Subaru Legacy 2015

antelop

You're considering both FXT and Legacy, right? If FC is your main concern, it sure sounds like the Legacy is a little more economical from bros' reports, in general. But surely you have other criteria. How much rear passenger space do you need? Is straight line power important to you? Do you plan to go off road at all? Do you want a central channel and sub in your sound system or does that not matter to you?

FC not a big issue to me, especially coming from a Saab 95 at 7km/L! Straight line power is important. I find that the pick up lose out to a Camry after the test drive yesterday. What's your OMV?

Edited by Vinepro
↡ Advertisement

FC not a big issue to me, especially coming from a Saab 95 at 7km/L! Straight line power is important. I find that the pick up lose out to a Camry after the test drive yesterday. What's your OMV?

If straight line power is important, the FXT has an obvious edge. On anything that's not straight though, the Legacy will be far ahead - against most SUVs, and probably against most comparable 2.5 NA sedans. It's just the physics of an AWD sedan.

So you test drove the Camry 2.5 and, based on that, the Legacy BN9 pickup felt slower to you, is it? Well, Camry 2.5 HP, torque and manufacter 0-100 figures all beat the Legacy, so that's not surprising. The Camry is more powerful so it had better be faster.

I will say though that an AWD car feels different from a FWD one when accelerating, so unless you're used to AWD, butt dyno might need some adjustment. Also, you were you in S mode? I mode cuts power drastically.

My OMV is about $121k if I remember right.

Edited by Muser

Subaru got AWD,st line performance of the car sure lose to Mazda 6 & Toyota Camry,but when it come to wet handling..Subaru beat them hands down... [thumbsup]I wonder is there a 2 Litre Turbo that used on the WRX on the Legacy.?

Edited by ER-3682

Subaru got AWD,st line performance of the car sure lose to Mazda 6 & Toyota Camry,but when it come to wet handling..Subaru beat them hands down... [thumbsup]I wonder is there a 2 Litre Turbo that used on the WRX on the Legacy.?

No, there's only the FB25 2.5-litre NA engine in Singapore and Japan, which comes from the previous BM generation Legacy and isn't direct injection. There's a 3.6NA flat-six option in places like USA and Australia. And China is the only market that gets the FA20 2.0 DIT engine that's in the FXT, 2-litre Levorg and WRX.

Edited by Muser

Took delivery of my BN9 for close to 2 months now. Wondering what is the average FC you guys are getting?

Anyone swop out their stock rims for aftermarket ones?

ST Powered is the Fujitsubo dealer but it seems that they never bothered to certify our car's exhaust model, so we have to either get it certified with LTA ourselves, or wait for other alternatives from ST Powered. They are still checking on alternatives for me. They haven't even given me a price quote for the BN9's Authorize S model. If we have to certify the exhaust ourselves, it may actually end up making more sense to buy from overseas, depending on ST Powered's markup. I try and support local retailers whenever possible, and enjoy having face-to-face aftersales support, but sometimes the markup's prohibitive.

FYI, HKS doesn't have an exhaust system for the BN9 yet but local HKS dealer Garage R says they'll tell me when they do.

As for air filters, Hurricane and K&N are available locally, although there's a markup. Devillian Motorsports is the local dealer for aFe Power but their price for an aFe Takeda Stage 2 intake is more than S$200 above eBay, even after factoring in shipping, so it's hard to justify. SSD doesn't have a dealer here and neither does AEM, but their intake and filter combos look like good value on eBay. Blitz filters are easily available on Rakuten, and at various local retailers here. Among the above filter options, only K&N is oiled. The rest are dry, and most are washable and reusable.

Hi Muser, what are the process of getting a exhaust certified in Singapore? I am driving a levorg and there is a LTA approved HKS catback in singapore however, it cost a bomb here. I could get it at least 700 cheaper if i am shipping it from overseas but have no idea if it is gonna be approved.

Hi Muser, what are the process of getting a exhaust certified in Singapore? I am driving a levorg and there is a LTA approved HKS catback in singapore however, it cost a bomb here. I could get it at least 700 cheaper if i am shipping it from overseas but have no idea if it is gonna be approved.

