am still wondering how the "swee swee kim kim" can turn into black coffee ....

After that the FC improved to 10-11 km per litre

I would suggest to change the eo & atf at short interval for another 2-3 times & you should see better result

The previous owner may not have serviced the car promptly or something was done to sweeten the engine sound

Just to share what I had encountered. I checked the dipstick & the oil looked "swee swee kim kim" before I bought from the dealer. Drove for a couple of weeks & fc was about 9km per litre max. I decided to send in for servicing and to my horror the eo was almost as black as coffee! I am still wondering how the "swee swee kim kim" can turn into black coffee ....

After that the FC improved to 10-11 km per litre

I would suggest to change the eo & atf at short interval for another 2-3 times & you should see better result

Yup the fuel consumption increase by 1km/l. Noticed after just changed eo n atf. Previous was 340km using 42l. Now 350km using 39l. However as using 17inch wheels n tyres suspect that adds to the fc consumption

hi guys just gotten an FD1M and had some issue, this ride is running on 225/45R17 AD08, my problem is at time I drive over uneven road surface etc... I can feel the car in zig zag pattern, sometime going over road hump when the paint strip on the hump is thick I can feel the steering feedback, already done my wheel alignment but yet to do balancing, what r the possible causes for this anyone encounter b4 and solve it, thanks

hi guys just gotten an FD1M and had some issue, this ride is running on 225/45R17 AD08, my problem is at time I drive over uneven road surface etc... I can feel the car in zig zag pattern, sometime going over road hump when the paint strip on the hump is thick I can feel the steering feedback, already done my wheel alignment but yet to do balancing, what r the possible causes for this anyone encounter b4 and solve it, thanks

could be your steering rack, tie rod or tie rod end.

need to lift the wheel off the ground and shake the wheel. if there are movement then one or all of them might need replacing.

Yup the fuel consumption increase by 1km/l. Noticed after just changed eo n atf. Previous was 340km using 42l. Now 350km using 39l. However as using 17inch wheels n tyres suspect that adds to the fc consumption

I am on 17" wheel too. Recently the fc improved quite significantly and I have not changed any parts or servicing except tires. I can't be sure was it due to the tires but do note the fc improvement appears only after I had 2-3K km on them 

I am on 17" wheel too. Recently the fc improved quite significantly and I have not changed any parts or servicing except tires. I can't be sure was it due to the tires but do note the fc improvement appears only after I had 2-3K km on them

My FC now almost 10km/l. Went to check my tyre pressure n realise that it had been 180 psi. Standard shld be 230 for 17inch. Also using Esso 5000(95)

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi all, I hope you all can help me with my FC for my FD4A, 2007. All the way 18 inch rims to clear my VTTR BBK.

I've been driving this car for about 8 months now. Car now has clocked 160,000km.

Major servicing done.No leaks anywhere.

Previously was using Castrol Edge 10w40 + Denso Iridium IK20 sparkplugs...I got FC 11.4km/litre for sometime.

Thought wanted to change EO & sparkplugs. Heard that minor tweaks can improve FC sligtly.

So changed recently like 3000km ago to Royal Purple HPS 5w30 and Denso Iridium TT + 2 bottles of Dianano. Heard Dianano good to increase FC...

FC drop to 10.2km/litre. Sometimes 9km/litre even after 3000km.

Anyone has any feedback after using the denso iridium TT spark plugs? No offence against the sparkplugs. I just dont know if they "pair" with the internals of the FD4A.

Any guru here manage to improve their FC?

I really dont know how to make car's FC better. Hope those gurus out there can give advise. Thank u all.

Edited by Darfiszie

Hi all, I hope you all can help me with my FC for my FD4A, 2007. All the way 18 inch rims to clear my VTTR BBK.

I've been driving this car for about 8 months now. Car now has clocked 160,000km.

Major servicing done.No leaks anywhere.

Previously was using Castrol Edge 10w40 + Denso Iridium IK20 sparkplugs...I got FC 11.4km/litre for sometime.

Thought wanted to change EO & sparkplugs. Heard that minor tweaks can improve FC sligtly.

So changed recently like 3000km ago to Royal Purple HPS 5w30 and Denso Iridium TT + 2 bottles of Dianano. Heard Dianano good to increase FC...

FC drop to 10.2km/litre. Sometimes 9km/litre even after 3000km.

Anyone has any feedback after using the denso iridium TT spark plugs? No offence against the sparkplugs. I just dont know if they "pair" with the internals of the FD4A.

Any guru here manage to improve their FC?

I really dont know how to make car's FC better. Hope those gurus out there can give advise. Thank u all.

Sounds like a problem with your right foot. :)

You are lucky with that FC even though you are on 18" wheelies.

Check your tyre pressure.

Neutral Newbie

Thats the thing boss. I dun consider myself to be a heavy right footer. I drive prob 60% urban 40% highway. Most times I would say 50/50. I dun travel more than 90km/hr. 95km/hr is super super rare and maybe for a few seconds at a time. Load wise its just me and my wife most times. Boot empty.

And being Auto car I rev max to 2000rpm to 2200rpm the most. How to just travel getting 10.2km/litre???

