Amos Yee, 17 yr old who think he's cool by insulting LKY!

D3badge

I CRINGED and could only last one minute of the video he made for Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

Let's not feed the troll.

Correction. He did not make a video for Mr Lee Kuan Yew. He made a video to insult Mr Lee Kuan Yew 😡

Internal Moderator

Correction. He did not make a video for Mr Lee Kuan Yew. He made a video to insult Mr Lee Kuan Yew 😡

Thank you for correcting me.

I agree unreservedly.

• Praise 1

Since when did SAF become the LKY propaganda machine?

Our SAF is a conscript army and we tolerate it because it is a necessary evil for our survival - if people start to abuse it as a means of punishment, then people will be less tolerant of it.

If you think this kid deserves punishment, then it should be according to the law.

What I mean was , this teen is ignorance of his surrounding and doesn't appreciate it....

Let SAF teaches him to work as a team, suffer as a team, to appreciate what he have now and defend what our country have.... -_-

Is there something wrong the way we teach our young these days?

Or is there something to do with the food or water they eat and drink?

I dont see this young man as an exception but rather more common than suspected these days

My guess is that it could be due to combination of factor such as lesser parental guidance, free access to info on the Internet and believing in most things they read without further research, some may feel like they are really informed and smart cos they read so much online, etc. Edited by Silver_blade

Turbocharged

Since when did SAF become the LKY propaganda machine?

Our SAF is a conscript army and we tolerate it because it is a necessary evil for our survival - if people start to abuse it as a means of punishment, then people will be less tolerant of it.

If you think this kid deserves punishment, then it should be according to the law.

Contrary to what many people feel about NS, I actually appreciate that I did NS. I was agnostic about NS before I went in. I did not go in with the mindset of hating my next 2.5 years but neither am I overly enthusiastic about it.

And through those 2.5 years, it sort of build the base upon which I am the person now, for better or for worse.

I mixed with different folks with different social backgrounds, different IQ, different EQ. Opened up my eyes a little more. I say so because when I compare what I feel with my wife who came from a middle income background and had never really mixed with those from the lower income and/or lower educated group, I see things a little differently. And with a bit more empathy I hope.

Did NS make me a better person? I don't know. What I know is that I really enjoyed those 2.5 years and the following reservist sessions I had. Nevermind the sweat, the mud, the stank of our uniforms, the tired legs, the fatigue, the humidity.

So, did I tolerate NS - to answer Kusje? No. I never did. I enjoyed it.

(Just a note: I was not an officer. I was one of those many NCOs sandwiched between my officer and my men, making sure things run smoothly on the ground. No special privileges accorded to me, nor to my team.)

• Praise 5

I would think the deeper problem here is not Amos, but the upbringing he has from his parents.

I guess his parents are prob late 40ish/early 50ish based on Amos' age. They would be the generation which literally grew up with LKY as PM from 1965 to 1990.

I understand no one agrees 100% with how LKY and his team had dealt with certain matters over the years. But overall, in the bigger scheme of things, I think that team did about many things right. And in many ways, regardless of the different political affilations we migth have, we generally agree we have come a long way.

Room for improvement? Yes. A rant against someone who spent his life making sure the next few generations are secured? He makes me bloodly mad.

So I cannot fanthom how Amos had been brought up to deliver this rant. Why was he brought up this way? Freedom of speech? I agree on this ideology only if everyone speaks up responsibly. But to hell with the person whose speech threatens the fabric of this country.

Mr AMos' father and mother, can you tell me what circumstances have made your son react this way?

from what i see in some of the youth today, they read a lot from internet not much communication with the parents. The humble behavior come from day to day parenting but judging from the busy parents nowadays, the kids hardly have such a luxury.

I too hear from a 17 years old boy who has a decent and well taught family talk back/argue to his parents from what he read on internet, but the boy at the rebellion age wanted to have their own thinking (as we do when we were young) not agreeing with the parents for the sake of it. They learn from the peer and the social media, the 'good' ones just discuss among friends, the 'gung ho' outspoken ones will be like Amos.

I personally think that by arresting him and putting him on trial is only going to make him feel that he proved his point right and doesn't solve the problem at all.. at the same time, if he was jailed or whatsoever, its only wasting tax payers money..

besides, 17yo in today context is still consider young.. and how much can we expect from a guy who has never seen the transformation of Singapore before? this is the perfect example of taking things for granted lor..

want jail, jail his parents for they are the one that did a lousy job..