If you can comfirmed this model of Exhaust is for this model,inside the box,there will be a HKS Cert written in Japanese,bring this Cert together with the car[after fitting],to Vicom,for inspection,should be fine,i did this with my 370z.

If you can comfirmed this model of Exhaust is for this model,inside the box,there will be a HKS Cert written in Japanese,bring this Cert together with the car[after fitting],to Vicom,for inspection,should be fine,i did this with my 370z.

Thanks for the reply! You chose to buy the same from overseas when there is approved ones selling in SG workshop? Have you seen any failed case?

Took delivery of my BN9 for close to 2 months now. Wondering what is the average FC you guys are getting?

Anyone swop out their stock rims for aftermarket ones?

How are you liking your ride so far?

I'm heavy-footed, only use S mode, drive 90% City and average 9L-10L / 100km.

I'm still on the stock 18-inch Enkei OEM wheels for now, and actually like them very much, though of course I've been tempted to upgrade. And the 5x114.3 PCD gives us plenty of options. What are you looking at?

Sorry, I'm no expert on certification though what @ER-3682 posted sounds about right. The active Levorg community on FB and WhatsApp should have plenty of helpful advice for you too. Are you looking for sound or power? At least catback should give you some gains. Better than axleback, which is really mainly about noise.

How are you liking your ride so far?

I'm heavy-footed, only use S mode, drive 90% City and average 9L-10L / 100km.

I'm still on the stock 18-inch Enkei OEM wheels for now, and actually like them very much, though of course I've been tempted to upgrade. And the 5x114.3 PCD gives us plenty of options. What are you looking at?

Sorry, I'm no expert on certification though what @ER-3682 posted sounds about right. The active Levorg community on FB and WhatsApp should have plenty of helpful advice for you too. Are you looking for sound or power? At least catback should give you some gains. Better than axleback, which is really mainly about noise.

So far so good. I'm would say I'm pretty heavy footed as well doing about 10-11l/100km on average.

Was looking at Prodrive or Volks but still looking around to see whether there are any others. The BNs seems a rare breed and hardly do I see another similar make.

So far what are the other mods you have done to your ride?

• Praise 1

So far so good. I'm would say I'm pretty heavy footed as well doing about 10-11l/100km on average.

Was looking at Prodrive or Volks but still looking around to see whether there are any others. The BNs seems a rare breed and hardly do I see another similar make.

So far what are the other mods you have done to your ride?

Your FC sounds about average among the BN9 owners I know. I'm okay with it, bearing in mind it's a 2.5NA with AWD.

Volks wheels are lovely. And I absolutely love the Prodrive GC-05N wheels - very tempted to get those in either flat black, or gloss black with silver machined rim.

Thanks for the reply! You chose to buy the same from overseas when there is approved ones selling in SG workshop? Have you seen any failed case?

Yes,if there are no Cert inside the box,then good luck to you... [bigcry]

Hi bro...if the HKS cert written in Japanese...do we have to translate it to English for VICOM??

Hi bro...if the HKS cert written in Japanese...do we have to translate it to English for VICOM??

No need,they will know the code,for example my 370z is Z34 Nissan code,so Subaru will got it's own..

• Praise 1

Why, you getting aftermarket exhaust for BN9 ah? Legal mod no need to be shy about sharing here

Bro...still hunting and searching for legal

Spoke to LTA. What's required is not only the Japanese certificates (preferably in English), but also test reports from independent bodies such as TUV, documenting emissions, noise, etc. These reports need NOT be local (Singaporean), but they do need to be internationally recognised.

If these certificates and reports can be obtained before purchase, LTA will evaluate the legality of the exhaust system free of charge (submit paperwork at LTA Sin Ming, Counter 28) so you don't waste your money.

I've emailed Fujitsubo and Kakimoto twice each, requesting the paperwork, but have yet to hear from them.

Time flies and the first 6 months service for the Legacy is coming soon. 

Over here in Australia, the 6 monthly service includes "Upper Engine Cleaner part number SA409". This involves spray the upper engine cleaner into a vacuum port in the intake while running the engine. Subaru says this process helps removes carbon deposit in the intake tract and valves. 

Is this item part of the service schedule for Subarus in Singapore? 

↡ Advertisement