Amos Yee, 17 yr old who think he's cool by insulting LKY!

D3badge

My thoughts as well, must hv put so much pain n shame to his parents tat raise him up😑

Can't imagine wat they r gg tru now😕

a lot of parents do not know what their kids are doing behind their back, especially the kids nowadays can 'act' very well [laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement

a lot of parents do not know what their kids are doing behind their back, especially the kids nowadays can 'act' very well [laugh][laugh]

Yep, n tats is the worst case😔 imagine walkg down ur estate n neighbors starts lookg at u in a funny way Cannot imagine man😔 sad😔

• Praise 1

Supercharged

anyway, not all hope is lost..

this little boy may just grow up to really be our MP!

Edited by Knoobie
  • Praise 2

Deserved it f**ker! 17 still young must gif chance? Lol mai tok cock lah. He never tio detain under ISA he very lucky liao. This type of ppl shall be kicked out and made stateless

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

My thoughts as well, must hv put so much pain n shame to his parents tat raise him up😑

Can't imagine wat they r gg tru now😕

If the parents knew about the video, it wouldn't come as a shock. But if they don't, then...

So, did I tolerate NS - to answer Kusje? No. I never did. I enjoyed it.

(Just a note: I was not an officer. I was one of those many NCOs sandwiched between my officer and my men, making sure things run smoothly on the ground. No special privileges accorded to me, nor to my team.)

I don't like NS, didn't enjoy it and dun like going back for reserbit. But i understand it's purpose and i just deal with it and make the most of my time inside.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 2

Contrary to what many people feel about NS, I actually appreciate that I did NS. I was agnostic about NS before I went in. I did not go in with the mindset of hating my next 2.5 years but neither am I overly enthusiastic about it.

And through those 2.5 years, it sort of build the base upon which I am the person now, for better or for worse.

I mixed with different folks with different social backgrounds, different IQ, different EQ. Opened up my eyes a little more. I say so because when I compare what I feel with my wife who came from a middle income background and had never really mixed with those from the lower income and/or lower educated group, I see things a little differently. And with a bit more empathy I hope.

Did NS make me a better person? I don't know. What I know is that I really enjoyed those 2.5 years and the following reservist sessions I had. Nevermind the sweat, the mud, the stank of our uniforms, the tired legs, the fatigue, the humidity.

(Just a note: I was not an officer. I was one of those many NCOs sandwiched between my officer and my men, making sure things run smoothly on the ground. No special privileges accorded to me, nor to my team.)

when i went into NS.

i was an angsty teen just like Amos here.

Won't really say, i suffered alot. but I did grew up alot because of it.

Suffering is part of growing up and looking back, i think that at that point in time, NS was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. that said, I did bitch about it all the time when i was inside and hate every moment of it.

Although i never made it through OCS , but the experience did make me a better person.

Hopefully, the experience will also help poor little Amos here.

Edited by Little_prince
  • Praise 2

I am a bit sad to say that if that is the majority of what we will get for the next generation, then we are in serious trouble. (I also want to categorically say that some of his points raised are indeed factual. can't argue the facts.)

why do we want to work so hard at the expense of not having time to transmit the previous gen's values to the next but only just give them money to compensate for our not being around?

left to their own devices, not many young minds can develop productively.

the schools and society in general are not like before, where they too help transmit values.

maybe they have to "act" because they find that we do not listen to them and why bother to communicate if the outcome is always the same?

it takes 2 hands to clap. we cannot just blame the kid. we have to look introspectively how we let down this kid such that he feels this way.

he does seems to have opportunities many other kids do not have.

and I do not think over exposure to western media did this to him. In fact I think under exposure to western media is the cause. being under exposed will lead to half truths. and that is worse than a lie.

Edited by Nolicense
  • Praise 2

anyway, not all hope is lost..

this little boy may just grow up to really be our MP!

Heard jia jia got some learning disabilities. And have speech problem..

Turbocharged

I don't like NS, didn't enjoy it and dun like going back for reserbit. But i understand it's purpose and i just deal with it and make the most of my time inside.

i am quite lucky then .. when i was 17 my dad drag me to a gym and made me sign up (couldnt even bust out 20 push ups back then) and he always told me to keep a positive attitude. NS was not too bad for me. i cant complain .. a lot of good memories as well.

I am a bit sad to say that if that is the majority of what we will get for the next generation, then we are in serious trouble.

why do we want to work so hard at the expense of not having time to transmit the previous gen's values to the next but only just give them money to compensate for our not being around?

left to their own devices, not many young minds can develop productively.

the schools and society in general are not like before, where they too help transmit values.

maybe they have to "act" because they find that we do not listen to them and why bother to communicate if the outcome is always the same?

it takes 2 hands to clap. we cannot just blame the kid. we have to look introspectively how we let down this kid such that he feels this way.

he does seems to have opportunities many other kids do not have.

and I do not think over exposure to western media did this to him. In fact I think under exposure to western media is the cause. being under exposed will lead to half truths. and that is worse than a lie.

let's not judge the younger generation because of a few dimwits.

think about it, these kind of people show up once in a while. i'd be more worried if we had a countless number of these clowns. shows that there are sensible younger people out there too ... (thats why we are not making fun of those people.. haha )

• Praise 1

i am quite lucky then .. when i was 17 my dad drag me to a gym and made me sign up (couldnt even bust out 20 push ups back then) and he always told me to keep a positive attitude. NS was not too bad for me. i cant complain .. a lot of good memories as well.

let's not judge the younger generation because of a few dimwits.

think about it, these kind of people show up once in a while. i'd be more worried if we had a countless number of these clowns. shows that there are sensible younger people out there too ... (thats why we are not making fun of those people.. haha )

signing up gym now!!!!! [grin]

sexy-gym-girl.jpg

• Praise 1

Is it? he sounds normal to me. speaks quite well compared to myself at that age.

Supercharged

yup he does.. but lets not judge him on that.. see his video, does he look like he have a problem? [rolleyes]

Contrary to what many people feel about NS, I actually appreciate that I did NS. I was agnostic about NS before I went in. I did not go in with the mindset of hating my next 2.5 years but neither am I overly enthusiastic about it.

And through those 2.5 years, it sort of build the base upon which I am the person now, for better or for worse.

I mixed with different folks with different social backgrounds, different IQ, different EQ. Opened up my eyes a little more. I say so because when I compare what I feel with my wife who came from a middle income background and had never really mixed with those from the lower income and/or lower educated group, I see things a little differently. And with a bit more empathy I hope.

Did NS make me a better person? I don't know. What I know is that I really enjoyed those 2.5 years and the following reservist sessions I had. Nevermind the sweat, the mud, the stank of our uniforms, the tired legs, the fatigue, the humidity.

I enjoyed my NS by avoiding OCS and SAFINCO [laugh]

I'm beginning to worry that the pictures are going to get more risque [laugh]

• Praise 2

Is it? he sounds normal to me. speaks quite well compared to myself at that age.

Yes that is why it's a great achievement.

yup he does.. but lets not judge him on that.. see his video, does he look like he have a problem? [rolleyes]

Don't Got me wrong. It's mean to be a compliment.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

ya unfortunately the one my dad signed me up at was filled with huge hulking guys. or middle aged aunties. really not much to look at.

but i will always be thankful to my dad for pushing me and giving me that drive :D

↡ Advertisement