I'm still monitoring my fuel use. Now petrol meter shows 2 bars ABOVE HALF. Milagr covered only 117.2km.

How like that. Seems this tank is worst than 10km/litre.

Any suggestions on EO and sparkplugs anyone?

Previous servicing 3000km ago i changed the following:

1. EO Royal Purple HPS + 2 bottles Dianano

2. Denso Iridium TT

3. HONDA ORIGINAL Transmission oil + 1 bottle Dianano.

4. Cleaned throttle body. They used some form of lube or spray canned thing to spray in my throttle body. Never removed it at all for cleaning. Was charged $75 for that one can of spray. All written in japanese. No english translation.

Frankly I'm really wondering what I did wrong since the last 3000km servicing. Is it the Dianano? Is it the EO cause its thr first time I'm trying Royal Purple or is it the Denso Iridium Spark plugs, also a first for me.

After this servicing all went to hell. Can any guru suggest the right combi of EO and spark plugs please. I know I'm missing something here and its costing me big time. Thank u all

(edited)

suspect is your spark plug as FD using IK20 other brand might not fit due to its length and the gap, should try use back IK20 and see

EO I using helix ultra ECT 0-30 for all my FD4 and FD1 average I can get 510km with 2 bar light on

Edited by Pentium77

I am driving a 2006 FD2 on 18” rims and its FC has increased from 10km/l to 9km/l since i renewed COE. Still can’t figure out wat went wrong. Probably gonna try changing ATF when i got the time.

Anybody else have other ways to try?

Let's be realistic. The FD Civic is never a fuel efficient car to begin with. I am driving a RN series Stream (same engine as 1.8 Civic) so I know the FC performance of this engine series. The FC number is around 10 or 11, at best around 12.

I am driving a 2006 FD2 on 18” rims and its FC has increased from 10km/l to 9km/l since i renewed COE. Still can’t figure out wat went wrong. Probably gonna try changing ATF when i got the time.

Downsize your rims back to 16"

Let's be realistic. The FD Civic is never a fuel efficient car to begin with. I am driving a RN series Stream (same engine as 1.8 Civic) so I know the FC performance of this engine series. The FC number is around 10 or 11, at best around 12.

your stream fc is very good liao. how much more do you think you  want it to be?  [laugh]

some stream even worst FC than you. anything better should be hybrid liao  [laugh]

high FC could be due to many things:

1) Fuel injector clog

2) TB dirty

3) Maf sensor dirty

4) Map sensor dirty

5) 02 and ARF sensor stuck with heavy deposits

6) unstable RPM due to after TB clean never do reset of TPS

7) spark plug coil worn (turn brownish)

8) Over filled EO

9) over fill ATF oil.

get all these check first. Than monitor further. Oh yes if you do alot of city start stop driving dont expect your FC to have wonders.

Thats the thing boss. I dun consider myself to be a heavy right footer. I drive prob 60% urban 40% highway. Most times I would say 50/50. I dun travel more than 90km/hr. 95km/hr is super super rare and maybe for a few seconds at a time. Load wise its just me and my wife most times. Boot empty.

And being Auto car I rev max to 2000rpm to 2200rpm the most. How to just travel getting 10.2km/litre???

I'm still monitoring my fuel use. Now petrol meter shows 2 bars ABOVE HALF. Milagr covered only 117.2km.

How like that. Seems this tank is worst than 10km/litre.

Any suggestions on EO and sparkplugs anyone?

Previous servicing 3000km ago i changed the following:

1. EO Royal Purple HPS + 2 bottles Dianano

2. Denso Iridium TT

3. HONDA ORIGINAL Transmission oil + 1 bottle Dianano.

4. Cleaned throttle body. They used some form of lube or spray canned thing to spray in my throttle body. Never removed it at all for cleaning. Was charged $75 for that one can of spray. All written in japanese. No english translation.

Frankly I'm really wondering what I did wrong since the last 3000km servicing. Is it the Dianano? Is it the EO cause its thr first time I'm trying Royal Purple or is it the Denso Iridium Spark plugs, also a first for me.

After this servicing all went to hell. Can any guru suggest the right combi of EO and spark plugs please. I know I'm missing something here and its costing me big time. Thank u all

if you do TB clean. Must do reset. The TPS value before and after is different. It will affect FC.

suspect is your spark plug as FD using IK20 other brand might not fit due to its length and the gap, should try use back IK20 and see

EO I using helix ultra ECT 0-30 for all my FD4 and FD1 average I can get 510km with 2 bar light on

FD4 should be using IK20L instead of IK20.

mine is using a manual gearbox and i have been getting a mileage of about 520km when the fuel needle is at the 3/4 mark.

for a manual FD4 at 100km/h, the tachometer is close to 3000rpm. how about your auto FD4? 2400rpm?

FD4 should be using IK20L instead of IK20.

mine is using a manual gearbox and i have been getting a mileage of about 520km when the fuel needle is at the 3/4 mark.

for a manual FD4 at 100km/h, the tachometer is close to 3000rpm. how about your auto FD4? 2400rpm?

Bro, bought this for my fd4 from amazon. Should be correct right?

NGK 6994 IZFR6K11 Laser Iridium Spark Plug

↡ Advertisement