17 years old not really young leh. Can impregnate a female liao. Some 18 years old in Singapore already firing live weapons.

As for punishing his parents, cannot la Bro. 一人做事一人当。

Parental guidance and upbringing has it limitations... once you reach certain age, you tend to be easily influence by friends and the social norm. The challenge is now many younger generations feel this way, except they have the brains and restraint from spouting nonsense online...

If we always just point fingers at others on their shortcomings, can we guarantee our children will not become like dis boy... I rather criticize the actions rather than pointing fingers at the parents ...

My guess is that it could be due to combination of factor such as lesser parental guidance, free access to info on the Internet and believing in most things they read without further research, some may feel like they are really informed and smart cos they read so much online, etc.

I really don't likes the words he uses in the video and also the part on Jesus...... :angry:

quote "sucking dicks"

Unquote: not by guidance but his own dis-sextisfactions .... [sly]

I would think the deeper problem here is not Amos, but the upbringing he has from his parents.

I guess his parents are prob late 40ish/early 50ish based on Amos' age. They would be the generation which literally grew up with LKY as PM from 1965 to 1990.

I understand no one agrees 100% with how LKY and his team had dealt with certain matters over the years. But overall, in the bigger scheme of things, I think that team did about many things right. And in many ways, regardless of the different political affilations we migth have, we generally agree we have come a long way.

Room for improvement? Yes. A rant against someone who spent his life making sure the next few generations are secured? He makes me bloodly mad.

So I cannot fanthom how Amos had been brought up to deliver this rant. Why was he brought up this way? Freedom of speech? I agree on this ideology only if everyone speaks up responsibly. But to hell with the person whose speech threatens the fabric of this country.

Mr AMos' father and mother, can you tell me what circumstances have made your son react this way?

Agree with you that perhaps his parents has got some answering to do. I would if my son behaves in this way. Actually, I really find it strange that a 17 year old who was not even born when LKY stepped down from being PM has so much hatred for him, can't fathom what exactly made him react in this way.

Can perhaps understand if it's from someone in their late 40s/50s but for a 17 year old, really sad! Actually, not only his hatred towards LKY but a boy of his age should not even have hatred for anyone as it's really bad for oneself if one has to carry this hatred into your prime. It's really burdensome to hate someone so I pity him actually.

• Praise 5

My guess is that it could be due to combination of factor such as lesser parental guidance, free access to info on the Internet and believing in most things they read without further research, some may feel like they are really informed and smart cos they read so much online, etc.

I agree. He actually believes the numbers he quotes. He lacks the breadth and depth to appreciate the ground knowledge needed to validate his proposition. Thinks he lives in a maisonette...

1. Cracked. There are some Mr Harry contemporaries that are cracked, very sad people. So brilliant at times, then cuckoo cuckoo.

2. Got road to run. Dun wan to stay here so make excuse to be sent off. Why did he choose so radical a method to head back to North America? He missed the grass?

Such a waste of talent to be sacrificed.

They should bury this like 14J, Jurong East garung kuni boom boom etc.

Shhh. It could be your son. Some compassion please.

Supercharged

I didn't say he didn't have to pay for it.. just probably the society should make him learn a ilfelong lesson rather than the authorities..

make sure no one dare to hire him in future! broadcast this news world wide!

anyway, how I look a this issue as more of an alarm bell ringing.. that the newer generations which have not seen the transformation of Singapore, very often seems to have the tendency to take things for granted.. After all, most part of the transformation took place during LKY's time..

How many actually enjoyed and look forward to NS as much nowadays?

Edited by Knoobie

Turbocharged

And why this stupid video has more thumbs up then thumbs down? Knn..

If you understand how thumbs up on YouTube works you find that it's easily faked by cloned accounts.

Another good examples is in yahoo comments, the nonsense comments unusually get the most likes while sound comments get most dislikes. Yahoo system works in a ways that "popular post" will be displayed first.

After awhile you see a pattern on the way the negative posts were written that is the work of only a small group of 3 to 4 people spamming the comments with their anti establishment posts.

I wanted to speak French but will hold back for now.

Yeah man. You said it.

I seldom post except of course in the Arsenal football thread, but this chap I really wish to gun him down. For the past week, I watched with tears eye the documentaries that was aired. Now this ? Amos Yee ought to be shot 🔫

I wonder how his parents are feeling now.

My thoughts as well, must hv put so much pain n shame to his parents tat raise him up😑

Can't imagine wat they r gg tru now😕

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1